BELLEVUE, Wash., Dec. 7, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms today applauded Illinois Congressman Joe Walsh‘s introduction of legislation to withhold funding from the United Nations and assuring that the United States does not adopt any treaty posing a threat to national sovereignty or that abridges the firearms rights of American citizens as guaranteed by the Second Amendment.
Rep. Walsh’s bill, developed with the cooperation and assistance of CCRKBA staff, would block U.N. funding unless the President certifies that the world body “has not taken any action to restrict, attempt to restrict, or otherwise adversely infringe upon the rights of individuals…to keep and bear arms, or abridge any of the other constitutionally protected rights” of U.S. citizens.
FIREARM RIGHTS ARE NOT NEGOTIABLE!
“The United Nations’ effort to adopt a global gun control initiative needs to be reined in,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan M. Gottlieb. “For too many years, bureaucrats in the United Nations have become far too cozy with international gun prohibition organizations, and Congressman Walsh’s legislation seems the best way to get their attention. We’ve been delighted and honored to be part of this effort.
“It is an insult to United States sovereignty,” he added, “that the U.N. would be entertaining such measures while enjoying this country’s hospitality at its headquarters in New York City. It is the greatest irony, and perhaps the pinnacle of hypocrisy, for the United Nations to be discussing any treaty that might threaten our Second Amendment, because it has been the United States, with its citizen soldiers and our constitutional right to keep and bear arms that has come to the world’s rescue not once, but twice in global conflicts.
“When diplomacy fails, it is time to close our checkbook,” Gottlieb said. “The Bush administration opposed such a treaty, but the Obama administration is moving forward with discussions on an international Arms Trade Treaty. It is up to Congress to put the brakes on such efforts and protect our national sovereignty, which has been protected and defended for more than two centuries because our citizens have the right, and the resources, to defend it.”
With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (www.ccrkba.org) is one of the nation’s premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States.
SOURCE Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
- CCRKBA Applauds Walsh Legislation to Withhold United Nations Funding (prnewswire.com)
- Senate Listens to CCRKBA, Votes ‘no’ on Obama Court Nominee (prnewswire.com)
- Many Factors Explain ‘Black Friday’ gun Buying Surge, Says CCRKBA (prnewswire.com)
- CCRKBA Applauds Walsh Legislation to Withhold United Nations Funding (2ndamendmentright.org)
- Small Arms Treaty UN & Obama !!!! (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- U.N. abuse of U.S. may have a price; It’s about time! (patricksperry.wordpress.com)
- Did U.N. remarks reveal Obama global gun control strategy? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Hillary Clinton & UN Coming for Your GUNS !!! (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- Hillary commits to UN Small Arms Treaty (raysrope.wordpress.com)
- MORAN: Our firearm freedoms are not negotiable – Washington Times (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Senator Moran & 44 More Senators Tell Obama Administration – Second Amendment Rights Not Negotiable! No Hillary Gun Treaty Scheme For The U.S.A. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Stop the U.n. Gun Ban! (highcountryshows.com)
- My Reply from Senator Roy Blunt concerning U.N. Arms Trade Treaty (iamacitizen.wordpress.com)
- The Chicago way: secretive, behind-closed-door meetings (patricksperry.wordpress.com)
- Demand, Congress Act Now and Stop U.N. from Taking Away Our Second Amendment Rights (iamacitizen.wordpress.com)
- George Soros’s Fast & Spurious: Henchman Eric Holder To Protect The Elite By Taking The Fall ~ HOLDER KNEW IN 2009 PROOF! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- ‘Contempt Vote Against Holder Was Necessary For Justice,’ Says CCRKBA (prnewswire.com)
- The advantage of being armed (lsnewsgroup.com)
- A Letter from Congressman John Kline: UN Gun Grab (maddmedic.wordpress.com)
- George Soros Promotes Un Control Over Gun Ownership (itmakessenseblog.com)