The smashing victory of Republican Bob Turner in the special election for the Congressional seat held for decades by Chuck Schumer and Anthony Weiner sends a pointed warning to House Democrats who were formerly comfortable in their “safe” Democratic districts: No Democrat is safe!
The Proof Will Be In The Pudding!
Behind the incredible upset — this was the first time the district went Republican since it was created — lies the massive and growing animosity toward Obama by Jewish Democrats. This Administration’s deliberate insults against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, its sympathy with the radical Islamists, and its support for a return to 1967 borders for the Jewish State have cost it the support of its once second most loyal voting group (after African-Americans).
According to John McLaughlin, the star political strategist who helped pilot Turner to victor, the Republican candidate spent about $60,000 on media in the final week compared to over a million for the defeated Democrat Weprin. The Democrats flooded the district with workers and money but were not able to stem the avalanche.
Turnout among Latino and African-American voters was very low and the outpouring of Jewish and white Catholic voters against Obama’s candidate was truly impressive.
This victory for Republicans is, in its own way, as inspiring for conservatives and as deflating for liberals as the 2010 victory of Scott Brown in the Massachusetts Senate race. The message it sends is that Obama’s policies have made all liberals and all Democrats vulnerable even in the bastions of Democratic liberalism.
We’ve Been Bamboozled Before!
Scott Brown’s voting record, “SCOTT BROWN (R-MA) IS A TRAITOR”:
- The New START Treaty is dangerous and constrains our ability to protect our nation. The treaty gives Russia what they want, ensures America’s vulnerability, and fails to acknowledge Russia’s alliance with countries like Iran, China, North Korea and Venezuela. Scott Brown’s failure to fully research the national security implications of the treaty as well as the Shanghai Cooperation Organization before voting to ratify the treaty are inexcusable.
- Food Takeover – he voted Yes on S.510 which now gives the federal government fascist control of our food supply. Liberals and conservatives who researched this bill opposed it.
- Bank Takeover – he voted Yes on HR 4173 which gives the federal government fascist control of our financial system.
- Net Neutrality – he did not oppose the federal government’s fascist control of our Internet by signing the letter presented by 30 Republican Senators. Liberals and conservatives who researched Net Neutrality oppose it.
- Gay Marriage as a Constitutional Amendment – he voted Yes on S.2220 in 2007 despite all of the laws already enacted to grant gay couples the same, if not more opportunities and protections than straight couples. With only five State Senators supporting this in 2007, the bill failed to pass.
- $15 Billion Slush Fund – he voted Yes on HR 2847 which gave Obama another $15 Billion Stimulus for his special interest union pals. Under the guise of an infrastructure “Jobs Bill,” unemployment has risen since its passage on March 17, 2010 and Obama admitted publicly that there are no shovel ready jobs.
Obama Cuts $100 Billion For Higher Education, Low Income Students & Families: Feeling Bullied, Intimidated, Threatened, Cajoled, Browbeaten, Buffaloed, Hornswaggled, Seduced, Tricked, Duped, Bamboozled, Bribed, Blackmailed, Coerced Or Bought Off Yet?