Discussing the insane decision by the Nobel Peace Prize committee to award the European Union, despite EU oppression, removing democracy, ignoring rule of law, planting Brussels yes-men as “leaders” in national governments, and riots in many countries due to EU economic policies.
THE award of the Nobel Peace Prize to the crisis-hit European Union was labelled “preposterous and absurd” by former Chancellor.
Lord Lamont hit out as the Norwegian committee that dishes out the honour said the EU would be its next recipient.
The decision has provoked scorn from many corners following frequent anti-austerity riots that have flared on the continent, most recently in Greece during the visit of the German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
Lord Lamont said: “I think today’s decision to award the Nobel Peace Prize to the EU at a time when people in the streets of Athens are dressing up as Nazis seems preposterous and absurd.
“As Oscar Wilde said about the death of Little Nell: ’It would require a heart of stone not to die of laughter.’
“If the committee cannot think of an individual to whom they should award the prize, better not to give one at all.”
Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said the EU had achieved an “extraordinary feat” in the aftermath of World War Two.
Mr Clegg added: “I think there are lots of people who are really anti-Brussels or for Brussels, but I think the one thing everyone accepts is given the 20th Century was this blood-soaked century in Europe, the fact that countries would trade with each other, talk with each other, rather than fight with each other, was an extraordinary feat of peace over war.
(RussiaToday) – The Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded to the European Union for its role in securing peace to the continent.The Nobel committee says the accolade is meant to be an encouragement to the union in difficult times. Norway – the home of the prize – is itself divided over EU membership and has twice refused it in a nationwide referendums. Dprogram
“It’s a kind of interesting choice to give it to an acronym rather than a person but the idea of peace in Europe is something we should always celebrate and never forget.”
Social media networks meanwhile were awash with comments ridiculing the choice.
@AnonOpGreece said on Twitter: “Anti-austerity protests in Portugal, Spain, Greece, Italy & France, Nationalism, Fascism, unemployment and poverty. Yeah EU deserves it!”
By TREVOR KAVANAGH, Associate Editor
EUROPE keeping the peace? The only time it faced a genuine threat in its own backyard — in the Balkans — it was paralysed by indecision.
It was left to American-led Nato, encouraged by Britain, to bail them out. Indeed, it is Nato we must thank for six decades of European stability, not Brussels.
The Nobel Committee has become a laughing stock.
- Nigel Farage: The Inevitable End Of Rothschild Banking Cabal’s Euro Union Scheme ~ Closing Your Accounts At Corporate Banks Before They Close You Down ~ May Be Something One Should Consider!
- Nigel Farage On EU’s Nobel Prize: ‘Pure Insanity!’ (dailybail.com)
- ‘Monsanto & Frankenstein next!’ Max Keiser destroys 2012 Nobel Peace Prize (dprogram.net)
- The Best Joke of 2012..EU wins the Nobel Peace Prize (seeker401.wordpress.com)
- Farage Slams Nobel Peace Prize Farce As “Insurgency And Violence” Reign (dprogram.net)
- Nigel Farage Slams Nobel Peace Prize Farce As “Insurgency And Violence” Reign (sgtreport.com)
- The European Union Game Is Over: Nigel Farage MEP ~ German Chancellor Angela Merkel: NWO Has Failed, Germany Returning To Its Christian Roots!
- To Battle Against The Jesuits ~ The Illuminati Origins Of Secret Government: The Mental & Fatal Disease Of Militant Narcissists: Stop Them Cold Protect The Constitution!