ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS GET RID OF OBAMA AND THE DEM/LIB MAJORITY IN THE SENATE.
NASA satellite data from the years 2000 through 2011 show the Earth’s atmosphere is allowing far more heat to be released into space than alarmist computer models have predicted, reports a new study in the peer-reviewed science journal Remote Sensing. The study indicates far less future global warming will occur than United Nations computer models have predicted, and supports prior studies indicating increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide trap far less heat than alarmists have claimed.
Study co-author Dr. Roy Spencer, a principal research scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville and U.S. Science Team Leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer flying on NASA’s Aqua satellite, reports that real-world data from NASA’s Terra satellite contradict multiple assumptions fed into alarmist computer models.
“The satellite observations suggest there is much more energy lost to space during and after warming than the climate models show,” Spencer said in a July 26 University of Alabama press release. “There is a huge discrepancy between the data and the forecasts that is especially big over the oceans.”
In addition to finding that far less heat is being trapped than alarmist computer models have predicted, the NASA satellite data show the atmosphere begins shedding heat into space long before United Nations computer models predicted.
The new findings are extremely important and should dramatically alter the global warming debate.
Scientists on all sides of the global warming debate are in general agreement about how much heat is being directly trapped by human emissions of carbon dioxide (the answer is “not much”).
However, the single most important issue in the global warming debate is whether carbon dioxide emissions will indirectly trap far more heat by causing large increases in atmospheric humidity and cirrus clouds.
Alarmist computer models assume human carbon dioxide emissions indirectly cause substantial increases in atmospheric humidity and cirrus clouds (each of which are very effective at trapping heat), but real-world data have long shown that carbon dioxide emissions are not causing as much atmospheric humidity and cirrus clouds as the alarmist computer models have predicted.
The new NASA Terra satellite data are consistent with long-term NOAA and NASA data indicating atmospheric humidity and cirrus clouds are not increasing in the manner predicted by alarmist computer models.
The Terra satellite data also support data collected by NASA’s ERBS satellite showing far more longwave radiation (and thus, heat) escaped into space between 1985 and 1999 than alarmist computer models had predicted.
Together, the NASA ERBS and Terra satellite data show that for 25 years and counting, carbon dioxide emissions have directly and indirectly trapped far less heat than alarmist computer models have predicted.
In short, the central premise of alarmist global warming theory is that carbon dioxide emissions should be directly and indirectly trapping a certain amount of heat in the earth’s atmosphere and preventing it from escaping into space.
Real-world measurements, however, show far less heat is being trapped in the earth’s atmosphere than the alarmist computer models predict, and far more heat is escaping into space than the alarmist computer models predict.
When objective NASA satellite data, reported in a peer-reviewed scientific journal, show a “huge discrepancy” between alarmist climate models and real-world facts, climate scientists, the media and our elected officials would be wise to take notice. Whether or not they do so will tell us a great deal about how honest the purveyors of global warming alarmism truly are.
- Supreme Court Denies United Nation’s Ploy To Teach Climate Warming As Real: First U.N. Must Prove Scientific Credibility Of Their Global Warming Claims By Means Of Legally Competent Evidence.
- Pope Benedict XVI & Archbishop Of Sydney Australia Condemn Global Warming Scheme: ‘Corruption And Illegality’ By Politicians And Businesses Rampant!
- Another RINO Is Born: New Jersey Governor Chris Christie: The Harm From His Global Warming Agenda ~ Can Wreak Untold Havoc To Our Society!
- Fascist Fear Monger Al Gore: Buys Multi $Million Dollar Mansion On California Coastline ~ That Is Destined To Be Engulfed By Melting Ice Caps!
- Devonian: Another player in natural gas boom (thedailyrecord.com)
- Marcellus Shale Exports Could Transform Global LNG Market (stateimpact.npr.org)
- An Energy Future for Pittsburgh and Israel (schnaderpittisrael.com)
- George Mitchell, Billionaire Behind Shale Boom, Dies at 94 (bloomberg.com)
- Chilean Energy Companies Eye Marcellus Shale Gas (stateimpact.npr.org)
- Klaber to Step Down from Marcellus Shale Coalition (stateimpact.npr.org)