September 3, 2009 – President Obama has set up a parallel government that serves him alone!
In response to this, Rep. Jack Kingston (R-GA) has introduced the Czar Accountability and Reform Act of 2009 (H.R. 3226). The bill is co-sponsored by Rep. John Boozman, (R-AR).
The legislation would bar the use of appropriation funds to pay either the expenses or salaries of members of task forces, councils or similar offices established by President Obama and headed by a person appointed inappropriately to such a post without the advice and consent of the U.S. Senate.
Rep. Kingston has repeatedly spoken out about the lack of accountability of all the czars that President Obama has appointed. These czars are not accountable to anyone but Obama – not Congress, Senate or Cabinet members.
The Constitution, Article II, Section 2 states that when the President picks key members of his administration, they must receive the advice and consent of the Senate. Not all presidential appointments need Senate consent. Perhaps the House and Senate should consider Section 4 of Article 2 in the next session.
There are a growing number of czars. At last count there were 37 czars and more appear to be added weekly.
Among these czars are:
- Self-admitted Communist and black nationalist Van Jones who is the “green jobs czar”
- Science czar John Holdren, who once floated the idea of forced abortions and mass sterilizations to control population growth
- Regulatory czar Cass Sunstein, who thinks animals should have the same rights as humans
- Health advisor Ezekiel Emanuel, who believes that the newly-born and elderly have less value than teenagers or young adults. Read: Entire Health Care Bill, H.R. 3200 Is THE ‘Death Panel’
- Gay czar Kevin Jennings is in charge of the Safe and Drug Free Schools office for President Obama
Not long ago, Glenn Beck had a list of 32 of these czars on his web site: Glenn Beck – List of Obama’s Czars. The number keeps changing as Obama continues to add more czars to control every aspect of our lives.