People frequently ask why we are so dedicated to our cause? This book answers that question by collecting the key facts and arguments in one place.
People have asked us to present the whole JPFO argument in one place. We have done it. Available now in an easy-reading format and a handy size, the new book is entitled Death by Gun Control: The Human Cost of Victim Disarmament.
The message is simple: Disarmed people are neither free nor safe – they become the criminals’ prey and the tyrants’ playthings. When the civilians are defenseless and their government goes bad, however, thousands and millions of innocents die.
Professor R.J. Rummel, author of the monumental book Death by Government, said: “Concentrated political power is the most dangerous thing on earth.” For power to concentrate and become dangerous, the citizens must be disarmed.
What disarms the citizens? The idea of “gun control.” It’s the idea that only the government has the right to possess firearms, and that citizens have no unalienable right to use force to defend against aggression.
Death by Gun Control carefully examines the “gun control” idea: its meaning, its purposes, its effects. It comes in many forms, but in every form it enables the evildoers and works against righteous defense.
The Mother of All Stats
The Human Cost of “Gun Control” Ideas
Government Dates ~ Targets ~ Civilians Killed.
“Gun Control” Laws & Features of Over-all “Gun Control” scheme.
The starting date of the genocide is conventionally held to be April 24, 1915, the day when Ottoman authorities arrested some 250 Armenian intellectuals and community leaders in Constantinople. Thereafter, the Ottoman military uprooted Armenians from their homes and forced them to march for hundreds of miles, depriving them of food and water, to the desert of what is now Syria. wikipedia
1915-1917 Armenians (mostly Christians) 1-1.5 million
Art. 166, Pen. Code, 1866 & 1911 Proclamation,
1915• Permits required •
Government list of owners •Ban on possession
1929-1945 Political opponents; farming communities 20 million
Resolutions, 1918 Decree, July 12, 1920 Art. 59 & 182, Pen. code, 1926•
Licensing of owners •Ban on possession •Severe penalties
1933-1945 Political opponents; Jews; Gypsies; critics; “examples” 20 million
Law on Firearms & Ammun., 1928
Weapon Law, March 18, 1938
Regulations against Jews, 1938•
Registration & Licensing •
Stricter handgun laws • Ban on possession
China, Nationalist 1927-1949
Political opponents; army conscripts; others 10 million
Art. 205, Crim. Code, 1914
Art. 186-87, Crim. Code,1935•
Government permit system
•Ban on private ownership
Political opponents; Rural populations Enemies of the state 20-35 million
Act of Feb. 20, 1951
Act of Oct. 22, 1957•
Prison or death to “counter-revolutionary criminals” and anyone resisting any government program
•Death penalty for supply guns to such “criminals”
Guatemala1960-1981 Mayans & other Indians; political enemies100,000- 200,000
Decree 36, Nov 25 • Act of 1932
Decree 386, 1947
Decree 283, 1964•
Register guns & owners • Licensing with high fees
•Prohibit carrying guns
•Bans on guns, sharp tools •
Christians Political enemies 300,000 Firearms Ordinance, 1955
Firearms Act, 1970• Register all guns & owners • Licenses for transactions
•Warrantless searches • Confiscation powers
Cambodia (Khmer Rouge)1975-1979
Educated Persons; Political enemies 2 million
Art. 322-328, Penal Code Royal Ordinance 55, 1938•
Licenses for guns, owners, ammunition & transactions •Photo ID with fingerprints • License inspected quarterly
Tutsi people 800,000 Decree-Law No. 12, 1979•
Register guns, owners, ammunition •Owners must justify need •
Concealable guns illegal •Confiscating powers
Addition – For easier chart printing, download the Genocide Chart PDF file, which has just a text synopsis of this page included.
When the gun prohibitionists quote a statistic about how many people are killed by firearms misuse, the discussion sometimes bogs down into whose crime stats to believe and how to count crimes vs. the defensive firearm uses.
Death by Gun Control works on a level that nobody can dispute: documented world history.
In the 20th Century:
- Governments murdered four times as many civilians as were killed in all the international and domestic wars combined.
- Governments murdered millions more people than were killed by common criminals.
- How could governments kill so many people?
- The governments had the power – and the people, the victims, were unable to resist.
- The victims were unarmed.
Truth They Cannot Refute
Death by Gun Control delivers the essential – and gut wrenching — truth that the anti-self defense “gun control” advocates never try to refute. They simply cannot refute the facts or the formula.
Here’s the Formula: Hatred + Government + Disarmed Civilians = Genocide
What makes the argument so powerful?
- First, it makes common sense: unarmed defenseless people have no hope against armed aggressors.
- Second, it states the historical truth: evil governments did wipe out 170,000,000 innocent non-military lives in the 20th Century alone.
Using the facts in Death by Gun Control, you can take down the enemies of the Bill of Rights.
The rights-destroyers have no answers to these facts. They have no excuses for their killer ideas.
