Mitt Romney continues to lead the New Hampshire Republican Presidential Preference Primary with 35%. Jumping into second place is Ron Paul with 21%. Newt Gingrich is now in third place with 16% and Jon Huntsman is in fourth place with 13%.
In April, support for Romney was at 32%. Romney was at 29% in June, 30% in September, and 33% in November.
Romney leads among registered Republicans with 44% (up from 36% in November), followed by Gingrich at 20% (down from 25% in November) and Paul at 15% (up from 8% in November). Among undeclared voters (independents), Paul now leads with 30% (up from 19% in November), followed by Huntsman at 25% (up from 14% in November), Romney at 22% (down from 26% in November), and Gingrich at 10% (down from 19% in November).
Romney leads for the first time among Tea Party supporters with 44% (see Tom Thomson‘s endorsement), followed by Paul at 19% and Gingrich at 17%. Among those likely voters saying they are not Tea Party supporters or that they are undecided about the Tea Party, Romney leads with 31%, followed by Paul at 22%, Huntsman at 18%, and Gingrich at 16%.
Paul supporters tend to be younger (age 25-44), undeclared (independent) voters who play back this “kooky” Paul television ad (older Paul supporters like the “Ron Paul Family Cookbook”). In this survey, these Paul voters say they are as likely to vote on January 10 as registered Republicans.
Details from the survey of 600 likely Republican primary voters conducted December 11-14 can be found here.
- Breaking: New York Times forecast of new Iowa poll: Paul 24 …
- Insider Advantage Iowa Poll: Paul 24%, Romney 18%, Perry 16 …
- Ron Paul speaking at Congressional Health Care Caucus
- Can Ron Paul Win New Hampshire?
- Article: Iowa surge triggers anger at RP supporters
- Ron Paul Beats out The Newt In New Hampshire (disclose.tv)
- Ron Paul Takes Swipes at Rivals on ‘The Tonight Show with Jay Leno’ by E.D. Kain (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- CNN: National Poll Now Shows Gingrich’s Lead Over Romney Has “Evaporated” and Ron Paul is Rising (themoderatevoice.com)
- New Poll: Ron Paul Leads In Iowa, Gingrich Imploding – Paul – 23% – Romney – 20% – Gingrich – 14% (destructionist.wordpress.com)
- Go Ron Paul! (horsesass.org)
- Ron Paul back on top in Iowa, new poll says (csmonitor.com)
- Public Policy Polling: Paul 23% Romney 20% Gingrich 14%! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Ron Paul Takes Lead In Iowa (zerohedge.com)