Monday, I sat down with National Sheriff of the Year, Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu to discuss Operation Fast and Furious and his ongoing fight against violent Mexican drug cartels on American soil.
During the course of the interview, Sheriff Babeu said, “It is insanity that they [ATF/DOJ] could try and rationalize this and still withhold and try to cover up information that implicates them.
What I learned just as a regular police officer is that any body who is involved in assisting other people in crimes, that drive the get away car or give guns to people who know they’re going to commit crimes, and even if they didn’t know they would end up killing somebody, guess what we call those people? Accomplices, and they’re charged as well with the same crimes as the people who pulled the trigger.”
Up to this point, senior officials within the Obama Justice Department, Department of Homeland Security, FBI, the Drug Enforcement Agency and the Arizona U.S. Attorney’s office have denied knowing about or authorizing Operation Fast and Furious until March of 2011. In fact, they have done everything possible to cover up the operation in order to avoid responsibility for the lethal consequences of the program.
Katie Pavlich the News Editor at Townhall.com. Follow her on Twitter @katiepavlich.
DIRECT EVIDENCE HOLDER HAD KNOWLEDGE OF PROJECT GUNRUNNER IN 2009.
We learned that despite Barack Hussein Obama and Eric Holder repeatedly denying knowledge of Project Gunrunner over the years, Obama approved and signed the stimulus funding for its operations back in 2009. And during that same year, Obama’s Attorney General Eric Holder bragged about Project Gunrunner at the arms trafficking conference in Cuernavaca, Mexico – as documented (2009 Screen Capture) of the Department of Justice website.
House Committee to Subpoena Holder in ‘Fast and Furious‘ Probe
On Friday, Holder issued a stern response to calls for a special counsel to probe the matter, saying he told the truth when he informed Congress he only heard about the program for the first time in April 2011. He added that earlier mentions of the program listed in at least five memos dated to 2010 did not indicate on first blush any problems with the program.
“I do not and cannot read them cover to cover,” Issa wrote. “Here, no issues concerning ‘Fast and Furious’ were brought to my attention because the information presented in the report did not suggest a problem.”
Freshman Rep. Raul Labrador, R-Idaho, said he can understand someone at Holder’s level not reviewing every document that reaches his desk, but that when Holder knew he was going to testify about “Fast and Furious” to a House panel, he should have gotten brushed up on the program and its impact, including the murder of Border Patrol agent Brian Terry. Guns linked to Fast and Furious were found at Terry’s crime scene.
Labrador told Fox News that the response from Holder leaves him with no option but to conclude dishonesty or incompetence.
“By the time Officer Terry had been killed, there were other crimes linked to these guns. Why did he not do the research and find out how much his office knew? He was either lying or willfully neglecting to do his due diligence before he came before Congress,” Labrador said.
“If, in fact, a border patrol agent has been murdered, 2,000 weapons have gone, this program has completely gone off of the rails, why didn’t he know?” Issa asked.
In his response to House Republicans, Holder said that his critics have political motivations and added that he takes issue with the allegation that federal agents were “accessories to murder.”
“Such irresponsible and inflammatory rhetoric must be repudiated in the strongest possible terms,” Holder wrote. “Those who serve in the ranks of law enforcement are our nation’s heroes and deserve our nation’s thanks, not the disrespect that is being heaped on them by those who seek political advantage.”
But Pima County, Ariz., Sheriff Paul Babeu said his state’s elected sheriffs, of whom nine out of 15 are Democrats, support a special counsel.
“My deputies and officers across the southwest could face the barrel of a gun that our own government, Eric Holder and the president, put into the hands of these criminals,” Babeu told Fox News. “Whoever approved this should be criminally held to account for this.”
Issa said a special counsel should be appointed because “Eric Holder cannot investigate himself,” but he said he’s not going to let that get in the way of his investigation, which has been conducted in conjunction with Senate Judiciary Committee ranking Republican Charles Grassley of Iowa.
“Our investigation, along with Senator Grassley, has to get to the bottom of this sooner, not later, because the American people and people in Mexico don’t trust their government right now,” he said.
Labrador said whoever came up with the Fast and Furious program “needs to be
“Anybody who failed to do their duty, because of this program, needs to be fired as well,” he said.
Don’t Forget These Issa Actions:
- Rothschild Charlatan Elizabeth Warren And The Feigned Glass Steagall: Basel III Doomsday Is Upon Us.
- I Killed The Bank ~ President Andrew Jackson: The 1836 Restoration Of The United States Of America!
- Direct Evidence: HOLDER LIED, Bragged About Project Gunrunner in Mexico in 2009 (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Police chief killed with rifle lost in ATF’s Fast and Furious Op (12160.info)
- Issa & Grassley To Holder: Why Is DOJ Hiding New Fast & Furious Murders? (freedomoutpost.com)
- Issa & Grassley To Holder: Why Is DOJ Hiding New Fast & Furious Murders? (conservativeread.com)
- Issa & Grassley To Holder: Why Is DOJ Hiding New Fast & Furious Murders? (libertyfirewall.com)
- Eric “Fast and Furious” Holder ignores Supreme Court ruling on Voting Rights Act (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Lois Lerner’s ace in the hole (powerlineblog.com)
- Fast & Furious Rifle Found at Scene of Murdered Police Chief (independentsentinel.com)
- Whose side are we on? (bokertov.typepad.com)
- Bankers Control Darrel Issa & U.S. Federal Judge David Carter? Same Modus Operandi Appears Conclusive.
- Special Prosecutor Called To Investigate Rahm Emanuel
- Oversight And Government Reform Committee: Launches Probe Into Rothschild Derivative Mortgage Lenders Which Caused Financial Crisis.
- 54 Members of Congress, Obama, And Hillary ~ Taking Money From Hamas!
- Treason Report: Obama Bankers Collude ~ To Stop All Investigations Of Their Mortgage Related Crimes.