After experiencing the traumatizing death of her daughter to kidney failure just three days after her daughter was born, Sofia Gatica from Argentina became determined to find out what killed her daughter. Her conclusion? Monsanto’s genetically modified soy fields that surrounded her neighborhood, laced with damaging insecticides negatively affecting nearby neighborhood children and adults alike.
Gatica began to detail how her small town was plagued with astronomically high birth defect rates, respiratory disease, and even infant mortality. From this point, the courageous mother decided to take on Monsanto.
Amazingly, she is not alone in her struggle against the biotechnology colossus when it comes to causing birth problems, as a large group of farmers — also from Argentina — have launched a lawsuit against Monsanto for causing ‘devastating birth defects‘ in children. Gatica was initially alone, however, when she first began her uphill battle.
Forming a group of concerned mothers in her local area of Ituzaingó after hosting an event at her home to discuss her experiences, the mother would be one of the very few who has actually beat Monsanto.
After sharing her story with local mothers who were also concerned for the safety of their children and families as a whole, Gatica co-founded the Mothers of Ituzaingó — an action group of 16 mothers collaborating to end Monsanto’s rampant chemical usage. The team took to the streets, going door to door to create what was the first epidemiological study of the area, only to discover that the effects of Monsanto’s concoctions were dramatically affecting many families in the town of Ituzaingó.
With cancer rates 41 times the national average, something had to be done.
As a result of the serious campaign to eradicate Monsanto, the mothers were rewarded. Argentina’s Supreme Court not only banned chemical spraying near populated areas, but demanded that the government, as well as soy manufacturers, now prove that these chemicals are safe.
Sofia Gatica is now being honored for her great environmental work with the Goldman Environmental prize, a major environmental award given to activists. The story shows just how serious activism can take down most any threat — even Monsanto.
Monsanto (Death Corps)
[Psychopathic doesn’t quite cover it, Satanic is the word. Monsanto is a main player in the ‘depopulation‘ poisoning agenda via Agent Orange, GM foods (over 166,304 farmers in India have taken their lives since 1997 1), rBGH Milk, & attempts at a seed monopoly. Paul Stitt blew the ‘feed the world’ bullshit with his research for a food giant, years ago. The Agent Orange manufactured by Monsanto contained 2,3,7,8-tetrachlordibenzo-para-dioxin (TCDD), extremely deadly even when measured against other dioxins. The levels found in domestic 2,4,5-T were around 0.05 ppm, that shipped to Vietnam peaked at 50 ppm, ie 1,000 times higher than the norm.]
- Woman Receives Anonymous Threats after Opposing Monsanto
- Merck vs Monsanto | Fighting for the Worst Company Award
- Explosive: Monsanto ‘Knowingly Poisoned Workers’ Causing Devastating Birth Defects
- Children Feeding from Mother are Better Behaved
- Street Riots Form in Response to Monsanto Intrusion into Nepal
– Aspartame – Un Dulce y Mortal Engaño – Main File
– Genéticamente Modificados por Monsanto – ¿Por Qué No?
– Monsanto, Big Pharma, and The FDA Used Key Players to Approve rBGH – Case Study in Corporatocracy
– Monsanto Hid Decades of Pollution PCBs Drenched Alabama Town – But No One Was Ever Told
– Monsanto in Gates’ Clothing? – The Emperor’s New GMOs
– Monsanto’s Baby – S 510 – The 2009 Food ‘Safety’ Bills Harmonize Agribusiness Practices in Service of Corporate Global Gov…
– Monsanto’s Roundup is Causing DNA Damage – Glyphosate Toxic to Mouth Cells and Damages DNA – I-SIS Report
– Preparing for Worldwide Genetic Control – Monsanto India – GM Foods, Crops
– Percy Schmeiser vs Monsanto – Canadian Farmer’s Fight to Defend The Rights of Farmers and of Seeds – Democracy Now!
– ¿Quién es Monsanto? – Temas Que Queman
– Roundup and Birth Defects – Is The Public Being Kept in The Dark?
– Roundup Birth Defects – Regulators Knew World’s Best-Selling Herbicide Causes Problems, New Report Finds
– The Politics of Genetic Modified Alfalfa Explained – What The Heck Happened?
