SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — Neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman was cleared of all charges Saturday in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, the unarmed black teenager whose killing unleashed furious debate across the U.S. over racial profiling, self-defense and equal justice.
Zimmerman, 29, blinked and barely smiled when the verdict was announced. He could have been convicted of second-degree murder or manslaughter. But the jury of six women, all but one of them white, reached a verdict of not guilty after deliberating well into the night Saturday. The jurors considered nearly three weeks of often wildly conflicting testimony over who was the aggressor on the rainy night the 17-year-old was shot while walking through the gated townhouse community where he was staying.
- Al Sharpton, Charlie Manson’s Acolyte: Inciting Race Wars
- Racist Al Sharpton : Guilty By Convenient Omission – Obama’s Gangsta Government!
- Obama Furious With Arizona New Law To Produce Birth Certificate – Sends Goon Sharpton To Start Race War!
- Al Sharpton Incites Race War, Hate, And AntiGovernment Rhetoric In Arizona : Check Obama’s Papers If He Lands In Arizona!
Defense attorneys said the case was classic self-defense, claiming Martin knocked Zimmerman down and was slamming the older man’s head against the concrete sidewalk when Zimmerman fired his gun.
Prosecutors called Zimmerman a liar and portrayed him was a “wannabe cop” vigilante who had grown frustrated by break-ins in his neighborhood committed primarily by young black men. Zimmerman assumed Martin was up to no good and took the law into his own hands, prosecutors said.
State Attorney Angela Corey said after the verdict that she believed second-degree murder was the appropriate charge because Zimmerman’s mindset “fit the bill of second-degree murder.”
“We charged what we believed we could prove,” Corey said.
As the verdict drew near, police and city leaders in the Orlando suburb of Sanford and other parts of Florida said they were taking precautions against the possibility of mass protests or unrest in the event of an acquittal.
“There is no party in this case who wants to see any violence,” Seminole County Sheriff Don Eslinger said immediately after jurors began deliberating. “We have an expectation upon this announcement that our community will continue to act peacefully.”
49% of murder victims are black men. 93% of those are killed by other blacks. Banking Cabal’s Media doesn’t care.
The verdict came a year and a half after civil rights protesters angrily demanded Zimmerman be prosecuted.
That anger appeared to return Saturday night outside the courthouse, at least for some who had been following the case.
Rosie Barron, 50, and Andrew Perkins, 55, both black residents of Sanford, stood in the parking lot of the courthouse and wept.
“I at least thought he was going to get something, something,” Barron said.
Added her brother: “How the hell did they find him not guilty?”
Perkins was so upset he was shaking. “He killed somebody and got away with murder,” Perkins shouted, looking in the direction of the courthouse. “He ain’t getting no probation or nothing.”
Several Zimmerman supporters also were outside the courthouse, including a brother and sister quietly rejoicing that Zimmerman was acquitted. Both thought the jury made the right decision in finding Zimmerman not guilty — they felt that Zimmerman killed Martin in self-defense.
Cindy Lenzen, 50, of Casslebury, and her brother, 52-year-old Chris Bay, stood watching the protesters chant slogans such as, “the whole system’s guilty.”
Lenzen and Bay — who are white — called the entire case “a tragedy,” especially for Zimmerman.
“It’s a tragedy that he’s going to suffer for the rest of his life,” Bay said. “No one wins either way. This is going to be a recurring nightmare in his mind every night.”
Meanwhile, authorities in Martin’s hometown of Miami said the streets were quiet, with no indication of problems. The neighborhood where Martin’s father lives in Miami Gardens was equally quiet.
Zimmerman wasn’t arrested for 44 days after the Feb. 26, 2012 shooting, as police in Sanford insisted that Florida’s Stand Your Ground law on self-defense prohibited them from bringing charges. Florida gives people wide latitude to use deadly force if they fear death or bodily harm.
- Banking Matrix Operative: Jesse Jackson Runs Out Of Other People’s Money & Calls For Looting Your Retirement Funds!
- Jesse Jackson Jr. Indicted On Conspiracy Charges: James Carville Predicted Democratic Scandal Streak Coming True!
- Rothschild Underling Hillary Clinton Feins Illness In An Attempt To Avoid Prosecution For Stevens Murder In Benghazi.: Tactics Were Also Used By Jesse Jackson Jr. & Mafia Crime Boss Vincent Gigante To Avoid Prosecution!
Martin’s parents, along with civil rights leaders such as the Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, argued that Zimmerman — whose father is white and whose mother is Hispanic — had racially profiled their son. And they accused investigators of dragging their feet because Martin was a black teenager.
