TOKYO (Sputnik) – Sweden’s Defense Minister Peter Hultqvist said Monday that he supports efforts of individual states to build up their own militaries and boost cooperation, but also believes that, with regard to Sweden, membership of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) was not necessary.
“At this moment the best strategy is separate development of each country’s military capabilities, deepening of bilateral and multilateral cooperation… [But] in case of applying for NATO [membership], the regional tensions [would] will increase,” Hultqvist told Japanese Asahi newspaper.
Hultqvist stressed that there was no need for “experiments” to ensure safety. Sweden is known to be a neutral country, sticking to the principle of non-alignment with NATO.
Meanwhile, Japan has also started boosting its military capabilities amid the looming North Korean threat, an issue which is becoming more pressing with each missile test [That always fails & falls into the ocean well before Hawaii] reported over recent months. In July alone, North Korea tested intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) twice.
- Syrian Army Recovers NATO Bomb Used In ISIS Drone
- President Trump: “NATO Is Obsolete” President Eisenhower Agrees!
- Turkey Exits NATO: President Erdogan Purchases Russia’s S-400 Advanced Missile-Defense System
- Russia And Europe Must Stand Together Against The Resurgence Of NATO: NATO Deep State At Work In Poland
- Deep State NATO: When You Hit The Bottom Of Stupid You’ll ‘Believe’ Russia, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Hungary, China, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, & Palestine Are The Aggressors!