(CNSNews.com) – Arizona Sheriff Paul Babeu said the Obama administration’s decision to extend the deployment of 1,200 U.S. National Guard troops along the U.S. border with Mexico until Sept. 30 is “pandering” and that those numbers “fall far short” of what military power is needed to keep the country safe.
Babeu is the sheriff of Pinal County in southern Arizona and is on the frontlines against illegal immigration, human traffickers, drug smugglers, and potential terrorists. He was named the 2011 National Sheriff of the Year by the National Sheriff’s Association on Sunday, June 19.
- Egypt Court Sentences 529 Obama Morsi Muslim Brotherhood Supporters to Death
- The Real Puppet Masters Behind The Ukraine Snipers: Lead By The U.S. Taxpayer’s Money!
The federal government should designate Mexican drug cartels as foreign terrorist organizations under U.S. law, according to an Arizona sheriff, Paul Babeu, near the U.S.-Mexico border.
“What are we doing?” Babeu told CNSNews.com by telephone. “We need 6,000 armed soldiers on our border to protect America. Homeland Security starts at home.” He was talking about the National Guard.
Babeu said that only 520 guardsmen are deployed in Arizona, a state with a 276-mile border with Mexico and the state that has, according to the Department of Homeland Security, the greatest influx of illegal aliens. In 2010, approximately 212,000 illegal aliens were seized in the Tucson sector of Arizona – or 47 percent of all illegal aliens taken into custody.
- Obama Plans to Annex One-Third Of Iraq Using U.S. CIA al-Qaeda: To Launch Further Attacks Against Syria From Iraq Syrian Border.
“The gravest national security risk that we face is right here with the unsecure border with Mexico,” Babeu said. “Right from the beginning, these 1,200 [National Guard] soldiers fall far short from what’s really, truly needed to achieve a secure border.”
Babeu said that 6,000 troops should be deployed along the U.S.-Mexico border: 3,000 in Arizona and 1,000 in each of the three other border states for a two-year period.
- Delaware 2014 Supreme Court Nullifies Unconstitutional Gun Ban!
- U.S. Sheriffs Rise Up Against Federal Government: Sheriff Threatens Feds With SWAT Team ~ Grass Roots Take Charge!
The Peaceful DMZ, border between North and South Korea.
Babeu also said it was “tremendous” to have received the Sheriff of the Year award, which he said he accepted on behalf of the 700 men and women who work with him, the citizens of Arizona and for the state. Babeu added that he believed the work law enforcement is doing in Arizona also played a role.
“I think it has everything to do with us standing up for America, standing up for the rule of law and not being shouted down by the president and his men trying to make like somehow we’re being un-American for enforcing the law and wanting a secure border,” Babeu said.
“It’s not about race, color or national origin,” Babeu said. “It’s about enforcing the law, Mr. President. That’s our job.”
The White House announced last week that it would extend the deployment for the 1,200 National Guard troops for three more months.
- U.S. Kuwait Fast & Furious In Progress: 20,000 U.S. M-16s Stolen from Unguarded Warehouse in Kuwait
- Arizona Sheriff Babeu: ATF, DOJ Accomplice to Murder – Holder Had Knowledge Of Project Gunrunner In 2009. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Arizona busts massive Mexican drug smuggling operation – Los Angeles Times (news.google.com)
- National Guard presence at border to be reduced (sfgate.com)
- Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu and 9 Other AZ Sheriffs’ Demand Answers From U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Obama Will Not Protect United States Borders, But He Will Raise Your Taxes ~ Compendium Of A Liar!
- Obama In The Name Of Austerity: Officially Shuts Down The United States’ Southern Border Air Defense System!
- Pelosi Reid Quiet: Hezbollah uses Mexican drug routes into U.S.