- Kansas Governor Signs Bill Nullifying Federal Gun Control
- Muslim Gunmen Execute Entire Family Of Christians Including Five Children: Obama Sends Tear Gas, Fighter Jets, & Tanks To Muslim Brotherhood In Egypt!
- Obama Feinstein Silent: Rahm Emanuel’s Largest Gun Free Zone Experiment In The Nation Fails: 2012 Murder Tally For Chicago Reaches 500 Just Before New Years Day! That’s Two Sandy Hook Classrooms A Month ~ Every Month!
- Montana Votes 20-0 Defending The Bill Of Rights Nullifying McCain’s Anti-NDAA Rule.
- Arizona Overturns U.S. Federal Judge Lohier & Nullifies McCain’s NDAA Protecting Citizens’ Miranda Rights & From Indefinite Detention!
- Sandy Hook: If Your Senator Is A Co-Sponsor Of S.150, Demand Their Immediate Resignation And Termination Of Their Rights And Privileges As A Senator. “Perjury Of Oath”
More than 15,000 verified law enforcement professionals took part in the survey, which aimed to bring together the thoughts and opinions of the only professional group devoted to limiting and defeating gun violence as part of their sworn responsibility.
- 617,000 Dead From AIDS Lead Cause Same Sex: Homosexuality Kill More Than Double The People Than Do Cars, Suicide, Violence By Guns & War Combined!
Totaling just shy of 30 questions, the survey allowed officers across the United States to share their perspectives on issues spanning from gun control and gun violence to gun rights.
Top Line Takeaways
Breaking down the results, it’s important to note that 70 percent of respondents are field-level law enforcers — those who are face-to-face in the fight against violent crime on a daily basis — not office-bound, non-sworn administrators or perpetually-campaigning elected officials.
|1.) Virtually all respondents (95 percent) say that a federal ban on manufacture and sale of ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds would not reduce violent crime.2.) The majority of respondents — 71 percent — say a federal ban on the manufacture and sale of some semi-automatics would have no effect on reducing violent crime. However, more than 20 percent say any ban would actually have a negative effect on reducing violent crime. Just over 7 percent took the opposite stance, saying they believe a ban would have a moderate to significant effect.3.) About 85 percent of officers say the passage of the White House’s currently proposed legislation would have a zero or negative effect on their safety, with just over 10 percent saying it would have a moderate or significantly positive effect.4.) Seventy percent of respondents say they have a favorable or very favorable opinion of some law enforcement leaders’ public statements that they would not enforce more restrictive gun laws in their jurisdictions. Similarly, more than 61 percent said they would refuse to enforce such laws if they themselves were Chief or Sheriff.
5.) More than 28 percent of officers say having more permissive concealed carry policies for civilians would help most in preventing large scale shootings in public, followed by more aggressive institutionalization for mentally ill persons (about 19 percent) and more armed guards/paid security personnel (about 15 percent). See enlarged image
6.) The overwhelming majority (almost 90 percent) of officers believe that casualties would be decreased if armed citizens were present at the onset of an active-shooter incident.
7.) More than 80 percent of respondents support arming school teachers and administrators who willingly volunteer to train with firearms and carry one in the course of the job.
8.) More than four in five respondents (81 percent) say that gun-buyback programs are ineffective in reducing gun violence.
9.) More than half of respondents feel that increased punishment for obviously illegal gun sales could have a positive impact on reducing gun violence.
10.) When asked whether citizens should be required to complete a safety training class before being allowed to buy a gun, about 43 percent of officers say it should not be required. About 42 percent say it should be required for all weapons, with the remainder favoring training classes for certain weapons.
11.) While some officers say gun violence in the United States stems from violent movies and video games (14 percent), early release and short sentencing for violent offenders (14 percent) and poor identification/treatments of mentally-ill individuals (10 percent), the majority (38 percent) blame a decline in parenting and family values.
Bottom Line Conclusions
In fact, many officers responding to this survey seem to feel that those controls will negatively affect their ability to fight violent criminals.