JPFO’s work has already borne fruit. John R. Bolton, an under-Secretary of State for the United States, this year urged the United Nations to recognize how an “oppressed non-state group defending itself from a genocidal government” will need ready access to firearms.
Mr. Bolton might have been the first U.S. official in modern history to have argued to the UN that private citizens must be armed against their own killer governments.
Paul Harvey, the world-renowned and much admired radio commentator, reportedly broadcast the JPFO-produced facts linking “gun control” to the genocide of millions of unarmed civilians. Country by country, Mr. Harvey counted the murdered victims of civilian disarmament policies.
Our new book teach about:
- The essential meaning of “gun control”
- The Genocide Formula
- The laws and policies that led to mega murder in Cambodia, China, Nazi Germany, Guatemala, Rwanda, Ottoman Turkey, Uganda, USSR
- Zimbabwe’s land invasions and firearms confiscations
- Soaring crime in Britain after gun prohibition
- Violence and police state polices in Japan
- The right and duty of armed self-defense in Judaism and both Protestant and Catholic Christianity
- Racist roots of “gun control” in America
- The United Nations program to disarm civilians worldwide
- Police state polices that condition Americans to accept victim disarmament
Contributors: Leading Lights for LibertyThere is much more. Death by Gun Control features articles contributed by:
- James Bovard (Introduction): “Not every firearms regulation leads inexorably to genocide. … But there is no trigger guard on political ambition.”
- Stephen Halbrook, Ph.D. (Chapter 9): How Nazi firearms laws disarmed German Jews — the whole story.
- Jacob Hornberger (Chapter 10): Retelling the tragic, inspiring tale of The White Rose Society, college students who paid the ultimate price for freedom of mind.
- Larry Pratt (Chapter 18): What the Bible says to Christians and Jews about self-defense and victim disarmament.
Endorsed by Experts
Honestly, is this book any good? Ask David Kopel, scholar at the Independence Institute and author of several books and many articles on firearms ownership and public policy. Mr. Kopel honored our book, saying that Death by Gun Control is “one of the best books ever written about the right to keep and bear arms.”
There are many excellent books that advance our understanding of the right to keep and bear arms, the Second Amendment and the American liberty philosophy. Death by Gun Control is unique because it alone drives directly to the heart of the matter: that “gun control” ideas kill – both overseas and here in the U.S.A.
Past Breaking News:
Wave good-bye to the era when Americans could say “it can’t happen here.”
After the September 11 terror attack that killed 3,000 people, Americans no longer ignore “foreign” nations and the history of the world.
America has been plunged deep into a perilous world, and our citizens are learning about war and invasion and attack and defense.
The lesson of the 20th Century genocides cannot be dismissed any more.
The logic of personal self-defense is hitting home.
Death by Gun Control is perfectly timed to influence people during this window of opportunity.
More Breaking News:
Since January 20th 2009 we have a new administration and one that appears totally bent on further eroding all rights, particularly with regard to the Second Amendment.
They have many planned ways to “restrict” firearms ownership using “reasonable” limitations, but these are a smoke screen for what appears more to be a real attempt to ban guns entirely.
The instigation of rendering law abiding citizen’s right to keep and bear arms and so render them defenseless must be seen as opening the door to potential genocide.
Remember, the bad guys (of all description) will always be armed!
- “All Political Power Comes From The Barrel Of The Gun”: You Register & Ban The Firearms Before The Slaughter – Mao Tse Tung, Nov 6, 1938 (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Gun Control & Genocide; A Historical Perspective (2ndamendmentright.org)
- Gun Control Dictator Style – Tyrants Who Banned Firearms Before Slaughtering The People (freedomoutpost.com)
- Gun Confiscation – Last Refuge of the Tyrant | Veterans Today (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Judge Napolitano on Guns and Tyrants (lewrockwell.com)
- Innocents Betrayed – The History of Gun Control (askmarion.wordpress.com)
- When do we ban hammers, ladders? (thegazette.com)
- Gun Control Dictator Style (givemeliberty01.com)
- The Dirty Lowdown on Gun Control (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Gun Facts & The Second Amendment: What The Bankers Fear Will Be The End To Their New World Order Scheme Of Slavery! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- PAUL BARRETT: Gun Control: A Movement Without Followers. “More Americans favor Second Amendment ri… (pjmedia.com)
- Dial 911 And Die! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Thaddeus Russell on Gun Control’s Racist Roots (reason.com)
- Print|Email Controlling Guns, Controlling People (moorbey.wordpress.com)
- Gun Control | Gun-ban lobby growing increasingly impatient with Obama | The Daily Caller (2ndamendmentright.org)
- FWD: Is Gun Control The Issue? (stuffmymomforwards.com)
- MSNBC’s Ball on Gun Control: ‘Let’s Leave the Constitution Out of This’ (nationalreview.com
- Gun Control & Genocide; A Historical Perspective (2ndamendmentright.org)