MSNBC debating whether or not Barack Obama should be on Mount Rushmore is like a bunch of fat kids debating whether or not to eat cake. Just dispense with the formalities and start carving already.
Torre is not willing to put Obama on Mount Rushmore until he is done with his “fundamental transformation” of America, including gun control, immigration reform and gay rights. Torre is willing to get Clinton into the mix, though, “another great American president.”
Abby Huntsman, host and producer of HuffPost Live, agreed with Torre in general that it takes time to know how Obama’s policies will affect Americans in the future (spoiler alert: not good). Huntsman was also willing to bring Reagan back up in the conversation, along with Ike Eisenhower. But it seems like the premise that conservatives want Reagan on Mount Rushmore is a bit of a stretch, however.
- Press Release ~ Obama’s Forged IDs To Be Heard By The U.S. Supreme Court: This Then By The Man Who Said Obamacare Was Legal ~ Don’t Hold Your Breath On This One!
- Obama’s Secrets And Lies Of The Bailouts: Tarp Ceiling Was Secretly Raised 117 Times ~ RollingStone
- Obama’s Muslim Brotherhood Murdered More Than 11,000 Citizens In The Year 2012: And Obama/Feinstein Want To Violate Our Constitution And Disarm The United States!
MSNBC host Al Sharpton went off on his typically ignorant tangent by questioning if Teddy Roosevelt’s policies affected the country for the better. Maybe he’s never heard of the Panama Canal, the national park service, and if you’re a “progressive,” trust-busting legislation?
In any event, it’s not clear that President Obama would want to be on Mount Rushmore. It’s possible he would prefer instead to be on a monument all by himself, such as a tribute to the nation’s first black president.
- Obama is chiselling himself a space on Mount Rushmore (crikey.com.au)
- Chisel Obama into Rushmore, Says National Journal Writer (nationalreview.com)
- Mount Rushmore mascots heading to New York City (rapidcityjournal.com)