MOSCOW, February 19. /TASS/. Iraq’s Defense Ministry has received the first batch of 36 T-90S tanks under an arms contract with Russia, Shafaq News reported on Monday, citing Chief of Staff of the Iraqi Army, Lieutenant-General Othman Al-Ghanmi.
Al-Ghanmi, who paid an inspection visit to Basra, confirmed that the 36 Russian-made tanks had been delivered to Iraq. The rest 37 such tanks under the contract would reach Iraq by late April.
Earlier, Arab media cited a source in the Iraqi defense ministry as saying that the T-90S tanks had been delivered to the port city of Umm Qasr on February 15 to be later transported by Baghdad.
The T-90S is an export modification of the T-90 tank. It has powerful armaments, a modern fire control system, reliable armor and high maneuverability. It operates day and night in various climatic conditions and is designed to fight tanks, self-propelled guns and other armored objects.
- Russia starts T-90S main battle tank deliveries to Iraq
- Contract with Kuwait to supply T-90MS tanks can be signed before yearend
- Russia Blasts Biden: Zionist Joe Biden ~ Dividing Iraq By Israeli Design Since 2006!
- Iraq Authorizes Russian Airstrikes Against ISIS: Iraqi Forces Seize US Military Hardware From ISIS
- Russian Su-25 Ground Attack Jets Bombing U.S. Trained U.S. Deployed U.S. Financed ISIS In Iraq: Video!
- Iraqi Government Signs $1 Billion Military Agreement With Russian Government: Providing Heavy Artillery, Ballistic Missile Systems And Ammunition.