DO YOU EVER HEAR CHARLIE MANSON’S ACOLYTE AL SHARPTON
SPEAKING ABOUT INFANTICIDE OF THE BLACK CHILD?
NOPE ~ HE’S A HENCHMAN OF ~~~~~
- WHY THE BABIES? WHY? OBAMA’S BLACK GENOCIDE!
- Pro-Abort Rev. Al Sharpton Uses Pulpit at St … – Catholic Citizens
- Defunding Planned Parenthood: Founder Of Planned Parenthood White Supremacist Margaret Sanger.
Before a special prosecutor assigned to the case ordered Zimmerman’s arrest, thousands of protesters gathered in Sanford, Miami, New York and elsewhere, many wearing hoodies like the one Martin had on the night he died.
They also carried Skittles and a can of iced tea, items Martin had in his pocket.
President Barack Obama weighed in, saying that if he had a son, “he’d look like Trayvon.”
Despite the racially charged nature of the case, race was barely mentioned at the trial. Even after the verdict, prosecutors said the case was not about race.
“This case has never been about race or the right to bear arms,” Corey said. “We believe this case all along was about boundaries, and George Zimmerman exceeded those boundaries.”
One of the few mentions of race came from witness Rachel Jeantel, the Miami teen who was talking to Martin by phone moments before he was shot. She testified that he described being followed by a “creepy-ass cracker” as he walked through the neighborhood.
PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY AL SHARPTON & JESSE JACKSON!
THE SLEEPER CELLS FOR THE NWO DEPOPULATION PROGRAM!
Jeantel gave some of the trial’s most riveting testimony. She said she overheard Martin demand, “What are you following me for?” and then yell, “Get off! Get off!” before his cellphone went dead.
The jurors had to sort out clashing testimony from 56 witnesses in all, including police, neighbors, friends and family members.
For example, witnesses who got fleeting glimpses of the fight in the darkness gave differing accounts of who was on top. And Martin’s parents and Zimmerman’s parents both claimed that the person heard screaming for help in the background of a neighbor’s 911 call was their son.
Numerous other relatives and friends weighed in, too, as the recording was played over and over in court. Zimmerman had cuts and scrapes on his face and the back of his head, but prosecutors suggested the injuries were not serious.
- Abortion Whistleblowers Program Ousts Another Ghoul: Second ‘House Of Horrors’ Doctor ‘Twisted Heads Off Children’s Necks With His Bare Hands’.
- How Many Abortions Are Committed For The Health Of The Mother? The Answer Is .006%
- North Carolina Becomes Third State: Defunds Planned Parenthood’s 330,000 Abortions Each Year!
- Daily Kos: Beket Does Abortion! How Extreme Heathenism ~ Stops A Thinking Brain!
- Planned Death: Republicans In Name Only ~ Vote To Fund (With Your Tax Dollars) Abortions Under The Rubric Of Planned Parenthood!
To secure a second-degree murder conviction, prosecutors had to convince the jury that Zimmerman acted with a “depraved” state of mind — that is, with ill will, hatred or spite. Prosecutors said he demonstrated that when he muttered, “F—— punks. These a——-. They always get away” during a call to police as he watched Martin walk through his neighborhood.
To win a manslaughter conviction, prosecutors had to convince the jury only that Zimmerman killed without lawful justification.
So Where’s Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson?
Why Hell They’re All For Black Genocide And Divert America’s Black Citizen To Racial, Media, & Judicial Thuggery Like The Zimmerman ‘Stand Your Ground’ Case! They have no interest in saving people when depopulation is their agenda inside the NWO Banking Cabal Protocols. Their bread is buttered Yours is NOT!
- AL SHARPTON: The George Zimmerman Verdict Is A ‘Slap In The Face To Those That Believe In Justice’ (businessinsider.com)
- Not Guilty (independentsentinel.com)
- George Zimmerman found not guilty (globalnews.ca)
- George Zimmerman found not guilty (news4jax.com)
- BLACK GENOCIDE IN THE 21ST CENTURY (Planned Parenthood)
- Remember –> Obama Wants To Send More Money Out Of Country : Foreign Aid Bill Pushes Abortion & Sodomy Agenda Overseas
- Obama: Pay For Zippers Instead Of Mandated Abortion Expense – The Most Preventable Medical Expense, Costs Americans $1.93 Billion/Yr
- United States Women’s Group Launches Tour to Stop Abortion Funds For Obama’s Taxation For Snuff Services.
- Sex And The City Slut Cynthia Lenin, Promotes Taxpayer-Funded Abortions: Ah – America? Wake Up, The Screen Door Was Left Open!