Domestic abuse is a seemingly daily occurrence in Gallatin County. Calls to Bozeman police and Gallatin County deputies paint the picture:
• At noon Saturday a son called police after he and his mother were punched by the son’s stepfather.
• Later that day, an argument forced a woman to leave her 2-year-old with her boyfriend, who had possibly been using meth.
• At 8 p.m., deputies responded to a 911 hang-up call after hearing a man screaming obscenities in the background. Upon arrival, deputies were met by a man with a firearm. The man was arrested for domestic assault.
Montana is one of nine states with provisions that say that the right of recall extends to recalling members of its federal congressional delegation, pursuant to Montana Code 2-16-603, on the grounds of physical or mental lack of fitness, incompetence, violation of oath of office, official misconduct, or conviction of certain felony offenses.
Section 2 of Montana Code 2-16-603 reads:
“(2) A public officer holding an elective office may be recalled by the qualified electors entitled to vote for the elective officer’s successor.”
“Two time Medal of Honor winner Marine General Smedley Butler stated;
“There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.
Time to fight. “
Calls such as those are why Montana U.S. Sen. Max Baucus was in Bozeman on Sunday to meet with local leaders who deal with the issue every day.
Baucus has been focused on domestic violence for nearly two decades. In 1994, he supported the original Violence Against Women Act, which was passed into law and helped establish grants for domestic violence prevention.
Recently, Baucus voted in favor of the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act, which cleared the U.S. Senate on Feb. 12. The current bill is designed to reduce the rate of domestic and sexual violence against women and children, while empowering survivors and holding offenders accountable. The act now provides more than $4 million for 50 programs across Montana.
Baucus said the reauthorization bill received bipartisan support in the Senate, but the U.S. House of Representatives did not agree to it in full. Baucus noted that the House has talked about different provisions that might not authorize programs important to rural communities, such as allowing tribal courts to have jurisdiction over domestic violence cases.
“I’m depending on you, since you all know the subject of domestic violence so well,” Baucus said, urging attendees to communicate with legislators. “The more the community gets involved in all of this, the better.”
During a recent visit to Missoula, Baucus said work was being done there by focusing on shelters and victim assistance. But he believes that’s only one piece of the puzzle.
“I think more attention needs to be spent on prevention and awareness,” Baucus said. “I believe prevention is key here. In addition to this being a public safety issue, if unchecked it becomes a public health issue. The more kids that are subjected to these traumas, the more likely it is they’ll be incarcerated as kids.”
Kristy McFetridge, executive director of HAVEN, a Bozeman nonprofit that helps Montana families affected by domestic abuse, offered support for the reauthorization act. Last year, HAVEN provided services for 904 different residents in Gallatin County.
“Last year we had a 50 percent increase in need for services,” she said. “We’ve seen such a dramatic increase in need. Our focus is prevention – we work with so many families and children. If they can be raised in an environment without abuse, it will prevent future violence and offenders.”
Montana Legal Services Association supervising attorney Jeannette Ellen Berry has experience working with divorce cases. She said financial help is needed for victims who can’t afford an attorney.
“If the victims can get an attorney, or even advice from one, there’s something about that that really empowers them,” Berry said. “They go from victims to survivors if they have that assistance.”
Gallatin County Sheriff Brian Gootkin also said he supported the bill.
“It seems society has shifted to where the focus gets put on offenders, and not the victims. That’s why I think these grants are smart money,” he said.
Members of Montana State University’s Voice Center detailed their visits to classes where they discuss partner violence, gender stereotypes and sexual abuse on campus.
“The media, especially the music industry, constructs a view of gender that makes it a good thing that one partner is in control of another,” said MSU Voice Center outreach coordinator Jake Losinski. “People receive this message their whole lives, and we combat it by pointing it out to people that it even exists. We’re getting the word out there about what healthy relationships should look like, and it’s a pretty big battle.”
Alanna Sherstad, MSU Voice Center coordinator, said another prevention tactic is educating witnesses of assault about what to do.
