If passed, an amendment in the Agricultural Appropriations Bill will not just allow, but require the secretary of agriculture to grant permits for planting or cultivating GM crops – even if a federal court has given an injunction against it.
Contact This Seditious Sleeper Cell In Georgia! Congressman Jack Kingston – First District of Georgia
Basically, all Monsanto and other biotech companies have to do is ask and the industry gets its way. Issues like crop contamination, damage to farmers or consumers, courts orders or USDA studies all go out the window and the biotech industry cashes in.
Organizations like Food Democracy Now are in a panic, calling all to petition against the bill, which they say“fundamentally undermines the concept of judicial review and would strip judges of their constitutional mandate to protect consumer rights and the environment, while opening up the floodgates for the planting of new untested genetically engineered crops, endangering farmers, consumers and the environment.”
- Will Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin Support Monsanto Fascism Or The 90% Of Vermont People Who Want Monsanto Organisms Labeled?
Representative Peter DeFazio has been trying to push through an amendment that would kill the havoc-wreaking rider. He has the support of organizations like Organic Consumers Associations, Center for Food Safety and others. Their warnings have been circulating the web, gathering attention and support – but will they be enough to sway the House?
“Ceding broad and unprecedented powers to industry, the rider poses a direct threat to the authority of US courts, jettisons the US Department of Agriculture‘s (USDA) established oversight powers on key agriculture issues and puts the nation’s farmers and food supply at risk, “ claimed the Center for Food Safety in a recent statement.
- Killer Cults: Obama USA & Harper Canada ~ Deregulates International Borders For Streamlining Monsanto GMO Foods That Are Linked To Organ Failure.
But how has such a rider even made it on to the Agricultural Appropriations Bill? According to Tom Philpot of Mother Jones, agricultural sub-committee chair Jack Kingston is responsible for inserting this pro-industry provision, which, many argue, has nothing to do with agricultural appropriations. Interestingly enough, Kingston was also voted “legislator of the year for 2011-2012″ by none other than the Biotechnology Industry Organization, whose members include Monsanto and DuPont.
- Vatican Refuses Socialist Pressure To Support Monsanto Genetically Modified Foods: Pope benedict XVI Condemned GMOs As A Scheme To Serve And To Enrich Multinational Corporations.
The media is speculating that the House of Representatives will vote on the bill on July 23rd, after allegedly delaying the issue twice earlier this month. But one thing is certain – if passed, this one line in a 90-page document will mean Frankenfood for consumers, losses for farmers and huge profits for biotech companies that don’t appear to care much for anything else.
WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT IT?
what do we do about it? Jefferson told us that a “nullification of the act…is the rightful remedy.”
Madison went a similar direction – and said that the states are “duty bound to interpose…to arrest the progress of evil”
What does that mean?
Well, we’re not supposed to wait for the Federal government to correct itself. We’re not supposed to wait two or four or six years for some new bums to fix things for us. We’re not supposed to wait years for the politically connected lawyers on the Supreme Court to give us permission to be free. We’re supposed to exercise our rights whether the government wants us to our not.
So what IS nullification?
Nullification begins with a decision made by you that a particular law is unconstitutional. Then, in most situations, your state legislature would be pressured into resisting that particular law. This step usually involves a bill, which is passed by both states houses and is signed by your governor. In some cases, it might be approved by the voters of your state directly, in a referendum. It may change your state’s statutory law or it might even amend your state constitution. It is a refusal on the part of your state government to cooperate with, or enforce any federal law it deems to be unconstitutional.
At its very core, nullification is any action or set of actions which results in a Federal law being rendered null and void or just plain unenforceable.
Dow’s pesticide Dursban was banned for home use, but continues to be sprayed on our food despite horrific health threats.
- Monsanto rider: New bill could make biotech companies immune to courts (rt.com)
- STOP BUYING ALL FEDERALLY LABELED FOOD PRODUCTS ==>The Federal Usurped Government Has NO Constitutional Authority Labeling Food: It Is Sedition To Bring Bernie Sander’s “STATE” Hype Bill S.3240 Before Congress!
- Nation Of Hungary Destroys All Deadly Monsanto GMO Corn Fields: While Obama ‘Streamlines And Harmonizes’ Monsanto GMOs Into America With Canada.
- Poland Announces Nation Wide Ban On Monsanto’s Genetically Modified Corn: Causes Organ Damage!
- 16 Reasons Why Mitt Romney Would Be A Really, Really Bad President, If After He Can Validate Eligibility By The U.S. Constitution!!
- Organic Farmers File Appeal Against Monsanto (osgata.org)
- Monsanto’s Leading Soldier in the War on Raw Milk
- Monsanto Protection Act? : Are Biotech Companies About to Gain Immunity from Federal Law? (sott.net)
- Breaking: Monsanto Forced Out of UK by Activists (pakalertpress.com)
- Pre-Emptive Strike By Piece Of Shit Republican Jack Kingston To Federally Promote & Protect A Deadly Killer On July 23rd: Monsanto Ushered Into Our Food Chain By Corrupt Politicians! Take State Action! (politicalvelcraft.org)