U.S. Presidential Election 2012
Where do the presidential candidates stand on the issues that matter to you? Issues such as controlling illegal immigration, government power grabs and secrecy, bailouts, and the repeal of Obamacare are important to the future of our nation.
The questions focus on the rule of law, government corruption, transparency, and accountability. You can view the entire questionnaire that was mailed to the candidates on December 9th, 2011 here.
Please take action and contact the candidates and encourage them to respond to the Judicial Watch Presidential Candidate Questionnaire.
Let them know the issues we are asking them about are important to you and important to America.
Below are the numbers and emails of the various presidential campaigns. Please start emailing and dialing!
Cong. Newt Gingrich
President Barack Obama
Cong. Ron Paul
Gov. Mitt Romney
Sen. Rick Santorum
INSTRUCTIONS: Please answer the following questions with a “Yes” or a “No.” However, feel free to expand on your answers so voters will have complete information about your positions. These questions cover a range of issues important to Judicial Watch’s 250,000 supporters. Judicial Watch will make your answers available to the public. Judicial Watch is non-partisan and does not endorse or oppose candidates for public office.
Please complete and return this questionnaire to the attention of Tom Fitton, President, Judicial Watch, 425 Third St., SW, Suite 800, Washington, DC, by December 15.
1. Will you change current policy and commit to require the U.S. Secret Service to disclose under the Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”) details about visits (to you or your administration) at the White House complex, Camp David, personal residences, and other locations? (Details would include the names of meeting attendees, the purpose of the visit, etc.)
2. Do you support a ban on federal funding for ACORN and its affiliated, allied and successor organizations?
3. Will you support a comprehensive Justice Department investigation into voter registration and other fraud and misconduct by ACORN and its allied and successor organizations?
4. Will you use the United States military to secure our nation’s border with Mexico?
5. Will you reverse current policy and direct the Federal Housing and Finance Administration to make available all Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac documents to the public under the Freedom of Information Act?
6. Will you end the practice of appointing so-called czars as White House advisors and special envoys in areas of policy already under the purview of Senate-confirmed cabinet and other agency officials?
7. Will you end the practice of using “prosecutorial discretion” or “administrative measures” to avoid apprehending and deporting illegal aliens who are unlawfully present in the United States?
8. Will you end federal court challenges against states, such as Arizona, Alabama, South Carolina, and Utah who have passed laws related to the enforcement of our nation’s immigration laws?
9. Will you direct your Attorney General (and your administration generally) to fully defend in court and strictly enforce the Defense of Marriage Act?
10. Will you commit to the appointment of experienced individuals to judgeships—without regard to race or sex—who reject an activist approach to applying the law and the U.S. Constitution?
11. Will you reject the use of presidential recess appointments to appoint individuals to positions requiring confirmation by the United States Senate?
12. Will you support extending the Freedom of Information Act to cover the U.S. Congress and the federal judiciary?
13. Will you support prohibiting states and other public entities from giving “in-state tuition” and other taxpayer-subsidized benefits to illegal aliens?
14. Will your administration seek legal or other appropriate enforcement actions against any state or local government with so-called “sanctuary policies” and other support for illegal aliens at odds with federal immigration laws?
15. Will you support legislation that would cut off or restrict federal funding to states or local governments that implement “sanctuary policies” at odds with federal immigration laws?
16. Will you commit to making the enforcement of bribery, extortion, and other federal public corruption laws a top priority for your administration?
17. Will you divest government investments in privately controlled corporations (e.g. Chrysler, GM, and AIG)
18. Will you prohibit the use of tax dollars to bail out or invest in banks and other corporations?
19. Will you support legislation to repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)?
20. Will you end federal (taxpayer-funded) loan guarantees to private sector corporations?
21. Will you prohibit government ownership/control of private sector corporations (e.g., Chrysler, GM, and AIG)?
22. Will you change current policies and require the Treasury Department and other federal agencies to make available all records relating to the U.S. Government’s ownership stakes in private corporations (e.g. Chrysler, GM, and AIG)?
- Rothschild’s 2009 Romney Presidential Dominos Set To Implode The United States: 400 Delegates To Vote Their Conscience! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Five “Devastating Secrets” (stargazer12.wordpress.com)
- GSA scandal just got a lot more interesting (americanthinker.com)
- ACLU Challenges PA Voter ID Law; Judicial Watch Seeks Information on Possible DOJ Involvement (breitbart.com)
- Lawsuit: Fed bailing out Europe (wnd.com)
- Judicial Watch Sues FBI, Justice Department for Records Detailing FBI Director Mueller’s Secret Meeting with Radical Islamic Organizations (counterjihadreport.com)
- Judicial Watch Sues Fed for Records Detailing U.S. Taxpayer Bailout of European Banks (johnmalcolm.me)
- Federal Court Finds Obama’s DOJ “Did Interfere” In Freeing of Racist New Black Panthers (itmakessenseblog.com)
- Judicial Watch’s ‘Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians’ for 2011: Executive Edition – Big Government (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Judicial Watch Sues Obama Administration Over Access to Mortgage Docs (theartofaccess.com)
- SPIN METER: Candidates use transparency as a club (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Judicial Watch: Sues Obama Administration for Records for California Solar Manufacturer (onemorecup.wordpress.com)
- Barack Obama Violates Federal Law – Funding Voter Fraud To Win 2012 Election? (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Former Sen candidate in Fla files suit to disqualify Obama from ballot (tampabay.com)
- Feds Sued Over Kagan’s Obamacare Role (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Protecting Banking Corruption By Turning The Justice & Military System Against The People: That Way They Will Not Be Accountable For Their Crimes! ~ Movie 1hr 49 min. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Judicial Watch Sues Obama Administration for Mortgage Lenders’ Documents (greenmountainscribes.wordpress.com)
- Weekend Reflections: U.S. Supreme Court Judges Can Be Removed From The Bench ~ The Case Of Elena Kagan (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Court Criticizes Obama DHS on Stealth Amnesty Document, FOIA Secrecy in Judicial Watch Suit (greenmountainscribes.wordpress.com)
- Just another Obama administration proven mistake! (americanage.wordpress.com)
- Activists sue DOE to get Fisker loan detais (content.usatoday.com)
- Dodd (d-conn) Hides Out In Ireland On A Real Estate Bonanza, That He Does Not Know How Much He Paid For! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Steve Deace Endorses the Candidate Judicial Watch Calls Corrupt (rightonpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Judicial Watch files suit for Moochelle’s Spain vacation records (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- New Records Obtained by Judicial Watch Show Obama White House Coordination with Department of Justice on Voting Rights Enforcement (genomega1.wordpress.com)
- U.S. Candidates Vetted By The People NOT By Corporate Media’s Paid Employees: GET INVOLVED ~ Candidate Questionnaire On Corruption! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- U.S. Judicial Watch Will Not Tolerate Denial Of Justice -> Once Again & Directly Questions Justice (sic) Elena Kagan About Obamacare Recusal. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Breaking > Judicial Watch Launches Nation Wide ~ “The 2012 Election Integrity Project” (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Larry Klayman, former Sen. candidate & Judicial Watch founder, goes birther in Florida (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- A Party Rots From the Head Down – Open Thread (wtpotus.wordpress.com)