Following Alabama’s lead, lawmakers in the Oklahoma House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly to approve popular legislation protecting private-property rights and banning a controversial United Nations “sustainable development” scheme known as Agenda 21, which critics say represents a serious threat to American values and liberty. If approved by the Senate as expected, the law would also prohibit state and local governments from working with the UN or its affiliates to implement any sort of “international law” that violates the U.S. or Oklahoma constitutions.
The bill, H.B. 1412, was passed in the state House last week on a bipartisan vote, with a Republican-led coalition of 67 supporting the legislation against 17 Democrats who opposed the measure. It originally passed out of the States’ Rights Committee in late February and is now in the state Senate, where a broad coalition of activists — supporters of national sovereignty, private property, the Constitution, individual liberty, Tea Party groups, and more — is working to ensure its passage.
Of course, Oklahoma is just the latest state to take action against the highly controversial UN plan, which calls for a transformation of human civilization under the guise of promoting so-called “sustainability.” In May of last year, Alabama became the first state to officially ban UN Agenda 21 after a law to protect private property and due process rights was signed by Gov. Robert Bentley. The wildly popular bi-partisan legislation was approved unanimously in both houses of the state legislature.
Before that, lawmakers on both sides of the aisle in Tennessee adopted a resolution blasting the dubious UN agenda as a radical “socialist” plot at odds with individual liberty, private-property rights, and the U.S. Constitution. Lawmakers in Kansas followed suit. Numerous other state governments, under heavy pressure from activists across the political spectrum, are also working to ban the “sustainable development” scheme in their jurisdictions. City and county governments, meanwhile, are taking action to protect residents, too.
- Take Action: Repeal the Monsanto Protection Act!
- Obama Shuts Down Air Defense System On US/Mexico Border!
- Foreign Troop Buildup In Colombia: To Confiscate U.S. Citizen’s Defense Weapons In The United States Of America.
In Oklahoma, lawmakers said legislation was needed to defend citizens and their rights from the UN scheme as well. Despite having never been ratified by the U.S. Senate as required by the Constitution, supporters of the bill explained, officials at all levels — especially the federal executive branch, mostly using unconstitutional “grants” and decrees — have been quietly working to implement the controversial 1992 international agreement across America.
“House Bill 1412 is a short little bill, barely two pages long; it deals with a big topic though, protecting personal property rights,” noted Republican Rep. Sally Kern, who sponsored the legislation in the Oklahoma House. “This bill is specifically dealing with the intrusion of our government into personal property rights that has been happening for the last 20 years and is getting worse through the Agenda 21 of the UN, their sustainable development program.”
Rep. Kern pointed out that as many as 10 federal agencies under multiple U.S. administrations — George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama most recently — have been working to implement the UN scheme. She also offered numerous examples of the agenda being foisted on Oklahoma, noting that other states have passed similar legislation to protect citizens as well.
A handful of Democrats, apparently ignorant about UN Agenda 21, sounded confused during the questioning session on the House floor, asking bizarre questions such as whether or not cities would be barred from building bike lanes. Rep. Kern answered well. While noting that it is important to protect the environment, Kern said Oklahoma should not be subservient to outside forces — plus, as countless analysts have pointed out, Agenda 21 has little to do with protecting nature anyway.
“One of the goals of the United Nations Agenda 21 Initiative is to influence governments,” Kern explained. “My constituents are concerned about that influence and about their property rights being infringed upon by government regulations that originated from Agenda 21. My legislation addresses those concerns by protecting individual property rights.”
Kern said it was “very easy” to see what was going on and which organizations were linked to the controversial global plan, urging fellow lawmakers to do some research and check out the UN website itself. “You can go and look up the President’s Council on Sustainable Development,” she added, singling out ICLEI — formerly known as the International Council of Local Environmental Initiatives — as one of the UN-linked groups working to foist the controversial “sustainability” plan on America and the world.
The ultimate UN plan was outlined and agreed to by national governments and dictatorships worldwide at the 1992 “Earth Summit” in Rio de Janeiro. “Agenda 21 is a comprehensive plan of action to be taken globally, nationally and locally by organizations of the United Nations System, Governments, and Major Groups in every area in which human impacts (sic) on the environment,” the UNadmits on its website, sparking suspicions from analysts who point out that virtually every aspect of human existence has some “impact” on the “environment.”
When one realizes that the UN considers carbon dioxide — a gas exhaled by humans and necessary to plant life — to be a pollutant, the true scope of the global agenda becomes clear. Plus, as the UN admits in its documents, the global organization believes private ownership of land should be curtailed. Other official papers and statements reveal that the UN is seeking a “complete transformation” of the global economy in ways that are completely at odds with national sovereignty, individual liberty, American traditions of self-governance, and more. Even individuals’ thoughts are in the crosshairs, according to UN documents.
