June 17, 2009 – Democrats are loading up a Foreign Relations Authorization Act (H.R. 2410) with a bag of cash and policies that will promote abortion and the gay agenda overseas.
The authorization act will fund abortions overseas through creation of the Office of Global Women’s Issues, which Secretary of State Hillary Clinton admits is a tool for expansion of abortion. Seven out of 10 Americans disapprove of abortion in the U.S. Now, they’ll be funding the killing of foreign babies.
Republicans attempted to add an amendment to the bill that would have forbidden the U.S. from forcing nations to change their domestic laws and policies on abortion – except in cases of rape, incest or to save the life of the mother. The amendment was voted down.
Section 333 in the bill calls for the Department of State to train for, report on, and engage in overseas advocacy to repeal foreign laws that criminalize homosexual activity or “restrict the enjoyment of fundamental freedoms consistent with United States law” based on the “actual or perceived sexual orientation and gender identity” of individuals.
The bill does not contain any conscience protections for Foreign Service Officers who may object to the promotion of abortion or the gay agenda overseas.
The legislation also contains funding that presumes America will sign the U.N. Convention on the Law of the Sea. This treaty will hamstring the U.S. from carrying out counter-terrorism programs. The bill also cites the Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women, which also promotes abortion and radical social policies.
H.R. 2410 is a piggy bank for gays and abortion advocates who are determined to spread death, disease and bizarre sex behaviors around the globe.
This legislative train wreck is sponsored by Rep. Howard Berman (D-CA). Berman has a 100% pro-abortion voting record, according to the National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL Pro-Choice America). He is a consistent supporter of the gay agenda in Congress as well. He has received a 100% rating from the gay activist Human Rights Campaign.
He’s wrong on every social issue and now wants to export the killing of unborn babies overseas and the undermining of traditional morality in foreign lands. And, the taxpayers get to fund his pet projects.
- The Sebelius In The Footsteps Of White Supremacist Margaret Sanger: Founder Of Planned Parenthood & In Court With Shredded Evidence! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- President Obama has deceived Catholic Church – Obama Most Pro-Abortion President Ever (jlue.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s Assault on Religious Liberty – AOI Observer (palamas.info)
- Franks Wants to Restrict DC Abortions (myfoxphoenix.com)
- Abortion foes on annual march in nation’s capital (goerie.com)
- Happy 39th Anniversary Roe v. Wade (marissavelarde.wordpress.com)
- An easy way to spot a false teacher (wolfsheep2.wordpress.com)
- What Americans Really Think About Abortion (livescience.com)
- Ryan’s Record of Abortion Opposition Consistent With Akin’s (bloomberg.com)
- GOP Platform: Obama Adminstration Supports Overseas Homosexual Agenda (joemygod.blogspot.com)