“One of our public service announcements is ‘Not in our house.’ It’s using peers and administration to demonstrate that sexual assault is unacceptable,” Sherstad said.
The United States [Corrupt Bought Off Senators], Are sending weapons to Egypt while the muslim brotherhood are Murdering Christians and burning their cities.
This is the evil that obama, hitlery and the rest of the Rothschild tyrants are supporting. They have worked diligently to install their [hound dog islamic terrorists ~ muslim brotherhood murderers] throughout the middle east (AND THROUGHOUT OUR OWN GOVERNMENT) because they MUST have the caliphate in order to implement the “global government” they so desperately want.
People had better wake up REMOVE THESE SENATORS FROM OFFICE and realize what we’re soon going to have to deal with here on our soil. [WAKE UP]
How can unedited CSPAN footage of Senate proceedings posted on YouTube comprise a “smear?” Any reasonable person viewing the clip would conclude that Baucus was drunk or had something else wrong with him. Baucus’ office did not assert that he was experiencing some other problem, like fatigue or a medical condition.
National Legal And Policy Center
WHERE’S THE COURAGE MAX?
This picture was taken last year in Eypt.
Where’s the outrage Max?
The Senate Thursday voted down an effort that would have [banned Muslim Brotherhood]-controlled Egypt from getting 20 modern U.S. F-16 warplanes and 200 Abrams tanks.
In violation of The Fourteenth Amendment Baucus & Tester Sends ‘Aid To The Enemy’, An Enemy Who Is Committing Genocide Upon The Christians! This isn’t monetary aid but military aid.
“Furthermore, under the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution , any federal or state officer who takes the requisite oath to support the Constitution, but later engages in rebellion or aids the enemies of the United States , is disqualified from being a senator. “
Had anyone answered the questions:
Against whom would these weapons be used? Does Egypt have any threats from outside its borders? Don’t they have enough mayhem within their own nation that has turned that country into a total, ungovernable disaster?
And this is the country whom Obama and this group of know-nothings have equipped with the most modern weaponry in our own arsenal? Of course, these armaments will eventually be used against Israel in the near future. Anyone doubting this, just respond with your comments. I’d like to hear what they are.
And where, may I ask, were the voices of Jewish “defense groups,” such as ADL, AIPAC, AJC and the JCPA, in speaking out against this move? Their support for Obama’s selection of Chuck Hagel for secretary of defense was a signal of their commitment to each and every Obama policy. They are an embarrassment to all who support Israel and freedom in the Middle East. Speak to them with a cessation of your contributions.
The following list contains the [DAMNABLE CORRUPT SENATORS] WORKING FOR THE NEW WORLD ORDER OF ROTHSCHILD. They voted to table Sen. Rand Paul’s amendment and instead decided to send arms to the Christian murdering Egypt muslim brotherhood!
The 19 senators who supported the so-called Rand amendment, trying in vain to prevent an outrageous move to give weapons to an avowed enemy of Christianity, were our finest — all Republicans.
UNITED STATES PATRIOTS
Their names are as follows. Remember them well!
- Boozman (R-AR)
- Coats (R-IN)
- Cornyn (R-TX)
- Crapo (R-ID)
- Cruz (R-TX)
- Fischer (R-NE)
- Grassley (R-IA)
- Heller (R-NV)
- Lee (R-UT)
- Moran (R-KS)
- Paul (R-KY)
- Risch (R-ID)
- Roberts (R-KS)
- Rubio (R-FL)
- Scott (R-SC)
- Sessions (R-AL)
- Shelby (R-AL)
- Thune (R-SD)
- Vitter (R-LA)
Is The Muslim Brotherhood Crucifying Christians?
- Obama backed Muslim Brotherhood Begins Crucifixions and Torture
- Obama’s Muslim Brotherhood Murdered More Than 11,000 Citizens In The Year 2012: And Obama/Feinstein Want To Violate Our Constitution And Disarm The United States!
- Obama’s Muslim Brotherhood: How Americans Should Behave During an Islamic Massacre ~ Just Eliminate Your Freedom!
- Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood: Christian Convert Is Brutally Beheaded!
