America’s First War Was Against Islam! – Jefferson’s Statement On Islam – Obama Failed History 101 – Obama Practices Islam’s Taqiyya
A law firm that defends and promotes Christian heritage and moral values is pleased that an appellate court in Texas has upheld the free-speech rights of an online journalist who was exposing the truth about two Islamic organizations.
Seven Texas-area Muslim organizations have already filed an appeal of the unanimous ruling of the Texas Second Court of Appeals at Fort Worth, which dismissed the libel lawsuit filed by those organizations against Internet reporter Joe Kaufman. The lawsuit against Kaufman was funded by the Muslim Legal Fund for America. The head of that organization, Khalil Meek, admitted on a Muslim radio show that lawsuits were being filed against Kaufman and others to set an example.
The Thomas More Law Center provided the lead attorney to represent Kaufman free-of-charge. Spokesman Brian Rooney calls the court’s ruling a major free-speech victory.
“It really precludes these radical Islamic groups from practicing what some have referred to as ‘lawfare,’ or stealth Jihad, in the courts to silence critics of their practices like Joe Kaufman from saying anything or writing any articles that put them in a negative light,” he notes.
Rooney says Kaufman was simply trying to expose terrorist connections of two Islamic groups, which are not even part of the lawsuit in the article published in FrontPage Magazine.
“If the two groups that he is talking about aren’t the ones suing him, then maybe there’s some validity to the arguments being made,” he contends. “And unfortunately, the early court said, ‘Well those other groups can sue,’ and this Court of Appeals for Texas said, ‘That’s ridiculous; you have to have the actual groups that he’s referring to sue him for defamation.’”
This ruling, Rooney concludes, should set a strong precedent for courts in other jurisdictions when they face lawsuits by Muslims aimed at silencing criticism.
- Muslim Arrested – Tried to Run Over Christians at Islamic Festival – Media Silent (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Islamists suspected in Egyptian student’s murder (cnsnews.com)
- Dearborn Muslim charged with nine counts of attempted murder for trying to kill street preachers outside the Islamic Center of America (iranaware.com)
- Dearborn Muslim charged with nine counts of attempted murder for trying to kill street preachers outside the Islamic Center of America (genomega1.wordpress.com)
- Dearborn Muslim Charged with Nine Counts of Attempted Murder for Trying to Kill Street Preachers Outside the Islamic Center of America (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)