Abortion is called a woman’s health issue, with the right to abortion necessary to protect a woman’s life, in many instances, and physical well-being in many more. So what percentage of abortions are to save a mother’s life or to protect her health? Not very many, according to a British study of abortion in that country:
Pagans developed (gods) and sacrificed their children to idols like Baal.“Firstborn sons and daughters were offered by Carthaginian parents as living sacrifices in times of great calamities-war, famine, drought and plague.
On a moonlight night, ancient writers say, a priest placed a child mercifully killed moments earlier, on the outstretched arms of a statue of Baal. As the infant’s body rolled into a flaming pit-entering the company of the gods- flutes, tambourines, and lyres drowned out the parents’ cries.
Later the ashes and bones were collected in a small urn and placed with thousands of others in the sacrificial precinct, or tophet, of the goddess Tanit at Carthage… Archaeologists have found evidence of human sacrifice also in Sardina and Sicily.”
National Geographic Magazine August 1974. P-166.
“Out of reverence for Kronos ( Baal), the Phoenicians, and especially the Carthaginians, whenever they seek to obtain some great favor, vow one of their children, burning it as a sacrifice to the deity, if they are especially eager to gain success…When the flames fall on the body, the limbs contract and the open mouth seems almost to be laughing, until the contracted body slips quietly into the brazier.”
Source: Dr. John Currid, Archaeologist 5422 Clinton Ave., Jackson, Ms. 39056
A report to Parliament has revealed abortions performed in the United Kingdom to save the life of the mother are a stunningly low 0.006 percent of procedures.
David Alton, who for 18 years was a member of the House of Commons, wrote, “When the case for allowing legal abortion was first placed before Parliament it was argued that the law needed to be changed to deal with extremely serious situations.
“More than six million abortions later the figures reveal that in 99.5 percent of the cases where an unborn child’s life is ended there is no risk to the health of the mother,” he said.
The details came in a response from Earl Howe, the parliamentary undersecretary of state in the nation’s Department of Health, to Parliament. He confirmed from 1968 through 2011, the last year for which details were available,there were 6.4 million abortions for women in England and Wales.
“Of these, 143 (0.006 percent) were performed under Section 1(4), i.e. where the termination is immediately necessary to save the life of the pregnant woman or to prevent grave permanent injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman,” he wrote.
He noted another 24,778 were done on the grounds that a continued pregnancy would involve more risk to the mother than if the unborn child were destroyed.
UPDATE: Thanks to Todd in the comments for doing the math: If there were 143 abortions to save the life of the mother out of 6.4 million, that would only be 0.002% of the total number of abortions, an even smaller figure than 0.006%, which would come to 384. Whichever is the correct number, the percentage is miniscule.
- How many abortions are for the health of the mother? (geneveith.com)
- The Homosexual Classrooms Act is an Assault on the Constitution and Christianity(oneway2day.wordpress.com)
- 28 Principles Of The Founding Fathers: Freedom, Peace, & Prosperity.(politicalvelcraft.org)
- Letters: On religion and America, Britain and Europe, Canada, “free cities”, Martin Luther (economist.com)
- Weekend Reflections: 28 Principles Of The Founding Fathers ~ Freedom, Peace, & Prosperity. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- 26 Percent Of Americans Don’t Know U.S. Declared Independence From Great Britain: The Lies Of Rothschild’s New World Order (politicalvelcraft.org)
- The Foundation of Freedom (ddbarton48.wordpress.com)
- South Carolina Republicans have lost their minds and are losing their souls(therightofthepeople.wordpress.com)
- Conservative group: Parents, keep your kids home on Harvey Milk Day(usnews.msnbc.msn.com)