Charlotte, NC –(Ammoland.com)- Yesteday, state Representative Mark Keller’s amendment to House Bill 1243, strengthening firearm preemption to provide consistency for Pennsylvania’s firearm and ammunition laws throughout the state, passed in the state House of Representatives by a 143 to 54 vote.
In addition, state Representative Steven Santarsiero’s anti-gun amendment mandating the expansion of so-called “universal” background checks to ALL firearms purchases — including rifles and shotguns — was defeated by a 132 to 64 vote. HB 1243, as amended, will be now be voted on the House floor today for its third consideration and final passage.
- ISIS Calls for Followers to Randomly Murder Americans
- Guns Save 2,191 Lives Each Day In The US: FBI ~ 32 Guns Purchased Every Minute In The United States.
- Obama Death Squads Fan Out Across The U.S ~ The Last Line Of Defense For Wayward Citizens: My Locked Door!
Please check the links to the roll call votes above and, if your state Representative voted for the Keller firearms preemption amendment and against the Santarsiero background check expansion amendment, thank your state Representative and encourage him or her to vote for final passage of HB 1243 tomorrow.
However, this fight for freedom is not over. Because of your calls and e-mails, this important legislation will now be in a position to be sent to the state Senate for consideration. With only a handful of days left in the 2013-14 legislative session, it is important that you also contact your state Senator and urge swift passage of this vital legislation.
Over the past four years, the Pennsylvania Legislature has failed to act on this important pro-gun reform, and to date, nearly fifty municipalities have enacted illegal local gun control ordinances, including Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Lancaster, Reading and the state capital of Harrisburg.
Click here to identify your state Senator. Together we can make a difference.
Established in 1975, the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the “lobbying” arm of the National Rifle Association of America. ILA is responsible for preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals in the legislative, political, and legal arenas, to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook
- Delaware Supreme Court Nullifies Unconstitutional Gun Ban!
- Maryland Sheriff Says Expect Civil War if the Feds Come For Your Guns ~ Video
- NY Sheriffs Protect Bill Of Rights Defy Cuomo: We Will Not Take Guns From Law-Abiding U.S. Citizens.
- Detroit Police Chief To Gun Owners: Defend Your Homes ~ Ever Wonder What The Second Amendment Really Means?
- Missouri Passes ‘Emergency’ Bill To Nullify All Federal Gun Laws: Rejects “Unlimited Submission” To Corporate Government!
- Combative Firearms Program Launches For The Public In Rahm Emanuel’s Chicago Gun Free Zone: Americans Protect ~ Americans Arrest.
- Federal Judge John Roll Murdered Gabrielle Giffords Wounded: Coincidence Judge Roll Was Murdered Because He Overturned The Brady Gun Control Bill Which Was In Violation Of The Bill Of Rights?