WASHINGTON — The former top lawyer for the Army will be chief counsel for Republicans on the House committee investigating the 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Libya.
Retired Lt. Gen. Dana Chipman was judge advocate general for the Army from 2009-2013. Former Obama Appointee ‘Chipman’ Will Lead Benghazi Committee’s Legal Team
The special committee, led by Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-Spartanburg, is preparing for its first public hearing in September.
- “PREMATURE ELATION” ~ THE DECEPTION OF THE HOUSE BENGHAZI REPORT
- 700 MILITARY SPECIAL OPS TELL CONGRESS TO FORM SELECT COMMITTEE ON BENGHAZI ~ IOWS, DO YOUR JOB!
- U.S. CONGRESS AUTHORIZES LAWSUIT AGAINST OBAMA: EXECUTIVE ORDERS NOT A CONSTITUTIONAL EXECUTIVE INSTRUMENT.
- BENGHAZI SELECT COMMITTEE INVESTIGATION INTO OBAMA, CLINTON HIGH CRIMES & MISDEMEANORS IS A GO: TREY GOWDY WILL CHAIR BUT WATCH HIM WITH A JAUNDICE EYE!
- I DAY BEFORE BOSTON BOMB & TEXAS MISSILE ATTACK: CIA, BILL CLINTON, GEORGE BUSH JR., & BARACK OBAMA INDICTED BY U.S. CONGRESSIONAL “CONSTITUTIONAL TASK FORCE” FOR CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY!
After an extended period of quiet, the special committee for investigating the attacks in Benghazi may be readying for action.
Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C. announced Friday he has hired a retired three-star general to lead the panel’s legal team.
Lt. Gen. Dana K. Chipman was the senior military lawyer for the Army for four years as judge advocate general at the Pentagon, Gowdy’s office said. He retired last November after 33 years on active duty.
Gowdy lauded his new chief counsel as someone with character and integrity, along with solid legal credentials, saying Chipman has “dedicated his professional life to the apolitical service to our country and reached the highest levels of his profession.”
Gowdy added in a statement, “If you are serious about conducting a fair, thorough, fact-centric investigation devoid of gratuitous partisanship, it stands to reason you would select someone with those same characteristics to lead the investigation.”
Chipman testified on the issue of sexual assault in the military before the Senate Armed Services Committee in June 2013.
The Air Force Times first reported the hire, and noted that ranking Democrat Elijah E. Cummings of Maryland will hire his own staff for the minority side. Cummings’ office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Republicans formed the committee to investigate the Sept. 11, 2012, attacks on the consulate in Benghazi, Libya, earlier this year, but have little to show for the effort. Democrats considered protesting what they called a political sideshow given the number of investigations already conducted, but ultimately named five panel members.
As CQ Roll Call reported in July, only about half of the expected 30 hires had been made because of security clearance backlogs. Republicans provided $3.3 million for the 12-member Benghazi committee to spend by the end of the year, more than the budgets of at least two House standing committees. The panel can keep working in 2015 with a renewed budget.
The committee plans to hold a first public hearing in September.
- OBAMA’S BRIBES & BOMBS: THE BENGHAZI COVER-UP
- BENGHAZI FALSE FLAG BY HILLARY & FEINSTEIN’S CIA.
- BENGHAZI:*** WHAT YOU’RE NOT BEING TOLD*** [SCG NEWS] [VIDEO]
- BREAKING => BENGHAZI WHISTLEBLOWER JUSTICE: THE ANSWER TO 2013 IS 1776!
- OBAMA: DIVERT, DISTRACT, DECEIVE ~ WHERE ARE THE 20 BENGHAZI SURVIVORS?
- FOX NEWS: JOHN BOEHNER PROTECTING OBAMA BY PURPOSELY SUPPRESSING ANYTHING ABOUT BENGHAZI.
- ISSA ~ HILLARY CLINTON INVOLVED IN BENGHAZI MURDER COVER UP!: HOW OBAMA & HILLARY LEFT AMERICANS TO DIE: HILLARY ACCEPTS CULPABILITY!
- FROM THE BENGHAZI MURDERS TO THE CONNECTICUT MURDERS: THE LONE NUT SCENARIO OF OBAMA’S CIA MK-ULTRA PROGRAM, OPERATION GLADIO: WHO REALLY KILLED THE CONNECTICUT CHILDREN?
- ROTHSCHILD UNDERLING HILLARY CLINTON FEINS ILLNESS IN AN ATTEMPT TO AVOID PROSECUTION FOR STEVENS MURDER IN BENGHAZI.: TACTICS WERE ALSO USED BY JESSE JACKSON JR. & MAFIA CRIME BOSS VINCENT GIGANTE TO AVOID PROSECUTION!