The surge in congressional calls for Attorney General Eric Holder’s immediate resignation has reached a new milestone: More than 50 members of Congress are now demanding Holder step down in the wake of Operation Fast and Furious.
The number of congressmen calling for Holder’s immediate resignation is now 51. New additions to that list include Republican Reps. Todd Akin and Blaine Luetkemeyer of Missouri, Lynn Westmoreland of Georgia, Steven Palazzo of Mississippi and Jeff Duncan of South Carolina.
Rep. Westmoreland said Operation Fast and Furious was a disgrace to the American people and that Holder needs to resign immediately.
“Fast and Furious played fast and loose with the American public’s safety, leaving a U.S. Border patrol agent dead and DOJ-purchased guns in the hands of Mexican drug lords,” Westmoreland told The Daily Caller. “To say this program was a failure and an embarrassment to the U.S. justice system is an understatement.”
“No matter how many times the attorney general’s statement of when he was aware of Operation Fast and Furious changes — and it has changed almost daily — at the end of the day, he is the head of the Department of Justice and the buck stops with him,” said Westmoreland.
“It’s time for Mr. Holder to hold himself accountable,” he added.
On Thursday morning there were 46 congressmen demanding Holder’s resignation. Holder is currently on a taxpayer-subsidized junket in the Caribbean with his spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler, who has repeatedly declined to answer questions about the increasing congressional disapproval of Holder’s job performance.
- Gunwalker Update: 51 Congressmen Call For Holder Resignation, FBI PATCON Scandal (thepatriotperspective.wordpress.com)
- REP. JOE WALSH TO ERIC HOLDER: You Better Resign Immediately, Buddy. “Operation Fast and Furious f… (pjmedia.com)
- Holder isn’t off the hook yet: Oversight Committee Will Hold “Eric Holder” Accountable for “Fast and Furious” (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)
- Holder Refuses to Apologize to the Family of Brian Terry (Fast & Furious) (treeofmamre.wordpress.com)
- Holder dumps new Fast and Furious docs as 11 more congressmen call for his resignation (Daily Caller) (old.news.yahoo.com)
- Gunwalker: More GOP Candidates Call for Holder’s Resignation (pjmedia.com)
- Combative Eric Holder Still Evading Responsibilty for Operation Fast and Furious – Katie Pavlich – Townhall Conservative (gds44.wordpress.com)
- GOP Candidates Want Eric Holder To Resign Over Fast & Furious Gun Smuggling Scandal (businessinsider.com)
- GOP Press Conference: Rep. West Calls On Holder To Resign – Hints Obama May Be Complicit (Video) + The Latest Fast and Furious News (nicedeb.wordpress.com)