Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. assured the public that members of the Supreme Court are not “exempt” from the ethics rules for federal judges, including the requirement to step aside from a case if there are reasonable doubts about their impartiality.
ROBERTS FROM FED JUDGE TO CORRUPT POLITICIAN.
Ethics Rules For Federal Judges Is Outdated In An Era Of Double Speak.
The Chief Justice of the United States, John G. Roberts, Jr., wants you to know that his colleagues on the Supreme Court “are jurists of exceptional integrity and experience whose character and fitness have been examined through a rigorous appointment and confirmation process.” So, naturally, he wants all you haters out there, on the left and the right, to back off your demands to have Justices Clarence Thomas and Elena Kagan recuse themselves from the Court’s monumental health care case now docketed for argument in late March.
- Roberts: Back off the recusal demands (hotair.com)
- US Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts: high court not exempt from ethics rules (lesliebrodie.wordpress.com)
- Chief Justice Roberts: No Justice Is Recusing Themselves Over ObamaCare So Get Over It (minx.cc)
- Chief Justice Roberts Nurses The Supreme Court’s Self-Inflicted Ethical Wounds (thinkprogress.org)
- The Supreme Court Chief Justice Cops Out (theatlantic.com)