In 2006, then Senator Barack Obama and Harry Reid voted against raising the debt ceiling. That year, the National Debt according to the Treasury Department was $8,506,973,899,215.
During Democrat Obama’s Tenure in 2010, the National Debt went to a historic high of $14,010,072,800,000 and still Putative President Barack Obama continues to raise the debt ceiling.
“Most Americans know that increasing debt is the last thing we should be doing.”
“Economists will tell you we should be reducing debt, not increasing it.”
“We’re being asked to do what shouldn’t be asked of us, to increase the debt to almost $9 trillion.”
In addition to the quotes above, he cites multiple presidents, and lectures those who might think raising the debt ceiling is a good idea, in just one of several speeches he gave on why we shouldn’t raise the debt ceiling.
Of course, the old Harry Reid used to be an active proponent of auditing the federal reserve as well.
Too bad that the 2006 Harry Reid couldn’t go into the future and lecture this 2013 Harry Reid.
- Harry Reid, obstructionist (and racist?).. (wherearemykeys.typepad.com)
- Senator Harry Reid in 2006: “Increasing Debt is the Last Thing We Should Be Doing” (ijreview.com)
- Reid: We need more tax increases (humanevents.com)
- Dictatorial Fiat – Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi Will Support POTUS Executive Takeover Authority on Spending – ie Debt Ceiling…. (theconservativetreehouse.com)
- Heller Votes To Raise Debt Ceiling (lasvegas.cbslocal.com)
- Harry Reid: We Need More Tax Increases on Americans (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- HYPOCRISY: Top Dems urging Obama to raise debt ceiling all voted against increase in ’06. “Decla… (pjmedia.com)
- Harry Reid to Obama: Please ignore Congress and raise the debt ceiling on your own (hotair.com)
- Democrat Harry Reid In ’06: Raising Debt Limit Is The Last Thing We Should Do. Video. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Flashback: When Harry Reid Was Against Raising The Debt Ceiling (Video) (thealexandrianva.com)