More Than $1 Million Paid To Obama Eligibility Law Firm
Obama may be using campaign funds to stomp out eligibility lawsuits brought by Americans, as his campaign has paid more than $1 million (2009 figure) to his top lawyer since the election.
The campaign also compensated Perkins Coie for legal services between Oct. 16, 2008 and Dec. 31, 2008 — to the tune of $378,375.52.
Robert Bauer of Perkins Coie — top lawyer for Obama, Obama’s presidential campaign, the Democratic National Committee and Obama’s Organizing for America — is the same Washington, D.C., lawyer defending Obama in lawsuits challenging his eligibility to be president.
As WorldNewsDaily.com reported earlier, Bauer sent a letter to plaintiff Gregory Hollister, a retired Air Force colonel, of Hollister v. Soetoro, threatening sanctions if he doesn’t withdraw his appeal of the eligibility case that earlier was tossed by a district judge because the issue already had been “twittered.”
Bauer’s warning was dated April 3rd and delivered via letter to the plaintiff’s attorney, John D. Hemenway. It is not the first such warning issued. Lawyers trying to kill a similar California lawsuit filed on behalf of Ambassador Alan Keyes also said they would seek sanctions against the plaintiff’s attorneys in that case unless they left the issue of the president’s eligibility alone.
“For the reasons stated in Judge Robertson’s ruling, the suit is frivolous and should not be pursued,” Bauer’s letter warned. “Should you decline to withdraw this frivolous appeal, please be informed that we intend to pursue sanctions, including costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees, pursuant to Federal Rule of Appellate Procedure 38 and D.C. Circuit Rule 38.”
Bauer also represented Obama and the DNC in Philip Berg’s eligibility lawsuit and various other legal challenges. He and the White House have not responded to WND’s request for comment.
The FEC allows elected officials to use campaign funds to pay legal fees only if the action/investigations arise as a result of their tenure in office or campaigns, according to Politico.
These illegal disbursements are for just ONE of Obama’s law firms. What is Obama hiding that is worth more than a million dollars?
- The Beginning Of The End For Obama’s Eligibility Cover-Up. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Weekend Reflections: Anita Dunn’s Husband & Council For Obama’s $2.8 Million COLB Legal Fees: Bob Bauer Resigns From Obama Administration! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Dodd (d-conn) Hides Out In Ireland On A Real Estate Bonanza, That He Does Not Know How Much He Paid For! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Breaking Obama -> Immigration & Naturalization Service Doc Found: U.s. Certificate Issued to One East African-born Child of U.s. Citizen in 1961! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- First It Was The Democrat’s Edwards Adultery : Now Its Barry Soetoro / Obama Treason : New Evidence Obama Eligibility (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Virtual media blackout remains on Obama eligibility question 3-26-2012 (dewgeneral.wordpress.com)
- Obama NC ballot challenge, GA ruling Judge Michael Malihi, North Carolina Secretary of State and Election Board warned in 2008, Governor Easley conviction (usamericanfreedom.com)
- New Hampshire Lawmakers Require Obama To Produce Vault Long Form Birth Certificate. (politicalvelcraft.org)