Democrats Responsible For More Americans Killed By Illegal Aliens Than In The Iraq War
Despite surveys showing that 75 percent of U.S. citizens are against providing amnesty, President Barack Obama and the Democratic-controlled House will push a system to make 12 million illegal aliens residing in the United States legal, a senior official in the Obama administration tells The New York Times.
Obama is making comprehensive immigration legislation, including the plan to make illegal aliens legal, a priority in his first year in office. Obama made immigration legislation a key campaign promise to Latino voters who turned out strongly for him on this issue.
The plan, which Obama will reveal publicly in May, reportedly will provide off-the-cuff amnesty and a legalization path for illegal aliens, administration officials tell the Times.
The plan reportedly will:
Bring illegal immigrants into the legal system by recognizing that they violated the law
Impose fines and other penalties to fit the offense
Prevent future illegal immigration by strengthening border enforcement
Prevent future illegal immigration by cracking down on employers who hire illegal immigrants
Create a national system for verifying the legal immigration status of new workers
Obama re-affirmed his stance on “pathway to citizenship” as the best way to address the nation’s immigration woes in a speech recently in California.
“I know this is an emotional issue,” Obama told an audience March 18 in Costa Mesa. “I know it’s a controversial issue. I know that the people get real riled up politically about this.”
Cecilia Muñoz, deputy assistant to the president and director of intergovernmental affairs in the White House, describes the plan as “policy reform that controls immigration and makes it an orderly system.”
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., who recently condemned raids by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, also is touting amnesty and a path for legalization for illegal immigrants.
At a rally in San Francisco last month, Pelosi told a crowd of illegal aliens and advocates for immigration reform that federal or local law enforcement of existing immigration laws is “un-American,” the Associated Press reports.
“Who in this country would not want to change a policy of kicking in doors in the middle of the night and sending a parent away from their families?” Pelosi said about ICE raids on illegal aliens. Pelosi urged Obama “to stop the misguided raids and deportations that are tearing marriages, children and families” apart.
Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., who is on a 17-city, cross-country tour intended to put a human face on the immigration debate, has called immigration officers “Gestapo agents,” FOX News reports.
“The raids] must be stopped!” Pelosi warns. “What value system is that? I think it’s un-American.”
Pelosi refers to illegal aliens as “heroes” and pledges to protect their “right to work” in the U.S. She says illegals working and residing in the U.S. are “very, very patriotic” and are taking “responsibility for our country’s future.”
Rick Oltman of Californians for Population Stabilization tells the Associated Press he’s embarrassed by Pelosi’s pandering and her attempts to exhort illegals for taking responsibility for the future of the country.
“[She’s] insulting American citizens who consider themselves to be patriotic and obey the rule of law,” Oltman says.
“This is just another example of politicians blaming bureaucrats and police officers for things they don’t like,” Mark Krikorian, executive director of Center for Immigration Studies, tells World Net Daily.
“If Pelosi wants an amnesty, she should be up front about it. Until then, police are sworn to enforce the law, and it is outrageous for her to criticize them for doing their jobs.”
Meanwhile, Secretary for Homeland Security Janet Napolitano has ordered U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents to cease their workplace investigations into illegals.
The directive has had “a chilling effect on rank-and-file ICE agents, some of whom fear they will be investigated or prosecuted by the Obama Justice Department,” political strategist Mike Baker tells The Examiner.
Opponents of legalization legislation will try to mobilize public outrage against legalizing illegal workers while so many Americans are out of work. In the meantime, the administration will convene working group discussions with immigration groups and lawmakers from both parties, The Times reports.
Legislation on immigration reform is expected as early as this fall.
- Obama quietly issues amnesty to another group of illegal aliens (itmakessenseblog.com)
- The Deadly Consequences of the Left’s Pro-Illegal Alien Agenda (frontpagemag.com)
- Illegal aliens aren’t immigrants, they’re lawbreakers (billingsgazette.com)
- Obama quietly issues amnesty to another group of illegal aliens (examiner.com)
- California Governor Jerry Brown Signs Bill Giving Illegal Aliens Drivers Licenses (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Illegals to Receive over $7 Billion in Tax Credits (conservativebyte.com)
- Obama’s Nuclear Strike on American Workers (frontpagemag.com)
- Weekend Reflections: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids Are Un-American (politicalvelcraft.org)
- The New Yorker magazine portrays illegal aliens as pilgrims (examiner.com)
- Why Gingrich’s immigration plan is unworkable (cnn.com)
- Presidential Candidate Leader Ron Paul: The Constitution Was Written By The People ~ To Control Their Own Money ~ Not The Private Federal Reserve. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- ICE Provides Pocket Amnesty for Illegal Aliens (oneway2day.wordpress.com)
- *VIDEOS* Mitt Romney Was For Illegal Alien Amnesty Before He Was Against It (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office Arrests 12 More Suspected Illegal Aliens (gloucestercitynews.net)
- DOJ Lawsuit Against Utah’s Immigration Law Exposes Administration’s Blatant Political Agenda, Says FAIR (finanznachrichten.de)
- Bill Clinton endorses Rick Perry’s DREAM Act (examiner.com)
- November 16, 2011 Deaths by Illegals since August (stoptheinvasion.wordpress.com)