President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are entering negotiations over — or seeking ratification of — five treaties that could radically limit our national sovereignty and the reach of our democratic institutions.
Particularly scary is that the treaties, once signed and ratified, have the same status as constitutional law and cannot be altered or eclipsed by Congress or state legislatures. And their provisions must be enforced by U.S. courts.
The preceding paragraph could not be further from the truth.
Even if the Senate advises, consents, concurs, and ratifies:
NO TREATY CAN EVER CONTRAVENE THE U.S. CONSTITUTION.
Article VI, paragraph 2 commands that if and when all requirements for a treaty are met — that is,
a) it does not contradict the Constitution;
b) it is negotiated by the President who has sworn to not violate, and who in fact is not violating the Constitution; and
c) it is ratified by two thirds of the State-defending-Senators who have sworn to not violate, and who do not by their vote violate the Constitution — then, and only then, may the treaty in question go into full force and effect for the Union and for all of the individual States in the Union.
A treaty may not do or exceed, what the Congress is charged to do or what it is forbidden to do. Constitutional authority supersedes, overrules, and precludes any contrary treaty authority.
Bill Morris Continues:
Those who wish to preserve our sovereignty and democratic control over our future must rally to block these treaties, either by pressing Obama and Clinton not to sign them or by blocking their ratification.
â€¢ International Criminal Court — Clinton has reversed George W. Bush’s policy and entered into negotiations over U.S. participation in the court. Specifically, the leftists who are sponsoring the court wish to create a new crime of “aggression,” which is essentially going to war without the approval of the United Nations. If we submit to the court’s jurisdiction, our presidents and Cabinet officials could be prosecuted criminally for going to war without U.N. approval. This would, of course, give Russia and China a veto over our military actions. Clinton says she will stop our military’s hands from being tied, but we all must realize that once we accept the International Criminal Court, we go down a slippery slope. The court could even prosecute Americans who have been cleared by our own judicial system.
â€¢ The Law of the Sea Treaty (LOST) has been signed, and the Obama administration — with the aid of RINO Sen. Richard Lugar (Ind.) — will push for its ratification as soon as Lugar’s primary in Indiana is over this year. LOST requires that the United States pay an international body half of its royalties from offshore drilling. The body would then distribute the funds as it sees fit to whichever nations it chooses. The United States would only have one vote out of 160 regarding where the money goes. LOST will also oblige us to hand over our offshore drilling technology to any nation that wants it … for free.
â€¢ Small-arms control — Clinton is about to negotiate on a global ban on export of small arms. It would only apply to private citizens but, of course, most small-arms deals come not from individuals or private firms but from governments, specifically those of the United States, Russia, China and Israel. The treaty would require each nation to adopt measures to stop exportation of small arms. It is easy to see how this could be a backdoor way to require national registration of all guns and to assert federal regulation over firearms. It would also require the registration of all ammunition to track its source once a gun is fired. The Second Amendment be damned!
- Senator Moran & 44 More Senators Tell Obama Administration – Second Amendment Rights Not Negotiable! No Hillary Gun Treaty Scheme For The U.S.A.
â€¢ Outer Space Code of Conduct — Under the guise of stopping debris from accumulating in outer space, the European Union has enlisted Clinton in negotiations over a code of conduct. The code would prohibit activities that are likely to generate debris in outer space — space littering. The code might inhibit or prohibit the United States from deploying anti-missile missiles on platforms in space, denying us the key weapon we need to counter Iranian, Chinese and North Korean missile threats. European leftists reacted angrily when G.W. Bush opted out of the ABM treaty banning defensive weapons. Now they seek to reimpose it under the guise of a code of conduct.
â€¢ Rights of the Child — Even more fanciful is a treaty Clinton plans to negotiate setting forth a code of rights for children, to be administered by a 14-member court set up for the purpose. The draft treaty obliges rich nations to provide funds for shelter, food, clothing and education for children in poor nations. This provision could create grounds to litigate to challenge the level of foreign aid we give as inadequate to meet our treaty obligations. Already, leftists in the United Kingdom are using the treaty to attack welfare cuts by the Cameron government.