Contrary to what the mainstream media and certain politicians would have us believe, police overwhelmingly favor an armed citizenry, would like to see more guns in the hands of responsible people, and are skeptical of any greater restrictions placed on gun purchase, ownership, or accessibility.
The officers patrolling America’s streets have a deeply-vested interest — and perhaps the most relevant interest — in making sure that decisions related to controlling, monitoring, restricting, as well as supporting and/or prohibiting an armed populace are wise and effective. With this survey, their voice has been heard.
View the complete survey by PoliceOne.comhttp://ddq74coujkv1i.cloudfront.net/p…
PoliceOne.com Press Release:http://www.policeone.com/corporate-pr…
PoliceOne’s Gun Control Survey: 11 key lessons from officers’ perspectives http://www.policeone.com/Gun-Legislat…
- U.S. Republic Militias
- Sheriffs Rising Up All Over Our Great Nation Nullifying The Unconstitutional Gun Control Rules Being Fabricated By The Banking Cabal!
- Arizona Armed Citizen Project Gives Away Loaded Shotguns To ‘Take Back’ City From Criminals!
- U.S. Gun Companies Refusing Sales To Obama Government With Fraud Gun Laws: N.Y. Charlie Schumer Gets Hit Back Twice As Hard!
- Montana Sheriffs To Nullify Any Federal Legislation That Violates Constitutional Protections Of Gun Ownership!
- New Cato Institute Study Shows How Private Gun Ownership Reduces Crime, Saves Lives: Even During Putative President Obama’s Illegal Executive Orders.
- Gun Control Extremists: Tyrants Who Banned Firearms Before The Slaughter!
- Pope Benedict Has Not Endorsed The Obama Administration’s Gun-Control Plans: Saint Gabriel Possenti Patron Saint Of Gun Owners Forthcoming!
- “All Political Power Comes From The Barrel Of The Gun”: You Register & Ban The Firearms Before The Slaughter - Mao Tse Tung, Nov 6, 1938
About the author
Doug Wyllie is Editor in Chief of PoliceOne, responsible for setting the editorial direction of the website and managing the planned editorial features by our roster of expert writers. In addition to his editorial and managerial responsibilities, Doug has authored more than 600 feature articles and tactical tips on a wide range of topics and trends that affect the law enforcement community. Doug is a member of International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association (ILEETA), and an Associate Member of the California Peace Officers’ Association. He is also a member of the Public Safety Writers Association, and is a two-time (2011 and 2012) Western Publishing Association “Maggie Award” Finalist in the category of Best Regularly Featured Digital Edition Column. Even in his “spare” time, he is active in his support for the law enforcement community, contributing his time and talents toward police-related charitable events as well as participating in force-on-force training, search-and-rescue training, and other scenario-based training designed to prepare cops for the fight they face every day on the street.
- Barry Soetoro aka; Obama Streamlines Killer Monsanto Through Canadian Border: Monsanto People Killer!
Read more articles by PoliceOne Editor in Chief Doug Wyllie by clicking here.
Obama Regime Using Computer-Generated Twitterbots: Appearance Of Social Media Support For Anti “Bill Of Rights” Gun Regulations!
- Eighty-five percent of cops say gun control will have no effect on crime in America (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- New survey of 15,000 cops gives Obama gun agenda thumbs down (ConservativeActionAlerts.com)
- Cops: Gun Control Won’t Work (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Law Enforcement Pros Overwhelmingly Oppose Gun Control Initiatives (shepherdspiehole.typepad.com)
- New NRA web ad: listen to police, not Obama (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- FBI Conducting 32 Gun Purchase Background Checks Per Minute Under Obama: Thats 70,291,049 During Obama’s term. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Overwhelming Majority Of Law Officers Don’t Agree With Obama’s Gun Control Plan (patdollard.com)
- U.N. Moves To Eliminate Disclosure Laws For HIV Infected People Having Sex ~ Obama Rescinds $6.6 Billion Funding For AIDS Prevention.