NEW YORK, July 24, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ —
Harvard University researchers’ review of fluoride/brain studies concludes “our results support the possibility of adverse effects of fluoride exposures on children’s neurodevelopment.” It was published online July 20 in Environmental Health Perspectives, a US National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences‘ journal (1), reports the NYS Coalition Opposed to Fluoridation, Inc. (NYSCOF)
Further, the EPA says fluoride is a chemical “with substantial evidence of developmental neurotoxicity.”
Water was the only fluoride source in the studies reviewed and was based on high water fluoride levels. However, they point out research by Ding (2011) suggested that low water fluoride levels had significant negative associations with children’s intelligence.
Choi et al. write, “Although fluoride may cause neurotoxicity in animal models and acute fluoride poisoning causes neurotoxicity in adults, very little is known of its effects on children’s neurodevelopment. They recommend more brain/fluoride research on children and at individual-level doses.
“It’s senseless to keep subjecting our children to this ongoing fluoridation experiment to satisfy the political agenda of special-interest groups,” says attorney Paul Beeber, NYSCOF President. “Even if fluoridation reduced cavities, is tooth health more important than brain health? It’s time to put politics aside and stop artificial fluoridation everywhere,” says Beeber.
After reviewing fluoride toxicological data, the NRC reported in 2006, “It’s apparent that fluorides have the ability to interfere with the functions of the brain.”
Choi’s team writes, “Fluoride readily crosses the placenta. Fluoride exposure to the developing brain, which is much more susceptible to injury caused by toxicants than is the mature brain, may possibly lead to damage of a permanent nature.”
Fluoride accumulates in the body. Even low doses are harmful to babies, the thyroid, kidney patients and heavy water-drinkers. There are even doubts about fluoridation’s effectiveness (2). New York CityLegislation is pending to stop fluoridation. Many communities have already stopped.
More information on fluoride’s impact on the brain is here.
Contact: Paul Beeber, JD, 516-433-8882 email@example.com
- Harvard Study Finds Fluoride Lowers IQ – Published in Federal Gov’t Journal (marketwatch.com)
- Harvard Study Finds Fluoride Lowers IQ – Published in Federal Gov’t Journal (engineeringevil.com)
- Harvard Study – Published in National Institute of Health Journal – Finds Fluoride Lowers Children’s IQ (washingtonsblog.com)
- Developmental Fluoride Neurotoxicity: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis -Flouride associated with Significantly Lower IQ Scores.- (2nd Source Confirmation Original Abstract) (engineeringevil.com)
- Harvard Study Finds Fluoride Lowers IQ – Published in Federal Gov’t Journal (sott.net)
- Harvard Study Finds Fluoride Lowers IQ – Published in Federal Gov’t Journal (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)
- Ethan A. Huff – How to fight water fluoridation in your city (prn.fm)