It is truly a revolutionary time in the fight against GMOs and Monsanto. Following the enormous success of an article entitled Hungary Destroys All Monsanto GMO Corn Fields receiving over 80,000 shares, we awarded Monsanto with the Worst Company of 2011 award. After releasing the article to over 5,500 mainstream publications nationwide, it wasn’t long before top mainstream media outlets began hosting the article that openly discusses the many ways in which Monsanto is threatening your health as well as the environment.
Some of the mainstream publications that hosted the release include Reuters, Yahoo, and CNBC. Yahoo alone is the 4th largest website worldwide according to Alexa, and receives a whopping 67,604,000 visitors per day. The fact that these publications are hosting such powerful content means that readers worldwide are learning about the actions of Monsanto and the overall effects of genetically modified ingredients. At the time of writing, typing “Monsanto Declared Worst Company of 2011 by Naturalsociety” generates around 2,000 results — many of which are mainstream reports on the release that were released as recently as 2PM EST yesterday (December 6, 2011).
The world is truly beginning to realize the dangers of GMOs, as well as the environment implications of Monsanto’s actions. This is truly evident when you view the entirety of the press release that was hosted on hundreds of mainstream websites: by Natural Society
Biotech Giant Voted Worst Company of 2011 for Threatening Health, Environment
Monsanto, a major biotech corporation responsible for genetically modifying many staple foods, has been given the Worst Company of 2011 Award for threatening both human health and the environment. The award was given by natural health information website NaturalSociety after thousands of readers voted Monsanto the worst company of 2011.
Numerous scientific studies have found Monsanto’s GMO crops, herbicides, and biopesticides to be a danger to the planet. A review of 19 studies announced that consumption of GMO corn or soybeans may lead to significant organ disruptions in rats and mice – particularly in the liver and kidneys. The researchers also mentioned that GMO soybean and corn varieties contribute to “83% of the commercialized GMOs” that you may currently be consuming if you purchase conventional produce. Monsanto’s best-selling herbicide Roundup has also been found to create superweeds that are heavily resistant to herbicides, which are estimated to now consume over 120 million hectares worldwide.
The award is intended to bring awareness to these environmental issues, which are continually being recognized by nations worldwide. Hungary , Peru , and France are among the countries who have spoken out against Monsanto and GMO crops alike. Hungary recently destroyed 1,000 acres of maize found to have been grown with genetically modified seeds, according to Hungary deputy state secretary of the Ministry of Rural Development Lajos Bognar. Peru has also instituted a 10-year ban on genetically modified ingredients, after a recent test conducted by the Peruvian Association of Consumers and Users (ASPEC) found that 77 percent of supermarket products tested contained GM contaminants.
“Considering the fact that Monsanto’s global GMO push has threatened environmental and human health alike, I think NaturalSociety labeling them Worst Company of 2011 is very suiting,” said Sayer Ji, President of GreenMedInfo.com.
NaturalSociety is a natural health resource with thousands of free content pages, techniques, and information on natural solutions that are both effective and backed by science.
If you’d like more information about this topic, or to schedule an interview with NaturalSociety, please email Contact@NaturalSociety.com
- Monsanto Declared Worst Company of 2011
- Merck vs Monsanto | Fighting for the Worst Company Award
- Anti-Monsanto Articles Surpasses 80,000 Facebook Shares, Among Most Shared in 2011
- Sacramento Bee Deletes Viral Anti-Monsanto Article Without Warning
- Hungary Destroys All Monsanto GMO Corn Fields
- Monsanto PR Firm Reportedly ‘Ended’ by Anonymous
- Mariel Hemingway’s Anti-GMO Film Project: ‘Stop Monsanto’ (blogher.com)
- Occupy Monsanto to Gain Support for Proposition 37 in Davis, Ca (indybay.org)
- Will Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin Support Deadly Monsanto Or The 90% Of Vermont People Who Want Monsanto Organisms Labeled? (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Fight GMOs With Occupy Monsanto (eatdrinkbetter.com)
- Pre-Emptive Strike By Piece Of Shit Republican Jack Kingston To Federally Promote & Protect A Deadly Killer On July 23rd: Monsanto Ushered Into Our Food Chain By Corrupt Politicians! Take State Action! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- 6 New GMO Crops that May Soon Hit Your Dinner Table (activistpost.com)
- Monsanto Spends $4 Million to Sabotage California GMO Labeling Initiative (dprogram.net)
- Monsanto’s Top 7 Lies About GMO Labeling and Proposition 37 (naturalsociety.com)
- Health & Toxins – Re: Monsanto GMO’s “Old Man Santo Had a Farm” (disclose.tv)
- Over 60 Occupy Monsanto Actions Planned for the Week of Sept 17th (indybay.org)
- Monsanto Worst Company of 2011 (usapartisan.com)
- Mitt Romney Is CFR’s Door To De-Population: Fascists Leaders Obama USA & Harper Canada ~ Streamlines Population Control With Monsanto Genetically Modified Plant Seeds Which Is Linked To Organ Failure. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Organ damage linked to GMOs (gogreennation.org)
- Monsanto Admittedly Influences Colorado GMO Ban, Launches Phony ‘GMO Co-Existence’ Protests (usapartisan.com)
- Take Action: USDA To Let Monsanto Decide Whether GMOs Pose Environmental Risks (thegoodhuman.com)
- Where the GMOs Grow (gogreennation.org)
- Keep Monsanto’s Pesticide-Ridden GMO Sweet Corn Off Your Dinner Plate (truefoodnow.org)
- GMO Crops Continually Banned Around the World in Display of Health Freedom. (thetruthiswhere.wordpress.com)
- Anonymous Strikes against Monsanto P.R. Firm (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- Activist Post: GMO Crops Continually Banned Around the World in Display of Health Freedom (2012indyinfo.com)