European liberalism is advancing — masked — by way of these treaties. Defenders of liberty must say no!
We are told at every turn that “treaties supersede the Constitution of The[se] States United” — nugatory. Here is what Article VI, paragraph 2 actually stipulates on the issue: “…all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution [of any State] or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding. [Emphasis added.]“
The Preamble to the U.S. Constitution declares: “We the People of the United States…do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”
The Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union of 1777 had proven so inadequate and imperfect in their ten year life that they were supplanted in 1787 by the Constitution “in Order to form a more perfect Union.”
Whereas the Declaration of Independence of July 4, 1776 is the Charter of These States United, disclosing and proclaiming its purpose and reason for being, the U.S. Constitution of September 17, 1787 is the ByLaws laid down by the States detailing the day-to-day operation assigned to the Union and setting it in motion. The States, the creators of the Union, gave no authority to the central government via the U.S. Constitution for a treaty to be consummated with a foreign nation (1) that would empower treaty functions that they did not allow the U.S. government to have, or (2) that would obligate this Union and its States to do something that is contrary to the U.S. Constitution, or (3) that would transfer functions and activities assigned to the Union to any agency outside of the Union. That’s elemental, prima facie, self-evident. So, at the outset, to even entertain the idea that treaties supersede the Constitution is specious.
By Article II, Section 1, paragraph 7, the President is required to swear he will: “…preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.”
Article VI, paragraph 3 requires all Federal and State officers to also swear:”…to support this [U.S.] Constitution…”
Article I, Section 10, paragraph 1 declares: “No State shall enter into any Treaty…”
All civil magistrates are bound by oath to abide by the U.S. Constitution, and nowhere in the U.S. Constitution is any authority given for these United States to be subject to and bound by any earthly piece of paper that abrogates or is alien to the Constitution of the United States. As a matter of fact, Article VI, paragraph 2, the latter half of which is quoted at the outset above, in its first half, says only three (3) pronouncements are “the supreme Law of the Land”:
(1) “THIS [the U.S.] Constitution,” (2) “the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof” (i.e., as permitted by, in conformity with, and to implement this Constitution), and (3) “all treaties made….under the Authority of the United States” (“under” designates that treaties are not over, not above, and not even equal to the authority of the United States granted to it by the States via the U.S. Constitution – but remain under, inferior to its jurisdiction).
A treaty may not do or exceed what the Congress is charged to do or what it is forbidden to do. Constitutional authority supersedes, overrules, and precludes any contrary treaty authority.
Thus, if a proposed treaty would violate any provision of the Constitution, it may not even be seriously considered or debated, much less be ratified and implemented because the same restrictions that were placed by the Constitution on the U.S. Federal government are also imposed on any treaty provision.
Treaty embroilment is so dangerous and so important, that to further limit and restrict their making, Article II, Section 2, Paragraph 2 orders that the President: “…shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; [Emphasis added.]“
This provision accomplishes two things: 1) it prohibits the President alone to commit the United States to an agreement with other nations (the Senate must advise, consent, concur, and ratify). And 2), why is the Senate singled out, and not the House of Representatives, or both Houses? Because the Senate is the branch of the Congress whose Senators’ constituencies are not “my people back home,” but “my State government back home.”(1)
Before the destabilizing Seventeenth Amendment was deceptively promoted and irrationally ratified in 1913, each State Legislature appointed its Senators. A Senator is sent to Washington to uphold, defend, represent, and guard the retained rights, jurisdiction, and interests of his individual State. If a proposed treaty would adversely effect the States, their Senators are to protect their respective States by not consenting/ratifying.
Treaties are potentially so threatening to the sovereignty of the individual States and the Union of These States that two thirds of the Senators are required to be convinced that the treaty under consideration does not contravene the U.S. Constitution and/or adversely impact on the retained functions and interests of the States before they consent/ratify.
In 1789, the States directly ratified the Constitution — as per Article VII. Since then, the States through their representatives (their Senators) must also ratify any treaty — Article II, Section 2, paragraph 2 — for the same reason, namely, that the creators (the States) must have the final say.
