After experiencing the traumatizing death of her daughter to kidney failure just three days after her daughter was born, Sofia Gatica from Argentina became determined to find out what killed her daughter. Her conclusion? Monsanto’s genetically modified soy fields that surrounded her neighborhood, laced with damaging insecticides negatively affecting nearby neighborhood children and adults alike.
Gatica began to detail how her small town was plagued with astronomically high birth defect rates, respiratory disease, and even infant mortality. From this point, the courageous mother decided to take on Monsanto.
Amazingly, she is not alone in her struggle against the biotechnology colossus when it comes to causing birth problems, as a large group of farmers — also from Argentina — have launched a lawsuit against Monsanto for causing ‘devastating birth defects‘ in children. Gatica was initially alone, however, when she first began her uphill battle.
Forming a group of concerned mothers in her local area of Ituzaingó after hosting an event at her home to discuss her experiences, the mother would be one of the very few who has actually beat Monsanto.
After sharing her story with local mothers who were also concerned for the safety of their children and families as a whole, Gatica co-founded the Mothers of Ituzaingó — an action group of 16 mothers collaborating to end Monsanto’s rampant chemical usage. The team took to the streets, going door to door to create what was the first epidemiological study of the area, only to discover that the effects of Monsanto’s concoctions were dramatically affecting many families in the town of Ituzaingó.
With cancer rates 41 times the national average, something had to be done.
As a result of the serious campaign to eradicate Monsanto, the mothers were rewarded. Argentina’s Supreme Court not only banned chemical spraying near populated areas, but demanded that the government, as well as soy manufacturers, now prove that these chemicals are safe.
Sofia Gatica is now being honored for her great environmental work with the Goldman Environmental prize, a major environmental award given to activists. The story shows just how serious activism can take down most any threat — even Monsanto.
Monsanto (Death Corps)
[Psychopathic doesn’t quite cover it, Satanic is the word. Monsanto is a main player in the ‘depopulation‘ poisoning agenda via Agent Orange, GM foods (over 166,304 farmers in India have taken their lives since 1997 1), rBGH Milk, & attempts at a seed monopoly. Paul Stitt blew the ‘feed the world’ bullshit with his research for a food giant, years ago. The Agent Orange manufactured by Monsanto contained 2,3,7,8-tetrachlordibenzo-para-dioxin (TCDD), extremely deadly even when measured against other dioxins. The levels found in domestic 2,4,5-T were around 0.05 ppm, that shipped to Vietnam peaked at 50 ppm, ie 1,000 times higher than the norm.]
- Woman Receives Anonymous Threats after Opposing Monsanto
- Merck vs Monsanto | Fighting for the Worst Company Award
- Explosive: Monsanto ‘Knowingly Poisoned Workers’ Causing Devastating Birth Defects
- Children Feeding from Mother are Better Behaved
- Street Riots Form in Response to Monsanto Intrusion into Nepal
Amazing Disgrace – Monsanto Up To Its Old Dirty Tricks Again
– Approved Genetically Modified Corn by Monsanto Now Linked to Organ Damage
– Are You Eating, Drinking and Breathing Monsanto’s New Agent Orange?
– Aspartame – Un Dulce y Mortal Engaño – Main File
– Consolidation of Seed Companies Leading to Corporate Domination of World Food Supply
– Dow and Monsanto Team Up on The Mother of All Herbicide Marketing Plans
– Farmers Sue Again USDA Over Monsanto Alfalfa
– France Takes Stand Against GMOs-Monsanto Despite End of Ban
– Genetically Modified Democracy
– Genéticamente Modificados por Monsanto – ¿Por Qué No?
– GM Frankenfood Allergies Commentary
– India Says Monsanto Covertly, Illegally Conducted GM Corn Trials Without Approval
– India Slams Monsanto With Unprecedented ‘Biopiracy’ Charges
– Is Monsanto’s GM Cattle Drug Dead?
– Is There Any Hope for A Non-Genetically Modified Future in America or Africa?
