Indiana State Senator Phil Boots has introduced a bill that would nullify implementation of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act in the state.
SB 0230 would amend the Indiana Code concerning state and local administration. The text of the bill simply states:
“Provides that any federal act, order, law, rule, regulation, or statute found by the general assembly to be inconsistent with the power granted to the federal government in the Constitution of the United States is void in Indiana. Provides that a resident of Indiana has a cause of action to enjoin the enforcement or implementation or the attempted enforcement or implementation of a federal act, order, law, rule, regulation, or statute declared void by the general assembly. Provides that a plaintiff who prevails in such an action is entitled to reasonable attorney’s fees and costs.”
The general assembly finds the following:
(1) The people of the several states comprising the United States of America created the federal government to be their agent for certain enumerated purposes as set forth in the Constitution of the United States and for nothing more.
(2) The Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States defines the total scope of federal power as being that which has been delegated by the people of the several states to the federal government, and all powers not delegated to the federal government in the Constitution of the United States are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people themselves.
This bill, if passed, would nullify the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act otherwise known as Obamacare and make it a felony to try to implement it in Indiana. A section from this bill reads:
“A person who knowingly or intentionally implements or enforces a federal law, or attempts to implement or enforce a federal law, that is declared void under section 2 of this chapter commits a Class D felony.”
It also “finds that the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the federal Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 are inconsistent with the power granted to the federal government in the Constitution of the United States.’
SB 0230 was assigned to the Committee on Rules and Legislative Procedure on Monday, January 7, 2013.
LEGISLATION AND TRACKING
If you live outside of Indiana, still contact your state legislator. Inform him or her that you hope similar legislation will be introduced in your state.
Track the status of Obamacare nullification in states around the country HERE
Indiana, join the Nullify Obamacare group on Facebook to support this bill:
If you live in Indiana, contact your state legislator. Let him or her know of your concern for “Obamacare” and that you expect support of this legislation. Click here for contact information.
William Kennedy [send him email] is the State Director for the North Carolina Tenth Amendment Center. A strong supporter of the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights with special emphasis on State Sovereignty protected by the Tenth Amendment.
- Indiana Bill Would Make the Implementation of “Obamacare” a Felony (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Four and Counting: Another State to Consider Obamacare Nullification (chasvoice.blogspot.com)
- Wyoming Bill Would Nullify Obama Gun Control, Jail Feds (thenewamerican.com)
- Will Indiana Nullify Federal Gun Laws? (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- SOLUTIONS: Indiana Bill Would Make the Implementation of “Obamacare” a Felony (secretsofthefed.com)
- Indiana Bill Would Make the Implementation of “Obamacare” a Felony (blacklistednews.com)
- 13. Wyoming Bill Would Nullify Obama Gun Control, Jail Feds (12160.info)
- Four and Counting: Another State to Consider Obamacare Nullification (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Oklahoma Senate Bill Aims to Nullify Obamacare (tenthamendmentcenter.com)