New Orleans Runs $5,000,000.00 Anti-British Monarchy Campaign : Bobby Jindal Polemicized With Obama Just Long Enough For The Oil To Hit Louisiana Marshlands.
Money used for ad campaign to promote tourism with slogan ‘This isn’t the first time New Orleans has survived the British’
Is It Time To Find Out If Britain’s Big Ben Will Survive The United States Of America?
Don’t confuse The British Monarchy with the good people of Britain.
The B in BP may no longer mean British, but tell that to New Orleans. The city is using a $5m cheque from the company to launch what might be seen as only a slightly tongue-in-cheek anti-British campaign, aimed at luring tourists who might be discouraged by the approaching oil spill.
New Orleans is using BP’s money to launch a series of television and newspaper advertisements across the US on Friday, including one that declares: “This isn’t the first time New Orleans has survived the British.”
The slogan is set against a statue of General Andrew Jackson, who repelled a British assault on New Orleans back in 1814.
But it says in the small print that “right now everyone is welcome, especially our friends from England”. (In the US, the terms British and English are often regarded as interchangeable even when it comes to the World Cup.)
The advertising campaign is the brainchild of the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau, which fears a sharp reduction in tourism and gatherings of other kinds, just as business was picking up after the devastation of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
“You can’t just say we’re open, come,” the bureau’s president, Steve Perry, told the organisation as he launched the campaign, according to blogofneworleans.com. “You have to acknowledge it. It’s sorta like the poster with the family in front of the shark tank at the aquarium after Katrina, saying we’re pleased to report that this is the only part of New Orleans that’s still under water.”
New Orleans considered some other slogans including: “In times of stress, we eat.” But then it was thought that stress and vacation did not really go very well together.
Perry said that the campaign was also about trying to persuade people that the Gulf of Mexico was a big place geographically and that the oil was nowhere near New Orleans, even if the city did sit beside the affected Gulf of Mexico. “All of the things that visitors come to enjoy in New Orleans remain unchanged by the environmental catastrophe in the Gulf,” he said.
BP wrote a $15m (£10.1m) cheque to promote tourism in Louisiana last month. It paid a similar amount to the state of Alabama, and $25m to Florida.
The city plans to start the campaign on television stations in large cities such as Chicago and Houston and in national newspapers.
Since the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig exploded and sank in late April, BP has faced a barrage of criticism from the US president, Barack Obama, as well from environmental groups and from commentators across social networking sites.
But the anti-British sentiment is not limited to the non-British. Or perhaps that should be anti-English sentiment.
Dame Helen Mirren told the American chat show host David Letterman that BP stood for “bloody piss-poor” and that she was glad England did not beat the US in their World Cup match.
Mirren was cut off by vigorous applause from the studio audience after putting the boot into BP, then continued: “I mean I don’t think I could have come on this show.
“I would have been so embarrassed and mortified at being British that I think I would have had to cancel.”
WILL THE REAL BOBBY JINDAL PLEASE STAND UP?
WILL BOBBY JINDAL RENOUNCE THE BRITISH MONARCHY?
2 MONTHS IS A LONG TIME TO WAIT FOR THE STATE OF LOUISIANA TO COME UNDER SEIGE BY TOXIC ABIOTIC OIL!
You’re A Rhodes Scholar and Cecil Rhodes Basis For Educating Americans At Oxford, was to indoctrinate these scholars with the theme that the American colonies should be reunited with the British Empire and that they should work through “public service” to achieve that goal. These Scholarships were all underwritten by The Rothschild Dynasty.
Though Your Legislature has introduced:
Fact remains, that your polemic speeches directed at Obama for inaction during the last 60 days is actually a red herring!
Again you are a Rhodes Scholar and you understand that The Separation of Powers of the Constitution favors State law. This leaves you with the prerogative/duty to protect Louisiana NOT Barry Soetoro!
AS YOU CAN IMAGINE, YOUR EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND HAS PEOPLE WATCHING WITH A JAUNDICE EYE YOUR APPROACH TO PROTECTING THE UNITED STATES FROM THE BRITISH MONARCHY.
THAT SAID, IT APPEARS YOU HAVE FINALLY ACTED PRIOR TO OBAMA!
YOU HAVE ORDERED THE NATIONAL GUARD’S BLACKHAWK AND CHINOOK HELICOPTERS TO DROP 7K LBS SAND BAGS TO BUILD BARRIER 9 MILES OUT. YOU APPEAR TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC AS A TRUE PATRIOT.
YET ALAS, YOU AND OBAMA POLEMICIZED FOR 2 MONTHS JUST LONG ENOUGH FOR THE OIL TO HIT THE LOUISIANA MARSHLANDS!
SO TELL ME BOBBY JINDAL – WILL YOU PUBLICLY RENOUNCE THE BRITISH MONARCHY?
- Rothschild British Crown Operatives In The White House: (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Tony Blair – British Monarchy is World’s Greatest Threat: Threatens The United States Of America! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- World War 3 ~ Rothschild To Strike The Anvil While The Metal Is Still Hot! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Europe Protests Austerity Program By World’s Richest 1%: The Rothschild Banking Cabal. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- BP Gulf Oil Spill Settlement Sells Out Victims (climate-connections.org)
- Weekend Reflections: Defund Obama’s $10 Billion Of U.S. Taxpayer Money ~ Funding Brazil’s Off Shore Oil Drilling! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Fight Back This Is YOUR Country: Fraudulent Rules In AMERICA That Most Don’t Know! Usurpation By The British Monarchy! (afteramerica.wordpress.com)
- Britain highlights the importance of diamonds to the British monarchy (gabzfmnews.wordpress.com)
- Judge: Post-Katrina Orleans school firings wrongful (wwltv.com)
- ‘The Making of a Modern Monarchy’ A Scholarly Conference (VIDEO) (royalcorrespondent.com)
- The Sedition Of Louisiana’s Rothschild British Rhode Student: Governor Bobby Jindal & Ousted GOP Chairman Roger Villere! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- U.S. unlikely to settle with BP (upi.com)
- 70 Inroads By The British Rhodes Empire: Monarchy Reclaiming America By Cronie Capitalism (politicalvelcraft.org)
- ATTENTION ALL 3,086 US COUNTY SHERIFFS: British Monarchy’s Secret Society Crimes Are Now In Progress! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Government $1bn deal to controversial Petrogras deep-sea oil drilling (guardian.co.uk)
About this entry
You’re currently reading “New Orleans Runs $5,000,000.00 Anti-British Monarchy Campaign : Bobby Jindal Polemicized With Obama Just Long Enough For The Oil To Hit Louisiana Marshlands.,” an entry on Political Vel Craft
- June 17, 2010 / 10:11 PM