- State Militias May Be Implemented To Root Out Obama’s Muslim Brotherhood.
- Muslim Brotherhood Gang Charged In Non-Muslim Child “Prostitution Ring”!
- Breaking -> Warning Given By Obama’s Muslim Brotherhood: Mobilizing For Jordan’s King Abdullah “October Surprise” Overthrow!
- Exposing Minnesota’s Muslim Brotherhood: Calling Keith Ellison Out!
- Muslim Brotherhood: NWO’s Secret Weapon To Churn America While Pouring Fraudulent Bailouts Into Our Commodity System.
- 3,308 AMERICANS HAVE BEEN MURDERED, BY MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD ON AMERICAN SOIL SINCE 1972
- Weekend Reflections: Obama Burns The U.S. Constitution ~ Renders U.S. Taxpayer Money Directly To Anti-American Muslim Brotherhood.
- Democrats Want Appeasement With Muslim Brotherhood? Islam Has Been Committing Terrorism Since 600 A.D.
- Weekend Reflections: Hillary Clinton Offers $106 Million In U.S. Taxpayer’s Money To Help Boost Muslim Brotherhood Ties!
- Obama’s Beloved Muslim Brotherhood Mercenaries Arrived In Gaza With Grad Multiple Rocket Launchers Against Israel.
- TREASON REPORT: U.S. Met With Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood ~ Granted ‘Direct Access’ To U.S. Taxpayer’s ‘Paper Derivative’ Stimulus Debt.
- Mama Grizzly & The Muslim Brotherhood
- FBI Identified Terrorist Network Of Muslim Brotherhood: Globalist’s Secret Weapon
- Muslim Brotherhood Attempts To Assassinate Carter?????: Jimbo Carter, “I think the Muslim Brotherhood is not anything to be afraid…” Hey Jimmy, How About The United States Constitution?
Muslim Brotherhood Activists At CPAC: Orrin Hatch Apologies Voting For Bailout Package!
- Egypt Cracks Down on Press Freedom, Christians Protest Persecution
- US Senate Supports Morsi’s Oppressive Muslim Brotherhood Regime (grumpyelder.com)
- Today, Christ Was Born Unto The World And His Name Will Be Immanuel!
- War hero blasts administration for providing weaponry to our enemies
- Tahrir Square protest: ‘Obama you jerk, Muslim Brotherhoods are killing the Egyptians’
- Obama delivers modern fighter jets to Muslim Brotherhood
- North Carolina’s Senators Vote to Send F-16s and Abrams Tanks to the Muslim Brotherhood (ncrenegade.com)
- US Senate Shoots Down Bid to Halt Sales of F-16s, Tanks to Egypt (cnsnews.com)
- HOW YOUR SENATOR VOTED TO SEND F-16’s FIGHTER JETS TO EGYPT (americanfreedombybarbara.com)
- Morsi’s New Egyptian Sharia Law Constitution Jails and Abuses Christians (dcxposed.com)
- Muslim Brotherhood infiltration? ‘It’s Obama himself’ (wnd.com)
- Obama & Congress Giving Fighter Jets, Tanks to Muslim Brotherhood (creepingsharia.wordpress.com)
- Special Weapons Deal for Muslim Brotherhood? (usdailyreview.com)
- Video report confirms Egyptian crucifixions
- Crucifixions Abound in Egypt as Arab Spring Bears Fruit
- Obama Deceit Sends $1 Billion In Tax Payer’s Cash For CAIR’s Muslim Brotherhood In Egypt: What Obama Does Not Want You To Know!
- Miracle Of Coptic Christians Zeitun Egypt
- 54 Members of Congress Accepted Money From Hamas Terrorists: Federal Judge Confirms CAIR Are Hamas Terrorists!
- CAIR Participated In A “Criminal Conspiracy” Led By Hamas: State Of Tennessee New Bill ~ Makes It A Felony To Knowingly help Terrorist Organization With Money, Advice Or Any Other Aid.
- Weekend Reflections: U.S. Federal Judge Found CAIR Guilty Of Criminal Conspiracy!