In a previous post (Why GOP leadership doesn’t ring true) I alluded to Former GOP Majority Leader Dick Armey’s infamous boasting about how “When I wasRepublican leader, I saw to it that Tom Tancredo could not get on a stage because I saw how destructive he was.” Armey called Tancredo destructive because of his strong stand for border security, and his support for stemming the tide of illegal immigration.
In today’s Featured Link Congressman Tancredo thoroughly refutes Armey’s slur, including his charge that seeking to secure the nation’s borders will cost the GOP the Hispanic vote. As Tancredo rightly points out, “All the evidence says just the opposite is true, but hey, the truth is not as sexy and won’t make headlines.”
Of course, since border security is essential to the defense of the United States the question arises: If GOP leaders like Dick Armey are willing to sacrifice the nation’s security to win votes from Hispanic extremistswho don’t care about it; don’t they deserve to lose the support of all the patrioticAmericans who do?
EVERYONE HAS COURAGE WHEN DRUNK ON THEIR ASS! BUFFOON MAX BAUCUS!
The GOP lost control of the Congress in 2006 precisely because, on issues vital to America’s survival (like budget discipline, border security and enforcement of our immigration laws) voters in the party’s support base revolted against the GOP’s cynical willingness to sacrifice the nation’s vital interests in their heedless ambition to get Republicans re-elected.
But when Dick Armey flaunts his successful practice of repression he reveals to all what some of us have known from repeated experience for a long time: just like the Obama Democrats, GOP leaders arrogantly subvert the constitutional sovereignty of the people in order to hold on to political power. Here’s the thinking that leads to this conclusion.
Armey says he abused his position as Majority leader to repress Tom Tancredo’s views because Tancredo was “destructive.” But can someone be destructive if they have no impact? If what they say is simply goofy and ridiculous, won’t audiences simply laugh them off the stage?
Obviously, Armey took pains to repress Tancredo’s voice because Tancredo spoke to and for the majority of Americans who want America’s borders defended, and the laws regulating immigration enforced. When Armey, and GOP leaders like him, act against outspoken leaders like Tom Tancredo, they do so in order to deprive the majority of a voice.
Without a voice, they cannot express their political will. If they cannot express their will, it cannot be heard and or carried out. If it is not heard and carried out, the American people are effectively deposed from the position of political authority they are supposed to exercise as citizens of a constitutional republic. (Q.E.D.)
As I write these words, GOP leaders in the Congress are decrying the open assault on constitutional self-government the Obama faction has launched in order to ram the government takeover of health care down the throats of an outraged majority of the American people. But the Obama faction’s repression of their opponents on this issue is simply the legislative counterpart of the repression GOP leaders like Armey boastfully perpetrate against their opponents on issues like border security and immigration.
The GOP leaders seek to deprive the people of leaders who express their will. The Democrats seek to shield from scrutiny the leaders who vote to betray their will. In either case, what they actually repress is the sovereignty of the American people. And what they really aim to secure is a form of government in which the people can no longer act with authority because they have been deprived of the voices needed to express their will, or the accountability needed to enforce it come election time.
As I indicated in my previous posting, my firsthand experience amply verifies the commitment to political repression evident in Dick Armey’s prideful boasting. In my experience, however, the ultimate target of repression is the view, expressed in America’s founding creed, that the people’s right to government based upon the consent of the governed is grounded in the sovereignty of the Creator God.
The elite subversives who control both political parties practice repression on particular issues in order to deprive the people of their sovereign right of self-government. But they repress voices that remind people of its foundational principle (i.e., the existence and authority of God) in order to assault and break the good faith of their hearts. Without that they will surely lose the courage to assert and defend their God-given right. This is why we must above all bear witness to its truth, as long as there is hope that anyone will hear us. And there is always hope, for God is listening.
1. The American people oppose Obamacare by three to one in the latest polls. Other polls show lopsided opposition to passing either the Senate or House health care bill.
Public opinion is against the bill because of its obscene costs in higher taxes, burdensome debt, anti-freedom mandates, rationing and reduced care for seniors. The American people have awakened to the fact that Obamacare is transformational legislation that will drag us against popular will into European-style socialism.