– La Via Campesina Denounces Gates Foundation Purchase of Monsanto Company Shares
– Machines of War – Blackwater, Monsanto, and Bill Gates
– Máquinas de Guerra – Blackwater, Monsanto y Bill Gates
– Monsanto – Been There, Done That
– Monsanto, Big Pharma, and The FDA Used Key Players to Approve rBGH – Case Study in Corporatocracy
– Monsanto Declared Worst Company of 2011
– Monsanto Hid Decades of Pollution PCBs Drenched Alabama Town – But No One Was Ever Told
– Monsanto in Gates’ Clothing? – The Emperor’s New GMOs
– Monsanto Nation – Exposing Monsanto’s Minions
– Monsanto Nation – Taking Down Goliath
– Monsanto Preys on Popularity of Omega-3s by Developing GMO Soybean That Produces Fake Fish Oil
– Monsanto’s 5 Most Dubious Contributions to The Planet
– Monsanto’s Baby – S 510 – The 2009 Food ‘Safety’ Bills Harmonize Agribusiness Practices in Service of Corporate Global Gov…
– Monsanto’s Dream Bill, HR 875
– Monsanto Shareholder Meeting Infiltrated by Activist
– Monsanto’s Infertility-Linked Roundup Found in All Urine Samples Tested
– Monsanto’s Roundup Altering The Physical Shape of Amphibians
– Monsanto’s Roundup is Causing DNA Damage – Glyphosate Toxic to Mouth Cells and Damages DNA – I-SIS Report
– Monsanto’s Roundup Threatens Stability of Global Food Supply
– Monsanto’s Roundup Triggers Over 40 Plant Diseases and Endangers Human and Animal Health
– Monsanto – The Evil Corporation in Your Refrigerator
– Monsanto – The ‘Mother’ of Agricultural Biotechnology
– Monsanto – The World’s Poster Child for Corporate Manipulation and Deceit
– Monsanto Trying to Take Over World Seed Supply, Nation by Nation
– Monsanto Wants to Start Testing GM Wheat
– Preparing for Worldwide Genetic Control – Monsanto India – GM Foods, Crops
– Percy Schmeiser vs Monsanto – Canadian Farmer’s Fight to Defend The Rights of Farmers and of Seeds – Democracy Now!
– ¿Quién es Monsanto? – Temas Que Queman
– Roundup and Birth Defects – Is The Public Being Kept in The Dark?
– Roundup Birth Defects – Regulators Knew World’s Best-Selling Herbicide Causes Problems, New Report Finds
– Sobre Fumigaciones y Otros Milagros Políticos de Monsanto
– The Amazing Revolving Door – Monsanto, FDA & EPA
– The Politics of Genetic Modified Alfalfa Explained – What The Heck Happened?
– The Secret History of Monsanto – Agent Orange and The mutilation of Innocent Vietnamese
– The World’s Largest Human Experiment – Monsanto’s Glyphosate-Based Roundup Herbicide
– Toxic Artificial Sweetener ‘Neotame’ May Be Lurking in Your Organic Food
– U.S. to Start ‘Trade Wars’ With Nations Opposed to Monsanto and GMO Crops – Leaked Information
– War Over Monsanto Gets Ugly – Birth Defects, Superweeds and The Science of Intimidation
– Why Is Damning New Evidence About Monsanto’s Most Widely Used Herbicide Being Silenced?
– Why Is The State Department Using Our Money to Pimp for Monsanto?
– Why Monsanto Always Wins – The ‘Politics’ of The U.S. Department of Agriculture
– WikiLeaks Cable Reveals U.S. Conspired to Retaliate Against European Nations If They Resisted GMOs
– WikiLeaks Cables Reveal U.S. Sought to Retaliate Against Europe Over Refusing to Allow Monsanto GM Crops
– WikiLeaks – U.S. Ambassador Planned “Retaliation” Against France Over Ban on Monsanto Corn
– A Lack of ‘Freedom of Information‘
– Astounding Corporate Ties of “Humanitarian” USAID With Monsanto in Nepal
– Bill Gates, Monsanto, and Eugenics – How One of The World’s Wealthiest Men is Actively Promoting a Corporate Takeover of Global…
– Blamed for Bee Collapse, Monsanto Buys Leading Bee Research Firm
– Brazilian Commission Speed Up Approval of GM Crops and Hasten The Release of GMO Beans
– Controversy – UPI Story About Monsanto’s UK Bust Removed From Mainstream News
– Did Monsanto Really Buy Blackwater (Xe)? – Setting The Record Straight
– Fears Grow as Study Shows Genetically Modified Crops Can Cause Liver and Kidney Damage
– Former Monsanto VP Attaining Top Position at The FDA – Sign The Petition to Stop It
– Genetically Modified Democracy
– Genetically Modified (GM) Foods and Dr. Arpad Pusztai
– GMOs Failing Across America – “Farmer to Farmer” Film Reveals Disastrous Failure
– Investor Report Reveals That Monsanto Is Going Down The Tubes – Monsanto Investors Face Catastrophic Risk
– Jeremy Scahill on Blackwater’s Secret Relationship With Big Business – Democracy Now!
– La Amenaza de Los Transgénicos
– Maine Farmer Heads Group Challenging Genetics Giant Monsanto
– Monsanto & Genetic Engineering – Risks for Investors Report
– Monsanto Company Organization
– Monsanto Family Were Jewish Slave Dealers And Owners
– Monsanto Investor Bill Gates Says GMO Crops Needed to Fight Starvation
– Monsanto’s Man in The Obama Administration – The Return of Michael Taylor
– Monsanto vs. Schmeiser – A Landmark Decision concerning Farmer Liability and Transgenic Contamination
– New Chapter Supplement Company Bought by Monsanto – Linked Proctor & Gamble
– Poland Joins Ranks of Grassroots Anti-Monsanto Activism
– S. 510 – Private Gardens To Be Illegal
– Seeds of Destruction – A Review of ‘Seeds of Destruction – The Hidden Agenda of Genetic Manipulation’ by F.William Engdahl
– Semillas de Destrucción – La Agenda Oculta de Manipulación Genética
– The Death of Frankenfoods – Nailing the Coffin Shut
– The Long Term Effects of Genetically Modified Food on Humans – GMO Scandal
– The Many Reasons to Avoid Genetically Modified Foods
– We Don’t Need Genetically Engineered Food, Just Biodiverse Farms – Don’t Buy The False Promise of Industrial…
– White House Refuses to Release Email From Monsanto-Linked Lobbyist
– White House Refuses to Reveal Ties With Monsanto
– White House, U.S. Courts and EPA Shaft Veterans to Protect Monsanto
– World Bank Nominee Tied to Monsanto Shareholder Bill Gates and Soros
– Inside The FDA – The Business and Politics Behind the Drugs We Take and the Food We Eat – by Fran Hawthorne
– Seeds of Deception – Exposing Industry and Government Lies About Safety of Genetically Engineered Foods – by J.M. Smith
– David Icke – Monsanto and Aspartame
– David versus Monsanto – Percy Schmeiser
– Farmer to Farmer – The Truth About GM Crops
– FOX News Whistle Blowers – UNBELIEVABLE!!!
– Jeremy Scahill on Blackwater’s Secret Relationship With Big Business
– Monsanto and Cancer Milk – FOX NEWS KILLS STORY & FIRES Reporters
– Monsanto’s Ties to Big Government
– Occupy Activist Addresses Monsanto Shareholders’ Assembly
– Percy Schmeiser vs Monsanto – The Story of a Canadian Farmer’s Fight to Defend The Rights of Farmers and The Future of Seeds
– The Future of Food and Seed – Vandana Shiva
– The Genetic Conspiracy – About Monsanto
– The World According to Monsanto – A Documentary That Americans Won’t Ever See
– Transgénicos – La Nueva Bioesclavitud
– Everything You Never Wanted to Know About Monsanto’s Modus Operandi (M.O.)
– Depopulation of Planet Earth – Main File
– Ponerology – The Science of Evil – Main File
- Mariel Hemingway’s Anti-GMO Film Project: ‘Stop Monsanto’ (blogher.com)
- Occupy Monsanto to Gain Support for Proposition 37 in Davis, Ca (indybay.org)
- Pre-Emptive Strike By Piece Of Shit Republican Jack Kingston To Federally Promote & Protect A Deadly Killer On July 23rd: Monsanto Ushered Into Our Food Chain By Corrupt Politicians! Take State Action! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Fight GMOs With Occupy Monsanto (eatdrinkbetter.com)
- Over 60 Occupy Monsanto Actions Planned for the Week of Sept 17th (indybay.org)
- Monsanto’s GMO Nightmare is out of control with both the blessing and the backing of the US Government (familysurvivalprotocol.com)
- Breaking: Monsanto Forced Out of UK by Activists (pakalertpress.com)
- Argentinian Study Finds Roundup Ingredient Causes Birth Defects (naturalsociety.com)
- Monsanto Spends $4 Million to Sabotage California GMO Labeling Initiative (dprogram.net)
- Woman Receives Anonymous Threats after Opposing Monsanto (activistpost.com)
- The mother who stood up to Monsanto in Argentina (grist.org)
- Mother Stands up to Monsanto (eatdrinkbetter.com)
- Breaking: Monsanto Found Guilty Of Chemical Poisoning in France! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Monsanto products to avoid and Boycott Monsanto products to wear, use (foodfreedomgroup.com)
- Monsanto’s Corruption Exposed (yourdailyinsight.wordpress.com)
- Monsanto sued for poisoning farmers (usapartisan.com)
- Argentine Goldman Prize Winner Overcame Baby’s Poisoning and Death Threats (newamericamedia.org)
- Crossroads News – Events in our changing world and our place in it – Tuesday April 24th, 2012 (familysurvivalprotocol.wordpress.com)
- Explosive: Monsanto ‘Knowingly Poisoned Workers’ Causing Devastating Birth Defects (habwwe.wordpress.com)