– The Secret History of Monsanto – Agent Orange and The mutilation of Innocent Vietnamese
– The World’s Largest Human Experiment – Monsanto’s Glyphosate-Based Roundup Herbicide
– U.S. to Start ‘Trade Wars’ With Nations Opposed to Monsanto and GMO Crops – Leaked Information
– War Over Monsanto Gets Ugly – Birth Defects, Superweeds and The Science of Intimidation
– Why Monsanto Always Wins – The ‘Politics’ of The U.S. Department of Agriculture
– Bill Gates, Monsanto, and Eugenics – How One of The World’s Wealthiest Men is Actively Promoting a Corporate Takeover of Global…
– Did Monsanto Really Buy Blackwater (Xe)? – Setting The Record Straight
– Former Monsanto VP Attaining Top Position at The FDA – Sign The Petition to Stop It
– GMOs Failing Across America – “Farmer to Farmer” Film Reveals Disastrous Failure
– Investor Report Reveals That Monsanto Is Going Down The Tubes – Monsanto Investors Face Catastrophic Risk
– Jeremy Scahill on Blackwater’s Secret Relationship With Big Business – Democracy Now!
– Monsanto & Genetic Engineering – Risks for Investors Report
– Monsanto’s Man in The Obama Administration – The Return of Michael Taylor
– Monsanto vs. Schmeiser – A Landmark Decision concerning Farmer Liability and Transgenic Contamination
– New Chapter Supplement Company Bought by Monsanto – Linked Proctor & Gamble
– Seeds of Destruction – A Review of ‘Seeds of Destruction – The Hidden Agenda of Genetic Manipulation’ by F.William Engdahl
– Semillas de Destrucción – La Agenda Oculta de Manipulación Genética
– The Death of Frankenfoods – Nailing the Coffin Shut
– The Long Term Effects of Genetically Modified Food on Humans – GMO Scandal
– We Don’t Need Genetically Engineered Food, Just Biodiverse Farms – Don’t Buy The False Promise of Industrial…
– Inside The FDA – The Business and Politics Behind the Drugs We Take and the Food We Eat – by Fran Hawthorne
– Seeds of Deception – Exposing Industry and Government Lies About Safety of Genetically Engineered Foods – by J.M. Smith
– David versus Monsanto – Percy Schmeiser
– FOX News Whistle Blowers – UNBELIEVABLE!!!
– Monsanto and Cancer Milk – FOX NEWS KILLS STORY & FIRES Reporters
– Percy Schmeiser vs Monsanto – The Story of a Canadian Farmer’s Fight to Defend The Rights of Farmers and The Future of Seeds
– The Future of Food and Seed – Vandana Shiva
– The Genetic Conspiracy – About Monsanto
– The World According to Monsanto – A Documentary That Americans Won’t Ever See
– Depopulation of Planet Earth – Main File
– Ponerology – The Science of Evil – Main File
- Mariel Hemingway’s Anti-GMO Film Project: ‘Stop Monsanto’ (blogher.com)
- Occupy Monsanto to Gain Support for Proposition 37 in Davis, Ca (indybay.org)
- Pre-Emptive Strike By Piece Of Shit Republican Jack Kingston To Federally Promote & Protect A Deadly Killer On July 23rd: Monsanto Ushered Into Our Food Chain By Corrupt Politicians! Take State Action! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Fight GMOs With Occupy Monsanto (eatdrinkbetter.com)
- Over 60 Occupy Monsanto Actions Planned for the Week of Sept 17th (indybay.org)
- Monsanto’s GMO Nightmare is out of control with both the blessing and the backing of the US Government (familysurvivalprotocol.com)
- Breaking: Monsanto Forced Out of UK by Activists (pakalertpress.com)
- Argentinian Study Finds Roundup Ingredient Causes Birth Defects (naturalsociety.com)
- Monsanto Spends $4 Million to Sabotage California GMO Labeling Initiative (dprogram.net)
- Woman Receives Anonymous Threats after Opposing Monsanto (activistpost.com)
- The mother who stood up to Monsanto in Argentina (grist.org)
- Mother Stands up to Monsanto (eatdrinkbetter.com)
- Breaking: Monsanto Found Guilty Of Chemical Poisoning in France! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Monsanto products to avoid and Boycott Monsanto products to wear, use (foodfreedomgroup.com)
- Monsanto’s Corruption Exposed (yourdailyinsight.wordpress.com)
- Monsanto sued for poisoning farmers (usapartisan.com)
- Argentine Goldman Prize Winner Overcame Baby’s Poisoning and Death Threats (newamericamedia.org)
- Crossroads News – Events in our changing world and our place in it – Tuesday April 24th, 2012 (familysurvivalprotocol.wordpress.com)
- Explosive: Monsanto ‘Knowingly Poisoned Workers’ Causing Devastating Birth Defects (habwwe.wordpress.com)