There is a pecking order: God made People, People made States, States made the Union. Therefore, the Union is beholden to the States, the States are beholden to the People, and all three are beholden to God.
Further, Article VI, paragraph 2 quoted above commands that if and when all of the above requirements for a treaty are met — that is, a) it does not contradict the Constitution; b) it is negotiated by the President who has sworn to not violate, and who in fact is not violating the Constitution; and c) it is ratified by two thirds of the State-defending-Senators who have sworn to not violate, and who do not by their vote violate the Constitution — then, and only then, may the treaty in question go into full force and effect for the Union and for all of the individual States in the Union. This latter consequence is the reason for Article VI, paragraph 2 to conclude:
“…and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the [not "this"] Constitution [ of any State] or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding. [Emphasis added.]“
So, the Judges in each State must obey a bona fide treaty, even if the treaty is contrary to that state’s Constitution or contrary to any law of that state.
Thus, a properly/legally concluded U.S. treaty overrules any STATE law and any STATE Constitution, but a properly/legally framed U.S. treaty does not, may not, can not, and is forbidden to overrule the U.S. Constitution or abrogate the Sovereignty of the United States. If it does, it is not bona fide. It is a usurpation. It is not “under the Authority of the United States” to make such a treaty.
Ergo, treaties (“made, or which shall be made”) that violate the U.S. Constitution by subjugating the United States to an outside power ARE PROHIBITED, of no effect, and thus, null and void.
For a Senator to violate his sworn oath is perjury, a felony, an impeachable offense.
Since treaties are compacts between/among ” the powers of the earth” of “separate and equal station” as stipulated in the Declaration of Independence, treaties may not be consummated with other than sovereign nations.
Consequently, for at least these two reasons — 1) because the U.S. Senate in 1945 ratified the United Nations (UN) Charter as a treaty and the UN is not a sovereign nation, and 2) because membership in the UN makes the U.S. inferior to the UN — U.S. “membership” in the United Nations is unconstitutional, FORBIDDEN, and thus declared null and void. Ditto for the World Court and the nebulous entanglements of the New World Order.
Thomas Jefferson was clear on this point: “If the treaty power is unlimited, then we don’t have a Constitution. Surely the President and the Senate cannot do by treaty what the whole government is interdicted from doing in any way.” Alexander Hamilton agreed: “a treaty cannot be made which alters the Constitution of the country or which infringes any express exceptions to the power of the Constitution of the United States.”(2)
In spite of all of the obvious above, some people doggedly insist that “treaties supersede the Constitution” because they want treaties to supersede the Constitution so they can escape the chains of the Constitution! And they plan and scheme relentlessly toward achieving that end. Some even boast of having made an end run around the Constitution.
At its conception and inception, America was founded as a Constitutional Republic under the Rule of Law. In a Republic, law prevails until changed as per a stipulated process, even if a majority of, or 150 percent of the Congress, or 200 percent of the people vote otherwise. (Don’t giggle: LBJ was “elected” to Congress with 110 percent of all of the issued ballots in his Texas district “cast” for him!)
But, the U.S. has been traitorously transformed into a socialist (tyrannic) democracy by and of lawless men. Thus, the stipulations and safeguards of the Constitution have been repeatedly circumvented, eroded, and nullified by majority rule.
The resultant tyranny and humiliation under which we now suffer will only continue and intensify until enough citizens read the Constitution, become cognizant that it is being continually violated, realize that freedom from despotism is a personal do-it-yourself project (“George” hasn’t and isn’t going to do it), and determine to get personally involved to return American to its Constitutional boundaries.
Let each of us accept that responsibility, determine to put the Constitution back into full force and effect, and get on with that patriotic job. If not us, who? If not now, when? The satisfaction that comes from doing what is right, though hard work, makes it fun. Join the enjoyment!
1. Caine C. The seventeenth amendment. Medical Sentinel 1996;2(1):32-33.
2. Thomas Jefferson quoted from his Manual of Parliamentary Practice and Alexander Hamilton from The Federalist Papers cited by Hoar WP. Treaties vs the constitution — which law is supreme. The New American 1995;11(7):55.