The Oklahoma bill passed by the House last week reads: “The state or any political subdivision of the state shall not adopt or implement policy recommendations that deliberately or inadvertently infringe upon or restrict private property rights without due process, as may be required by policy recommendations originating in, or traceable to United Nations Agenda 21/Sustainable Development.” Also prohibited under the measure is state or local government participation in “any other international law or ancillary plan of action that contravenes the Constitution of the United States or the Oklahoma Constitution.”
The legislation also ensures that state and local governments are barred from working with UN-linked groups promoting the controversial agenda. “Since the United Nations has accredited or enlisted numerous nongovernmental and intergovernmental organizations to assist in the implementation of its policies relative to United Nations Agenda 21/Sustainable Development around the world, the state and all political subdivisions of the state shall not enter into any agreement, expend any sum of money, receive funds contracting services or give financial aid to or from any nongovernmental or intergovernmental organizations accredited or enlisted by the United Nations,” the bill continues.
Unsurprisingly, a few members of the increasingly discredited establishment press sought to demonize or ridicule supporters of the legislation, variously claiming that opposition to Agenda 21 was either a “conspiracy theory” or that the UN scheme is harmless. It remains unclear why supporters of the UN plot continue to falsely allege that opponents consider it a “conspiracy” — a conspiracy is secret by definition, and the global organization has documents about Agenda 21 and the goals all over its website.
Analysts have also pointed out that if, as some proponents of the scheme claim, the UN agenda is non-binding and does virtually nothing, such fiendish opposition to laws protecting private property and due process would seem bizarre, almost ludicrous. However, despite half-baked efforts by the UN and its allies to vilify opponents of Agenda 21, it appears that grassroots pressurewithin both parties is having a significant effect.
The Oklahoma legislation to ban Agenda 21 will be assigned to a state Senate committee soon — probably within the week, according to sources in the legislature. If it eventually passes, as analysts and lawmakers widely expect, the bill would go to Republican Governor Mary Fallin to be signed into law. The governor’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Photo of Oklahoma State Capitol in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Alex Newman is a correspondent for The New American, covering economics, politics, and more. He can be reached email@example.com.
- Alabama Adopts First Official State Ban on UN Agenda 21
- Tennessee Passes Resolution Slamming “Socialist” UN Agenda 21
- Virginia Takes On Sound Money, Federal Assaults, and UN Agenda 21
- The Real Agenda Behind UN “Sustainability” Unmasked
- GMO Giant Monsanto Joins Big Business Coalition for UN Agenda 21
- Powerful New Video Explores How Agenda 21 Will Affect You
- UN Sustainability Summit Exposed: Big Business, Dictators, and NGOs
- GOP Platform Rejects UN Agenda 21 as Threat to Sovereignty
- Your Hometown & the United Nations’ Agenda 21
- Sustainable Freedom: Surging Opposition to Agenda 21, “Sustainable Development”
Nuremberg Trials Are Back On The Menu: Corrupt Politicians Where Treason Meets Handcuffs By The People!
- Defense Weapons And Ammo Production Maxed Out In The United States: “This Is A Society Preparing For War”
- Warren Buffet The Illuminati’s Sleeper Cell Of Corruption Within The United States
- Harford Campaign for Liberty: “The Next Generation of Indoctrinated Dupes is Poised to Take Up the Cause Thanks to State Mandated Environmental Curricula Such as We Have in Maryland” (daggerpress.com)
- More States Pass Anti-Agenda 21 Legislation to Protect Private Property Rights (occupycorporatism.com)
- Agenda 21: Heroic Ann Bressington, Australian MP – Names the NWO Gang (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Spooky Agenda 21 Commercial Hitler’s Final Solution to be Realized by Obamacare (lissakr11humane.com)
- Agenda 21: How it’s impacting life in America (thebrennerbrief.com)
- Agenda 21 for your representatives. (patinthehat00.wordpress.com)
- British Monarchy Proposes United States Return To Pre-1845 Borders As A Solution To The Drug Cartel’s U.S. Mexican Border War!
- Oklahoma House Passes Bill to Ban UN Agenda 21 (thenewamerican.com)
- Banking Cabal Sues Apple Macintosh For Antitrust: While Rothschild Merges All Weather Channels, Banks, & Gorbachev Merges All Farm Land For U.N.’s Agenda 21 Violating Antitrust Laws! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Senators attack sustainable development, Agenda 21 (blogs.courier-journal.com)
- WARNING: OBAMA’S GREEN MONEY SCHEME EXPOSED – Part Two (righttruth.typepad.com)