Arizona – –(Ammoland.com)– After being shot, one robber dropped the stolen money.
An armed citizen in Arizona has stopped a bank robbery in a dramatic and effective fashion. It appears that he determined what was happening, took action, and fired on the armed robbers when they resisted. One robber was killed, the other is in custody.
It reminds one a bit of the famous Arkansas bank robbery that was thwarted by armed citizens in 1922.
“He took the keys out of the car because they left the car running. And so he took the keys out of the car and kind of, I guess, he stood behind it waiting for them (the suspects) to come out,” said Therea Sessler, owner of Fix Salon.
The armed citizen used his head to gain tactical advantage. He disabled the armed robbers means of escape, then took cover. In the video, the witness above says that he “hid” behind the vehicle.
I suspect that he called the police. It is not reported, but it makes sense to have reinforcements coming and aware of your presence. We do not know if the robbers fired at him. The citizen who thwarted the robbers was not identified, but the word on the street is that he was someone who owns a nearby business.
The Desert Schools Credit Union is located in a strip mall next to a Big 5 Sporting goods store. Here is what the scene looks like from the air. The Credit Union is to the right of the Big 5 sporting goods.
- DEMOCRAT AKA; COMMUNIST STEVEN SANTARSIERO’S PENNSYLVANIA GUN PROPERTY CONTROL BILL GOES DOWN IN FLAMES.
There appear to be four vehicles inside the police tape at the scene. The planned getaway car may have been the gray sedan on the right. It is blocking the handicapped space directly in front of the Credit Union. The robber could easily have run the distance to where the money was dropped in front of the Big 5 before collapsing.
In the 1922 Arkansas bank robbery attempt, an armed citizen noticed a running car outside the bank, with a getaway driver in it. He flattened both tires with a handgun; the driver attempted to flee, but was shot by another citizen with a shotgun.
Three robbers were killed, two seriously wounded and captured. Not one citizen was hit with stray gunshots.
©2014 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice is included.
Link to Gun Watch
Update: This magazine was found at the scene. Its origin has not been reported. It appears to be for .40 S&W or 9mm ammunition.
- OBAMA VIOLATES U.S. MUNITIONS EXPORT LAWS: EXPORTS ASSAULT WEAPONS TO NWO SYRIAN REBELS.
- FBI REPORT: GUN FREE ZONE EXPERIMENT IN CHICAGO CREATES CRISIS ~ A MURDERER’S SANCTUARY CAPITAL IN THE UNITED STATES!
- GUNS SAVE 2,191 LIVES EACH DAY IN THE US: FBI ~ 32 GUNS PURCHASED EVERY MINUTE IN THE UNITED STATES.
- DETROIT POLICE CHIEF TO GUN OWNERS: DEFEND YOUR HOMES ~ EVER WONDER WHAT THE SECOND AMENDMENT REALLY MEANS?
- MISSOURI PASSES ‘EMERGENCY’ BILL TO NULLIFY ALL FEDERAL GUN LAWS: REJECTS “UNLIMITED SUBMISSION” TO CORPORATE GOVERNMENT!
- OBAMA’S DEADLY EBOLA FAILURE: GROSS NEGLIGENCE OF A FEDERAL PRESIDENT THAT IS ASSIGNED BY THE STATES ‘TO QUARANTINE OUR BORDERS’ ARE BEING ABNEGATED.
- FEDERAL JUDGE JOHN ROLL MURDERED GABRIELLE GIFFORDS WOUNDED: COINCIDENCE JUDGE ROLL WAS MURDERED BECAUSE HE OVERTURNED THE BRADY GUN CONTROL BILL WHICH WAS IN VIOLATION OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS?