Members of the Montana Senate on Wednesday approved a measure which would require the Montana Attorney General to file suit against the federal healthcare reform bill.
- CIA, Bill Clinton, George Bush Jr., & Barack Obama Indicted By Congressional “Constitutional Task Force” For Crimes Against Humanity!
The vote in the MT Senate was 28-22, and followed party lines.
Republicans say the Affordable Care Act will cost the state millions of dollars and should be declared unconstitutional.
Democrats say that the bill breaks Montana law by violating the separation of powers.
MT State Senator Dave Lewis (R-Helena) said, “This is the biggest fiscal impact that the State of Montana will ever probably face. I think this is going to be a fiscal disaster for all of the states and certainly for Montana.”
MT State Senator Shannon Augare (D-Browning) claimed, “It is my opinion that this is in fact a power grab by the Legislature. We are dictating to the Executive Branch, the Attorney General’s office what to do.”
The bill must pass a third reading on the Senate Floor before heading to the House for committee discussion.
Here is the full text of Senate Bill 106, which is sponsored by MT State Senator Jason Priest (R-Red Lodge):
A BILL FOR AN ACT ENTITLED: “AN ACT REQUIRING THE MONTANA ATTORNEY GENERAL TO FILE A MOTION TO JOIN THE FLORIDA LAWSUIT CHALLENGING THE CONSTITUTIONALITY OF PUBLIC LAW 111-148, THE PATIENT PROTECTION AND AFFORDABLE CARE ACT; AND PROVIDING AN IMMEDIATE EFFECTIVE DATE.”
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:
NEW SECTION. Section 1. State to join lawsuit. (1) The attorney general of Montana shall file a motion to join on behalf of the state of Montana as a plaintiff in Case No. 3:10-cv-91-RV/EMT, the lawsuit filed in the U.S. district court for the northern district of Florida that challenges the constitutionality of Public Law 111-148, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, and asks that the federal government be prevented from enforcing Public Law 111-148 against the plaintiff states and their residents.
(2) The attorney general shall file a motion to join the lawsuit within 10 business days of the effective date of this act.
“Medicine is the keystone of the arch of socialism.”
– Vladimir Lenin 1, 2, Flowchart
NEW SECTION. Section 2. Effective date. [This act] is effective on passage and approval.
– END –
Tea Party Must Control the 2012 GOP Pick: KNOW YOUR ENEMY -> Don’t Be Fooled By The Media’s Socialist Sleeper Cell Donald Trump!!
Explain how any of you can support a guy who says this:
“We must have universal healthcare,” wrote Trump. “I’m a conservative on most issues but a liberal on this one. We should not hear so many stories of families ruined by healthcare expenses.”
The goal of health care reform, wrote Trump, should be a system that looks a lot like Canada. “Doctors might be paid less than they are now, as is the case in Canada, but they would be able to treat more patients because of the reduction in their paperwork,” he writes.
The Canadian plan also helps Canadians live longer and healthier than Americans. There are fewer medical lawsuits, less loss of labor to sickness, and lower costs to companies paying for the medical care of their employees. If the program were in place in Massachusetts in 1999 it would have reduced administrative costs by $2.5 million. We need, as a nation, to reexamine the single-payer plan, as many individual states are doing.
- Montana Votes 20-0 Defending The Bill Of Rights Nullifying McCain’s Anti-NDAA Rule. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Vladimir Lenin’s Stoney Brain (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
- State Of The Union Political Theater Is Obsolete: Obama Screwing U.S. Citizens Big Time! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Former Montana governor Schweitzer won’t run for Senate (americanbulwark.com)
- Montana Enacts Law Prohibitng NSA Spying (thelonestarwatchdog.com)
- ObamaCare architect Baucus does switcheroo; quits (seeingredaz.wordpress.com)
- Boehner Non-Committal on Defunding Obamacare Mandate Through Must-Pass CR Bill (cnsnews.com)
- The IRS Workers’ Union Also Wants Exemption from ObamaCare (legalinsurrection.com)
- Schweitzer rules out Montana Senate run (marketwatch.com)