Washington DC – -(Ammoland.com)- On April 3rd 2013 the Missouri House passed an “emergency” bill to nullify “virtually every federal gun control measure in the books.”
The bill – HB1439 – drew a super majority of support, 110-36.
According to the Tenth Amendment Center, the bill borrows language from Thomas Jefferson to reject “unlimited submission” to the federal government.
Claiming Tenth Amendment ground, the bill states, “Whenever the federal government assumes powers that the people did not grant it in the Constitution, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force.”
HB1439 lists specific federal laws and actions for nullification, including but not limited to “any registering or tracking of the owners of firearms, firearms accessories, or ammunition which might reasonably be expected to create a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens” and “any act ordering the confiscation of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition from law-abiding citizens.”
The bill “now moves to the state senate where a committee is likely to hear it in the coming week.”
Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter @AWRHawkins.
- Delaware Supreme Court Nullifies Unconstitutional Gun Ban!
- Ohio Schools Authorize Conceal Carrying Of Guns: Express Purpose For Student Safety!
- NY Sheriffs Protect Bill Of Rights Defy Cuomo: We Will Not Take Guns From Law-Abiding U.S. Citizens.
- Weekend Reflections: ATF, DOJ Accomplice to Murder – Holder Had Knowledge Of Project Gunrunner In 2009.
- Detroit Police Chief To Gun Owners: Defend Your Homes ~ Ever Wonder What The Second Amendment Really Means?
- FBI Report: Gun Free Zone Experiment In Chicago Creates Crisis ~ A Murderer’s Sanctuary Capital In The United States!
- Colorado To Recall Third Obama Soviet Democrat: Evie Hudak (D) Colluded In Seditious Gun Control Legislation.