Stop the Global Corporate Coup -> FASCISM!
Sign the petition to President Obama to release the text.
New book on Fast track available for free! Lori Wallach co-wrote a book called “The Rise and Fall of Fast Track” that is online for free: http://www.fasttrackhistory.org/ Fast Track is a process used in Congress and without it and it is essential for passage of the TOO.
The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) is poised to become the largest Corporate Trade Agreement in U.S. history. The massive trade and investment pact is currently being negotiated behind-closed-doors between the United States and countries throughout the Pacific Rim — except for 600 big business advisers who are helping to write the law.
- U.S. At War Against Its Own Corporate Government: Utah Lawmakers & Utah Sheriffs Rein In Renegade BLM, Forest Service Officers Attempting To Institute United Nation’s Agenda 21.
- Colonel Sellin ~ Only Rebellion Against Corporate Tyranny Can Save America!
- ALERT => Corrupt NWO GOPs In Montana Attempting To Institute The Mechanism Of Fascism: Increase Corporate Contribution Levels By 484%
- Rothschild’s Corporate Fascist Empire: Food Crisis, Land Grabs, Poverty, Slums, Environmental Devastation And The Resistance To The People’s Justice!
- Centralizing America Thru Corporate Banking Power: Remembering Benito Mussolini & Adolph Hitler
- Psychiatric Evaluation Of Resident Obama!
- Fascism Returns To Greece: NWO Multinational Big Pharmaceutical Companies Hold Greece Hostage By Denying Shipments Of Medicine Reducing Supply By 90%!
- LIBOR: Viewing The Biggest Financial Crime in History: California The Epicenter!
Countries currently include the United States, Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore and Vietnam with Mexico and Canada recently joining. The TPP intended to become the trade law for the world as it includes a “docking agreement” that allows all nations will join over time.
Powerful corporate interests want to use the TPP to:
– Offshore good-paying jobs to low-wage nations and undercut working conditions globally and further reducing wages in the United States
– Create new tools for attacking environmental, healh, labor and consumer safety standards
– Expand the deregulation of banks, hedge funds and insurance companies
– Further concentrate global food supplies, displacing family farmers and subjecting consumers to wild price fluctuations
– Institute longer patents that restrict access to affordable, generic medications
Instead of being debated out in the open, the TPP has thus far been negotiated in the shadows. Approximately 600 corporate lobbyists have been given access to the TPP negotiating texts and advise the U.S. trade negotiators as to exact language of the treaty. Meanwhile, the people whose lives will be affected by the TPP have been barred from even reviewing what negotiators have proposed in our names.
Some sections have been leaked and they show an agreement written by and for transnational corporations including creating a trade tribunal court system that allows corporations to sue governments for potential lost profits, e.g. if a country passes an environmental law corporations can figure out how it will affect their profits and sue the country for these imagined profits. Making things worse, the judges on these tribunals will be mostly corporate lawyers on leave from their corporate job. They return to their corporation after temporarily serving as a judge.
The plans for the TPP are to complete negotiations in 2012 and have Congress vote up or down on the law. The Obama administration is seeking “fast track” authority from Congress in order to complete the negotiations. This means there will be no committee hearings, expert testimony or amendments. The Obama administration is taking this anti-democratic approach because they know if this treaty was debated it would never become law. The American people will oppose this law which is why secrecy and fast track are being used.
There are alternatives to agreements like the TPP that empower corporations at the expense of people and the planet. See the 21st Century Trade and Market Access Act.
Leesburg, Virginia negotiations
The fourteenth major round of TPP negotiations took place in Leesburg, Virginia from September 6 to 15. We organized protests so this massive trade pact, this global corporate coup, would be pushed out of the shadows.
Trade negotiators and corporate lobbyists from the United States and throughout the Pacific Rim met at a fancy resort in Leesburg, Virginia outside of Washington, DC from September 6 to 15 to advance the secretive Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement — an transnational corporate power grab that would affect the economy, the environment, public health and democracy itself for decades to come.
U.S. negotiators have granted approximately 600 corporate lobbyists access to the negotiating texts, but have flatly refused to tell the public what they have been proposing in our names. In fact, they don’t intend to tell us what they’ve been working on even after the deal is signed and completed.
- Doctors Group TPP Must Make Medicine Available, Affordable
- Experts advocate Japan joining TPP without knowing what’s in the secret agreement
- Japan-China-South Korea Trade Deal Higher Priority to Countries Involved Than TPP
- The TPP a Job Creator? Don’t Buy It!
- Free Trade v. Democracy: If the TPP becomes law corporate power trumps the Constitution and democracy
- North Amercan Unity Statement: North America and the World Cannot Afford Another NAFTA-Like Bad Corporate Trade Deal
- New Zealand Alliance says TPPA Would Lock in a Corporate Power Grab
- Student Doctors Concerned about TPPA’s Patient Implications
- Nurses: Secret Trade Deal will Affect the Cost of Health Care in NZ
- At New Zealand TPP Negotiation Plea for Government to Prove Commitment to Democracy and Transparency
- Unions ask the tough questions about the TPP in New Zealand
- US Embassy “extremely happy” with Policing of TPP Protest in New Zealand – tape
- Anti-TPP Protesters Complain About Police Actions During TPP Negotiations in New Zealand
- Two-Thirds Wary of TPP That Allows Foreign Investors to Sue
- Public interest groups fly to Auckland, NZ to meet with TPP negotiators, are only allowed in the building to give a 15-minute joint presentation
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership: What “Free Trade” Actually Means
- Why So Secretive? The Trans-Pacific Partnership as Global Corporate Coup
- Occupy the TPP: Civil Disobedience Actions Blockade Entrance to Site of TPP Negotiations in VA
- Obama Says One Thing In the Spotlight; Does Another Behind Closed Doors
- The Barf Brigade: The TPP Makes Me Sick (Video and Story)
- Pocahontas Star Arrested at Secret Trade Agreement Negotiatons
- Margaret Flowers Explains Why She Blocked the TPP
- What You Need to Know About a Worldwide Corporate Power Grab of Enormous Proportions
- If You Like NAFTA, You’ll Love TPP
- A Lesson for TPP: The high price of ‘free’ trade: NAFTA’s failure has cost the United States jobs across the nation
- Secret Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Negotiations are a Fire Sale to Foreign Corporations
- Controversial Trade Pact Text Leaked, Shows U.S. Trade Officials Have Agreed to Terms That Undermine Obama Domestic Agenda
- Leaked Trade Document Shows that Obama is Worse than We Thought
- Occupy DC Mic Check at the TPP
- Video Protest Rally Against the TPP
Comedian Lee Camp explains the TPP:
- Obama skirting Congress in globalist plan? (wnd.com)
- Urgent => Behind Closed Doors, Corporate Cabalists Have Designed A Chaos Bill To Deliver The “Coup de Gras” To The United States ~ TPP! Because In 2013 The Federal Reserve Charter Runs Out! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Over 400 Groups Urge New Direction in the Trans-Pacific Partnership (infojustice.org)
- From the Folks Who Brought You NAFTA (dissidentvoice.org)
- Report from Shady Global Trade Talks in Singapore (earthfirstnews.wordpress.com)
- TPP a risky venture for Japan (japantimes.co.jp)
- China Set To Lose Out To Vietnam As Obama’s Deadly Non-Transparent TPP Deal Looms: TPP Isn’t Really A Trade Agreement ~ It’s A Rothschild International Corporate Coup!! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Does Fracking Make You Queasy? So Will The Trans-Pacific Trade Pact. (sierraclub.typepad.com)