“Folks, you fired the first shot. It’s not about Barack Obama. It’s not about Joe Biden. It’s about whether middle-class people are going to be put back in the saddle again – because you are the people who make this country move,” Vice President Joe Biden said at a campaign event in Ohio today.
This morning, the State Convention of the New Jersey AFL-CIO voted up a resolution of support for the Glass-Steagall Bill H.R. 1489 which has been introduced into the House of Representatives by Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D-OH), H.R. 1489. The full body, by a unanimous voice vote, approved the following resolution, which had been voted by its Executive Board.
This action represents a powerful addition to the national mobilization underway to re-enact Glass-Steagall in the very short term, as the only means of adequately addressing the disastrous state of the U.S. economy, and the threat of a imminent total systemic financial breakdown crisis.
It should be noted that the New Jersey resolution includes a statement that the National AFL-CIO supports the Kaptur legislation.
The full text of the New Jersey State AFL-CIO Executive Board Resolution follows:
LaRouche ~ Update on Glass-Steagall: H.R. 1489: “Return to Prudent Banking Act of 2011″
an effective money and banking system is essential to the functioning of the economy; and
such a system must function in the public interest, without bias; and
since 1933, the Federal Banking Act (known as Glass-Steagall) protected the public interest in matters dealing with the regulation of commercial and investment banking in addition to insurance companies and securities firms; and
the Glass-Steagall Act was repealed in 1999, permitting the financial industry to exploit the system for their own gain in disregard of the public interest; and
the House of Representatigves and the Senate have been making efforts to restore the protections in the Glass-Steagall Act; and
Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur has introduced H.R. 1489 known as the “Return to Prudent Banking Act” and re-installing Glass-Steagall; and
The National AFL-CIO supports this legislation:
Now Therefore Be It Resolved,
that the Executive Board of the New Jersey State AFL-CIO supports the enactment of H.R. 1489 and urges members of the New Jersey Congressional Delegation in the House of Representatives and in the Senate to cosponsor and vote for this bill which will restore the protections of the Glass-Steagall Act; and
Be It Finally Resolved,
that a copy of this resolution be sent to the New Jersey Congressional Delegation and congresswoman Marcy Kaptur.
An online survey given by AFL-CIO had a very disturbing outcome: almost 95 percent of the participants think that the American health insurance system should be totally changed. Most of the respondents did not belong to the lower-end bracket of the strata but rather, had jobs, college education and health insurances themselves. The most disturbing part was their reasons as too why the health insurance system should be overhauled. Some say that they didn’t go to the doctor when they needed on due to the high costs. Some, on the other hand, said that their injuries were not covered by health insurances and so they didn’t bother to have it checked. There were other numerous reasons but the common denominator is that of money issues.
- Largest Union In The U.S. ~ AFL-CIO Quits The Democrat Party: Issues Resolution They Will Be Independent in 2012 Elections! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Argentina Supreme Court Connected To Convicted Felon George Soros’s Prostitution Operations! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- STOP S.679 ~ Charles Schumer Dismantles U.S. Constitution For Dictatorial Powers With Bill S.679. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Greece, European Union, Mussolini, Rothschild, & Pangalos : What Happened When Mussolini Proclaimed Perpetual Entitlement From Italian Citizens! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Senator Grassley Judiciary Committee: Obama Violates Own Homeland Security Scheme ~ Subverts Law On Immigration Policy! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- New Signs of Momentum for Glass-Steagall (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Breaking => The Debt Ceiling Was Raised 117 Times Since The $700 Billion TARP Bailout. Now Alone At An Astronomical $12.8 Trillion. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- We Have A Convicted Felon Still Driving Behind The Wheel In America: His Name Is George Soros!
- Why States Must Nullify Unconstitutional Acts of Congress.
- BREAKING: More Than 1000 International Scientists Call Man-Made Global Warming A Fraud – Challenge NWO Operatives ~ UN IPCC & Gore
- Volcker Confesses to $2 Trillion Swindle Against the American People (sgtreport.com)
- Undoing Bill Clinton’s Destruction To The United States: Restoring FDR’s Glass Steagall Act That Clinton Repealed. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Hoenig: Glass Steagall II “Absolutely Necessary” (ritholtz.com)