- What You Should Know About ACTA and Your Rights (readwriteweb.com)
- New Mexico Sheriffs Threaten To Arrest Obama Federal Agents If They Continue To Violate The U.S. Constitution. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- As ACTA Loses Support in Europe, Opponents Plan New Protests Around the World (ibtimes.com)
- Government Takeover of the Internet (stargazer12.wordpress.com)
- Rand Paul: Hillary commits to UN Small Arms Treaty !!! (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- Small Arms Treaty UN & Obama !!!! (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- United Nations Small Arms Treaty; pushed by Hillary Clinton (actualgrit.wordpress.com)
- Obama Poised to Betray America Through 4 UN Treaties (Video) (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Homeland Security Program: Violation Of The U.S. Constitution, First Used By The Nazi Germans! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Breaking => New Quo Warranto Eligibility Lawsuit Filed Against Obama In Washington, D.C. ~ Demands Return To ‘Rule Of Law’ Under The U.S. Constitution! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- New Mexico Sheriffs Threaten To Arrest Obama’s Federal Agents If They Continue To Violate The U.S. Constitution. (kajunman.wordpress.com)
- Alinsky Acolytes Obama and Clinton, pushing as far and as fast as they can.. (oforchristsakes.wordpress.com)
- Breaking => Legislation Introduced To Withhold United Nations Funding: Seditious U.N. Treaty By Hillary Clinton ~ Would Illegally Nullify U.S. Sovereignty & Constitutional Right To Have Firearms. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Judicial Watch’s ‘Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians’ for 2011: Executive Edition – Big Government (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Georgia Administrative Law Judge Malihi Says An Indiana Rule Is Above The U.S. Constitution: Malihi Abuses His Judicial Discretion By Feigning Presidential Eligibility For Obama! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Obama’s Sneaky Treatises Can Be Blocked By The States & The U.S. Courts If They Contravene The U.S. Constitution. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Barrack Obama Chronicled For Impeachment By The United States Constitution! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Arizona Senate Protecting The U.S. Constitution: Affirms State Sovereignty Over Obama’s General Government (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Quo Warranto Eligibility Lawsuit Filed In Washington, D.C. ~ Demands Return To U.S. Constitution’s ‘Rule Of Law’: (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Senator Moran & 44 More Senators Tell Obama Administration – Second Amendment Rights Not Negotiable! No Hillary Gun Treaty Scheme For The U.S.A. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Ballot Access Challenge Filed Against Obama in State of Illinois. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Prison Planet.com ” The Obama Administration: All Your Privacy And All Your Stuff Belong To Us (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama to Write New U.s. Constitution (weeklyworldnews.com)
- BREAKING => Two New States Massachusetts And Obama’s Very Own Illinois Challenge Barrack’s Official Ballot Eligibility. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Obama’s Sneaky Treatises Can Be Blocked By The States & The U.S. Courts If They Contravene The U.S. Constitution. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Why the President should be fired (genomega1.wordpress.com)
- UN Small Arms Treaty & Hillary Clinton ! (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- ACTA: The State of Play in the US (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)
- Obama Bullshitting America ~ U.N. To Dictate U.S. Military: Treatises Blocked By Sovereign States When They Contravene The U.S. Constitution. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- US Supreme Court: Citizens must be permitted to use handguns for self-defense: Treaties Do Not Supercede The Second Amendment! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Demystifying the Law: The U.S. Constitution (blogs.lawyers.com)
- The Law of the Sea Treaty Moving to Senate Committee – Ceding the Seas to the Marxist U.N. (independentsentinel.com)
- Obama’s Sneaky Treaties (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Look no further than Article VI of the U.S. Constitution to see why Dick Morris is wrong about the “Law Of The Sea Treaty (theconservativehillbilly.wordpress.com)
- Obama Again Shows Contempt for American Law, Oath of Office (americanclarion.com)
- Obama, Clinton Selling Out U.s. Sovereignty in Secret (zionistoutrage.com)
- Selling Out to the NWO (americanfreepress.net)