Over 3,000 US troops have secretly returned to Iraq via Kuwait for missions pertaining to the recent developments in Syria and northern Iraq, Press TVreports.
According to our correspondent, the US troops have secretly entered Iraq in multiple stages and are mostly stationed at Balad military garrison in Salahuddin province and al-Asad air base in al-Anbar province.
Reports say the troops include US Army officers and almost 17,000 more are set to secretly return to Iraq via the same route.
All US troops left Iraq by the end of 2011, after nine years of occupation, as required by a 2008 bilateral security agreement between the two countries. The troops left Iraq for the neighboring Kuwait.
Washington decided to pull out all its troops from Iraq after Baghdad refused to grant legal immunity to the remaining US soldiers.
Washington claims that the only US military presence left in Iraq now is 157 soldiers responsible for training at the US Embassy, as well as a small contingent of marines protecting the diplomatic mission.
US-led forces attacked Iraq in 2003 and toppled Saddam Hussein on the pretext of possessing weapons of mass destruction. But no WMD was ever discovered in Iraq. At the peak of the US-led military operation in Iraq, there were 170,000 US troops and more than 500 bases in Iraq.
More than one million Iraqis were killed as the result of the US-led invasion and subsequent occupation of the country, according to the California-based investigative organization Project Censored.
- U.S. Commercial Flights Begin To Iraq: U.S. Ends 16 Year Ban.
- Iraq To Be World’s Fastest Growing Economy 2012/2013
- US troops secretly return to Iraq (weeklyintercept.blogspot.com)
- Breaking => Iraqi Security Source: The Arrest Of “Al Qaeda” Leader In Iraq, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
- The Oil Gold Rush in Iraq: Funneling America’s Money To Iraq Continues Unabated!
- Bizarre Skeleton Closet: Democrat Al Gore Criticizes H.W. Bush Senior in 1992 For Ignoring Iraq’s Weapons Of Mass Destruction ~ Up Next Obama?
- In The Year 2000 There Were Seven Countries Without A Rothschild-Owned Central Bank: They were Afghanistan, Iraq, Sudan, Libya, Cuba, North Korea and Iran.
- Americans Have ‘Given Up’ On Afghanistan (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)
- The IRAQ WAR Is Not Over, To Kill The Sunnis: Obama = The Shiites Promised Warrior & Iran = The Diversion To The Goal! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Another Casualty of the Obama Foreign Policy (nationalreview.com)