2. The Democrats’ double-counting of Obamacare’s financial benefits has been exposed as a colossal lie. Harry Reid told the Senate that his bill strengthens our future by both “cutting our towering national deficit by as much as $1.3 trillion over the next 20 years” AND “strengthening Medicare and extending its life by nearly a decade.”
The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) refuted that assertion. CBO said the claim that Obamacare would provide these benefits simultaneously “would essentially double-count a large share of those savings and thus overstate the improvement in the government’s fiscal position.”
3. Obamacare is unconstitutional because of its mandate that all individuals must carry “approved” health insurance and all businesses must give health insurance to their employees whether or not the company can afford it. “Universal” coverage will be enforced by the Internal Revenue Service with power to punish those who don’t have such a plan.
Constitutional lawyers point out that the Commerce Clause does not give Congress the authority to force Americans to buy health insurance as a condition of living in our country because personal health insurance is not “commerce.” The CBO wrote that “a mandate requiring all individuals to purchase health insurance would be an unprecedented form of federal action”; the Supreme Court has never upheld any requirement that an individual must participate in economic activity.
4. Since the Senate bill imposes sharp limits on health-insurance companies’ ability to raise fees or exclude coverage, it likely will force many of them out of business. Obamacare is unconstitutional because it violates the Bill of Rights protections against takings without just compensation and deprivation of property without due process of law.
5. Other Obamacare provisions blatantly legislate racial and other forms of discrimination. The U.S. Commission on Civil Rights sent two letters to the president and congressional leaders warning about the obnoxious requirements for racist and sexist quotas.
The Senate bill requires that “priority” for federal grants be given to institutions offering “preferential” admissions to minorities (race, national origin, sex, sexual orientation and religion). Institutions training social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, behavioral pediatricians, psychiatric nurses and counselors will be ineligible for federal grants unless they enroll “individuals and groups from different racial, ethnic, cultural, geographic, religious, linguistic and class backgrounds, and different genders and sexual orientations.”
6. Obama’s claim that “everybody” will now be covered creates few winners but lots of losers. Universal health insurance will be achieved by forcing young people to pay the additional costs (insurance for the youngest third of the population would rise by 35 percent), and by restricting and rationing care for the elderly.
7. According to Robert Samuelson in The Washington Post, the “wild card is immigration.” From 1999 to 2008, 60 percent of the increase in the uninsured occurred among Hispanics, and Obama’s refusal to close our borders will make this problem more costly every year.
8. Obamacare gives Medicare bureaucrats the power to ration health care by forcing doctors to prescribe cheaper medical devices and drugs. In the recent case of Hays v. Sebelius, the court ruled that Medicare doesn’t have the right to make this rule, but Obamacare takes jurisdiction away from the courts to hear any appeal from decisions of the new Medicare Commission.
The “stick” applied to primary-care doctors is imposing financial penalties if they refer too many patients to specialists. The “carrot” is financial rewards to doctors who give up small practices and consolidate into larger medical groups or become salaried employees of hospitals or other large institutions.
9. The Senate bill contains at least a dozen of what can be described as bribes. Sen. Mary Landrieu received a $300 million increase in Medicaid funding for her state (known as the Second Louisiana Purchase), and a $100 million bribe to Sen. Ben Nelson gives Nebraska a permanent exemption from the costs of Medicaid expansion.
10. The Senate bill even has a four-page section artfully written to enable ACORN to get federal health care grants. This section describes grant recipients as “community and consumer-focused nonprofit groups” having “existing relationships … with uninsured and underinsured consumers.”
- Tom Tancredo Announces His Support Of Legalizing Marijuana (denver.cbslocal.com)
- First Colorado, now Missouri: GOP urges it own candidate to get out of the race (blogs.denverpost.com)
- Elizabeth Warren Offers Support For Medical Marijuana, Citing Father’s Battle With Cancer (huffingtonpost.com)
- Staunch Conservative Tom Tancredo Comes Out In Favor Of Legal Marijuana (mediaite.com)
- Rothschild’s 2009 Romney Presidential Dominos Set To Implode The United States: 400 Delegates To Vote Their Conscience! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Dick Armey: Barack Obama ‘biggest threat’ to liberty in our lifetime (itmakessenseblog.com)
- State Sen. Shawn Mitchell comes out in favor of ballot measure legalizing pot (blogs.denverpost.com)
- “John Roberts says impeach Obama now” (johnmalcolm.me)