Egypt’s state prosecutor says he has referred ousted President Mohammed Morsi for trial on charges of inciting the murder of protesters. The accusations relate to violence outside the presidential palace in Cairo last December when at least seven people were killed in clashes.
Fourteen other members of the Muslim Brotherhood are to stand trial on the same charges. Mr Morsi has been held at a secret location since he was deposed in July. He faces a number of charges but this case is his first referral for trial.
- 175,000,000 People Were Slaughtered By Their Own Governments In The 20th. Century: Molon Labe ~ Come & Take Them!
- How Did Your Senator Vote To Send 20 F-16′s Fighter Jets & 200 Abram Tanks To The Christian Crucifying Muslim Brotherhood Of Egypt?
- BACKFIRE: Ousted Obama Backed Muslim Brotherhood Of Egypt Was To Attack Syria: What The Media Isn’t Telling You About The U.S. Cabal’s Syrian Fomented War!
- Obama Takes A Hit: Egypt Strikes Back Twice As Hard ~ Court Jails 52 Political Muslim Brotherhood Regime Members ~ 11 Get Life Sentences
- Muslim Brotherhood Documents Could Put Barack Obama aka; Barry Soetoro In Prison.
Since he was ousted from power, the military-backed interim government has cracked down on Brotherhood supporters, who are demanding Mr Morsi’s reinstatement. Last month, hundreds of protesters died when security forces stormed pro-Morsi camps in the capital.
‘Palace’ case the state prosecutor referred the former president for trial late on Sunday, Egypt’s state media reported.
They said he would go on trial on charges of “incitement to murder and violence” in December 2012.
The date for the trial is yet to be announced.
The case relates to clashes outside the presidential palace in early December 2012.
- Damnable U.S. Senators Send Egypt Muslim Brotherhood 20 U.S. Taxpayer F-16 Fighter Jets & 200 Abrams Tanks: While They Crucify Our Christians! Senators Must Be Stopped!
Tens of thousands of demonstrators had rallied outside the building on the night of 4 December and the following day in protest at what they described as Mr Morsi’s illegal decrees giving him sweeping powers and also his drive to change the country’s constitution.
Military [Republican Guard] Tells Morsi To Go To Hell
On Sunday, state media said an investigation revealed that Mr Morsi had asked the Republican Guard and the minister in charge of police to break up the protesters’ sit-in, but they had refused to obey the order.
Mr Morsi’s aides are then alleged to have called their supporters to deal with the demonstrators. At least seven people died in the clashes and hundreds more were injured. Mr Morsi’s supporters say they were defending the palace after being attacked by opposition activists.
Among the other 14 suspects due to go on trial with the ousted president are leading figures in the Brotherhood’s political wing, Mohammed al-Beltagi and Essam El-Erian. Mr Morsi has previously been accused of the “premeditated murder of some prisoners, officers and soldiers” when he and several Muslim Brotherhood leaders were freed during a breakout at a Cairo prison in January 2011.
He is also alleged to have plotted attacks on jails in the uprising that overthrew President Hosni Mubarak and of conspiring with the Palestinian militant group Hamas.
Egyptian Citizens Tell Morsi To Go To Hell
- Obama’s Muslim Brotherhood Murdered More Than 11,000 Citizens In The Year 2012: And Obama/Feinstein Want To Violate Our Constitution And Disarm The United States!
- Egypt to try Morsi for inciting murder (thedailystar.net)
- Egypt Ex-President Morsi to Stand Trial for Inciting Murder (newsy.com)
- Egypt prosecutors charge Morsi with ‘incitement to murder’ (jurist.org)
- Egypt judges recommend dissolving the Brotherhood (arkansasonline.com)
- Egypt’s Interior Minister removes prison official (sfgate.com)
- 11 Egypt Muslim Brotherhood Members Sentenced To Life For Inciting Violence – 54 Others Get 5 Years (undergroundpoliticsdotorg.wordpress.com)
- Egypt police say 148 pro-Morsi protesters arrested in crackdown (dailystar.com.lb)
- Egypt sends Morsi to trial in third case (shortformblog.com)